Metal Storm logo
The Agonist - New Album Details Revealed

After spending many months in the studio, Canadian melodic death metallers The Agonist have finally finished their third studio album, Prisoners. Produced by Christian Donaldson ( Cryptopsy) and mixed by Tue Madsen ( The Haunted, Dark Tranquillity, Suicide Silence), Prisoners is set to be released via Century Media Records on June 4th in Europe and June 5th in North America, and it picks right up where 2009's Lullabies For The Dormant Mind left off, with soaring melodies over complex metal passages.

In regards to this upcoming album, the band commented: "Creating Prisoners was the most challenging under-taking to date for The Agonist. Years of emotion, passion, thought and experience went into making this album, and I think people will be able to hear, feel and think right along with us when they listen to Prisoners."

Fans don't have to wait until the release date to hear new music though. The band will be selling digital download cards throughout their upcoming North American Tour with Kittie. The brand new track "Ideomotor" and the previously limited edition EP-only track "The Escape" will be available for immediate download, with the remainder of the album available on release date.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Agonist
Posted: 03.04.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 43 users
04.04.2012 - 00:14
Lethean
Account deleted
Such a crappy band...
04.04.2012 - 01:26
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by Guest on 04.04.2012 at 00:14

Such an awesome band, I can't wait.

Agreed
04.04.2012 - 01:29
Lethean
Account deleted
I said their music is crappy don't quote me !
04.04.2012 - 04:09
The Benighted

Their second album wasn't anything spectacular, but it was solid, nonetheless. Curious as to how this turns out.
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
04.04.2012 - 16:06
demonsarising

I like their stuff. I got to see them live when they toured with Kamelot last fall, and they put on a good show.
04.04.2012 - 16:06
demonsarising

I like their stuff. I got to see them live when they toured with Kamelot last fall, and they put on a good show.
04.04.2012 - 17:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 04.04.2012 at 01:29

Quoting you.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.04.2012 - 17:44
Lethean
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.04.2012 at 17:38

Written by Guest on 04.04.2012 at 01:29

Quoting you.

huh better to comment on The Agonist new album

Hits total: 3461 | This month: 5