Metal Storm logo
Korn - Former Guitarist Brian "Head" Welch Forms New Band, New Song Online

On February 2012, Brian "Head" Welch, the former Korn guitarist, announced the formation of his new band named Love And Death. "Chemicals", a brand new song from the band, is now streaming online at this location. The song comes off their first EP with the same name, due out on April 24th.

Source: revolvermag.com
Band profile: Korn
Posted: 08.04.2012 by Sjuk

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 157 users
08.04.2012 - 13:33
Dylan
Sounds like shit
08.04.2012 - 15:31
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Hmmm, forming a new band that sounds exactly like your solo project?
08.04.2012 - 18:12
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Cool, a new Korn band. At least we have one now, considering the real Korn is now a Dub Step band...
08.04.2012 - 18:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by WorpeX on 08.04.2012 at 18:12
...the real Korn is now a Dub Step band...

No they aren't. They hopped on the dubstep bandwagon. Next year the hype from Skrillex will die out and trend-followers like Korn will look towards something else.

Maybe mainstream screamo will make a comeback with the MTV scene? Does anyone even remember Rise Against and Alexisonfire?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.04.2012 - 18:44
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2012 at 18:37
Maybe mainstream screamo will make a comeback with the MTV scene? Does anyone even remember Rise Against and Alexisonfire?

Rise Against are considered screamo? How exactly?

I think they're still quite popular, actually.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
08.04.2012 - 18:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by vezzy on 08.04.2012 at 18:44
Rise Against are considered screamo? How exactly?

Screamo is basically hardcore emo. And if I'm not mistaken, Rise Against are basically the posterboys for modern-day watered down screamo.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.04.2012 - 18:57
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2012 at 18:51

Screamo is basically hardcore emo. And if I'm not mistaken, Rise Against are basically the posterboys for modern-day watered down screamo.

Hmm, I didn't exactly delve into the etymology, but yeah, that sounds about right. They're still popular though.

This new band is lulzy, however.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
08.04.2012 - 20:02
Rupert
Ya this basically sounds like Korn and Orgy, Orgy being heavily influenced by Korn in the first place. But whatever, that's how he makes his shit and at least he's out doing something now rather than sulking about people not being Jesus-loving.
08.04.2012 - 21:04
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2012 at 18:37

...the real Korn is now a Dub Step band...

No they aren't. They hopped on the dubstep bandwagon. Next year the hype from Skrillex will die out and trend-followers like Korn will look towards something else.

... Rise Against

Oh definitely. I really like their new album though. Great poster mainstream waspish boys who are doing pretty good.. I think they gotta great future.
08.04.2012 - 21:08
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Korn is now a Dub Step band...

Kinda but they make a pretty good following fan out of those stupid videos they upload on youtube. It's pretty common to see a dub fucking step goats shit remix crap over streaming on youtube with the title "KORN'S NEW SONG ONLINE 2012" kinda shit.
08.04.2012 - 21:26
liveordie
To the ones that does not know anything at all, I will make this clear.
His solo project does not exist anymore, since it has become this new band. So it is the same band with the same members with a new name. That's it.
08.04.2012 - 23:22
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by liveordie on 08.04.2012 at 21:26

His solo project does not exist anymore, since it has become this new band. So it is the same band with the same members with a new name. That's it.

Now this makes a lot of sense, that should have been explained in the piece of news.
Thanks.
09.04.2012 - 00:49
liveordie
Written by Unhealer on 08.04.2012 at 23:22

Now this makes a lot of sense, that should have been explained in the piece of news.
Thanks.

Yes Unhealer, it is so. In fact the reason for this change of name is explained by Brian "Head" Welch himself:
"the name "Love and Death" symbolizes everything we've been through as a band over the last few years. We love this band so much and we'll go through hell to connect with our fans. Many people have confused my speaking dates and our band dates because they were both being booked as Brian Head Welch. I have wanted to use a band name for branding my music for a few years. Now with the new music coming out, its time to really separate the things I do. I want the music to be about music. I will still be doing public speaking under Brian Head Welch. I am happy that all the confusion will be over."
09.04.2012 - 03:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The song sounded like Korn crossed with Deadsy's vocals. I didn't know born again christians could make half decent alt metal hahaha
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.04.2012 - 05:20
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Big deal? i mean that's exactly what Chester( of Linkin Park) did, even Mike Shinoda went out to form a new rap group called Fort Minor and they still attached with their main band.
I think nu-Metal musicians do. not a great way to jump on wagon and called as "pretty breaking news kinda" thing.
09.04.2012 - 05:35
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
I don't hate it, gives me a feeling of nostalgia. But by the sound of that production, I don't think they are hurting in the financial department.
09.04.2012 - 13:44
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
It's a decent song. I won't be sitting at the edge of my seat for the release though.
15.04.2012 - 17:27
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Better than I had expected, but still a korn's copycat.
16.04.2012 - 03:28
SymphAlchemist
Great!!!

Hits total: 4703 | This month: 6