03. Waking Up Dead
04. Hell To The Holy
05. Snake Pit
06. All Hail
07. Devil
08. Shockwave
09. The 8th Gate
10. M-pire (Prelude)

Well, if there's one thing that Mpire Of Evil has proven, it's that one Venom is enough.

Mantas, Demotion Man, Antton. Those names sound familiar? Yeah, that's because they're all former Venom members. Taking into account this is a band of Venom rejects, these guys actually did a spectacular job. Well, yes, it does pretty much suck, but it's like watching a Devry dropout get a job at NASA. Sure, his job may consist solely of cleaning the vomit off the astronaut's training apparatus, but still - good for him. Mpire Of Evil is essentially where current Venom is. Everything from generic riffs and muddy production to the vocal delivery is essentially the same.

The only significant difference with Hell To The Holy is that it is a little less campy, which in turn makes it worse. As a Venom fan, I can say without any hesitation that, yes, they do suck. Their one redeeming quality is that goofy caveman quality that makes them a great band to put on while pounding 40's of malt liquor (as long as you're going to be abandoning any pretense of class anyways...) Even most Venom fans are fans based on a little sense of irony. Anyone who takes them seriously is probably some kind of inbred perma-drunk. If you take away the over-the-top comical side to them, as Mpire Of Evil have done, you're left with a pretty generic heavy metal album performed by sub-par musicians.

If you don't like Venom, Mpire Of Evil is a waste of time. If you own a Venom album, Mpire Of Evil is a waste of time...In fact, it's difficult to figure out what demographic would find this to be a valuable listen.

Written on 07.04.2012 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 102 users
07.04.2012 - 12:06
Rating: 8
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
I saw them live heard there stuff, I thought they sounded fuckin sick, I dont know? Maybe that's just me
07.04.2012 - 15:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
If your band is in any way similar to Venom, I'm for one most definitely not interested. Thanks for the warning.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.04.2012 - 16:09
knightlightning

The other day i listened to this on youtube... boring
07.04.2012 - 18:05
RavenKing

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2012 at 15:57

If your band is in any way similar to Venom, I'm for one most definitely not interested. Thanks for the warning.

Same here.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
07.04.2012 - 18:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by RavenKing on 07.04.2012 at 18:05

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2012 at 15:57

Same here.

And here another one.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.04.2012 - 18:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
*jumps on bandwagon heading away from Venom members*
07.04.2012 - 18:40
@gent_-_orange

Its a shame the town I come from's only real contribution to metal (apart from Brian Johnson and Debatebly Sky-clad) is Venom. A band derivative of Venom doesn't interest me at all.
07.04.2012 - 20:26
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Haha! good review but the meat of it was the first sentence didn't even get farther then that it was so rich with context.
----
Coldgrits
08.04.2012 - 17:44
theFIST

Amazing review
but why such a high score?????
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
09.04.2012 - 01:45
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Am I the only one who thinks that malt liquor screams class? Classy drink for classy people, who listen to shitty music.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
12.04.2012 - 22:47
.Nick

Awesome bandname

Hits total: 3778 | This month: 4