Metal Storm logo
DragonForce - New Song Online

UK power metallers DragonForce have premiered their new song "Cry Thunder", taken from their upcoming album The Power Within, at this location. The new album will be released on April 17th via Roadrunner Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: dragonforce.com
Band profile: DragonForce
Posted: 02.04.2012 by Flower Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 155 users
02.04.2012 - 14:02
koob

Really ? same song, different album.
02.04.2012 - 14:50
Dronewolf

I heard this 8 years ago.
02.04.2012 - 15:51
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
----
Chef Metal Head
02.04.2012 - 16:26
WorpeX
Made of Metal
From the comments on this, I was expecting a blazing fast song with generic guitar solos and the vocalist singing at full speed. However, this song actually sounded rather unique for DragonForce. It was mid-tempo, the guitars actually blended well with the rest of the music and the new singer brings a little bit of a different sound to the table. Even had some synths thrown in. Can''t expect much more from DragonForce, I enjoyed the track! Its something fresh from a band which desperately needed it.
02.04.2012 - 16:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I listened to 46 seconds. Pretty much the same thing as ever, just slower.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.04.2012 - 16:42
rocksoccer

Hopefully, they finally realize speed is not the only way to produce attractive music.
----
02.04.2012 - 18:20
Stabby
Account deleted
I like it. Nice and catchy with a hook, powerful, distinctive, singer sounds good. Slow for Dragonforce is a smart move, you can't have an entire career in one tempo. It's going to be a hit with their fans because it's a bit of a change.

I was hoping for another song like The Last Journey Home on this album, the medium tempo but also innovation and a non-typical structure. Like Troy up there said, it's pretty typical of Dragonforce, just at a different tempo. And I suppose they create a new and unique-sounding song but some people would like to see more innovation from them than just doing it a bit slower. I'll have to listen to the album. Lost Forgotten World is already basically what they have always done.

I'm so ambivalent about this band it's ridiculous!

edit: haha, I knew Flower Metal would say that. It is pretty fucking glorious!
02.04.2012 - 18:33
BlankFile

The same all over again, only this time is a bit slower. Too repetitive.
02.04.2012 - 20:52
Olli

I quite liked it unlike most people here
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
02.04.2012 - 21:04
Druss

An improvement for me, but its still embedded a bit too much in the ''same old euro-power metal'' camp for me. Still, may actually give the album a perusal when it comes out now after hearing this as opposed to just chuckling heartily when I realise its been released and avoiding it.
02.04.2012 - 21:20
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Not mindblowing, but better than I was expecting... I'll certainly give the album a listen.
02.04.2012 - 22:07
giok99

Nice one. Didnt expect this kind of tempo. The new singer is a nice addition. One of my next buy
----
Nothing is real
02.04.2012 - 22:16
The Paz Workshop

It was a bit generic. I like the new singer though. Still, it wasn't amazingly fast so kudos for that, but this track sort of suggests that their song writing is at their best when they're going at it 10 to the dozen.

Hits total: 3097 | This month: 6