Metal Storm logo
Djent bands without the cliched harsh vox or whiney emo-ish singing?

09.04.2012 - 04:31
I am digging the instrumentation of bands like Tesseract and periphery, but the minute the vocals kick in I want to rage (not in a good way)
There are some bands that I can tolerate the vocals (Uneven structures, xerath and vildjahrta are the only ones so far) There are a few instrumental groups ive been following too (Chimp Spanner and group Ive come across called Omertah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Y6FOttybE&list=PL866F2095792187CC&index=1&feature=plcp)

any good bands out there that don't have a singer that just ruins the entire track?
09.04.2012 - 04:38
Edmund Fogg
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
09.04.2012 - 04:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Edmund Fogg on 09.04.2012 at 04:38
http://memoirsofficial.bandcamp.com/album/we-fall-apart-single

I listened to this earlier today and thought it was absolutely awful.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.04.2012 - 04:45
Edmund Fogg
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.04.2012 at 04:40

I listened to this earlier today and thought it was absolutely awful.

What? Blasphemy!! How can one have a different opinion on music then my own?!... Seriously I think it's great soothing prog music with a slight Djent bite to keep you on your toes.
----
09.04.2012 - 04:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Edmund Fogg on 09.04.2012 at 04:45
Djent

Oh shit, I just realized what kind of thread I wandered into. I saw your comment in the "new posts" and responded accordingly.

So. I'll back away slowly, turn around, and walk away now.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.04.2012 - 04:53
Memoirs was better than that first vid. imo
09.04.2012 - 04:59
Edmund Fogg
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.04.2012 at 04:48

So. I'll back away slowly, turn around, and walk away now.

No,no no... You've entered the wrong door and your not coming out until you bow down to the great Mesh.

DjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjentDjent
----
09.04.2012 - 05:03
Edmund Fogg
Written by chronic-headache on 09.04.2012 at 04:53

Memoirs was better than that first vid. imo

Really? I think they are succesfull in blending in more genres together, but I guess if its the vocals its kinda subjective. I don't hear the cliché in them.
----
09.04.2012 - 05:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Edmund Fogg on 09.04.2012 at 04:59
You've entered the wrong door and your not coming out until you bow down to the great Mesh.

Whenever I wander into a djent thread this is what I picture:

Also, I accidentally quoted the Bandcamp link when I meant to quote the Youtube video. I listened to OW earlier today and thought it was awful. Haven't even heard of the other band.
----
09.04.2012 - 05:13
Edmund Fogg
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.04.2012 at 05:04

I listened to OW earlier today and thought it was awful. Haven't even heard of the other band.

I can understand how safe it must sound for you, but I gotta say I like them a lot. Blending together elements of symphonic Metal Tech Death and Djent to create something not fully original, but something new and fun. Makes sense in my head.
----
09.04.2012 - 05:13
Branzig
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.04.2012 at 05:04

I as well, will be seeing myself out.

Thank you for the Exit Sir Troy.
----
In Grind We Crust
09.04.2012 - 17:58
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I believe you will enjoy Textures's latest. Also this band Animals As Leaders is instrumental, so no annoying vocals of any kind.
Personally I often find the lack of vocals in metal annoying. Not for the lack of vocals per se, but for the kind of focus the music takes when there are no vocals.
09.04.2012 - 21:55
Iriki
Cloudkicker is instrumental as well, sometimes even post-rockey.
10.04.2012 - 01:28
TrollandDie
This is a bit of a stretch but Decapitated's latest release has a fair few ''djentesque'' moments: enough for fans of the genre to enjoy.

It's not along the same lines of Periphery or Tesseract in terms of math metal but the vocals might be more to your fancy.

Also, Circles' vocals I thought were less whiney (although they take a *good while* to get use to) and would also benefit you much more.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
10.04.2012 - 08:56
Siegreicher
Awesome instrumental djent bands - Intervals, soul cycle, ForTiori, cloud kicker
10.04.2012 - 09:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Edmund Fogg on 09.04.2012 at 04:38

Ovid's Whitering

Memoirs

http://memoirsofficial.bandcamp.com/album/we-fall-apart-single

HELLLOOOOOOOO! *echoes*
GUITARRRSSSS!!! *more echoes*
ARE YOU SOMEWHERE DOWN THERE?

Seriously, I actually kind of like it, but good christ they could use some better mixing.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.04.2012 - 17:34
Olli
I'd never heard of Djent untill now, had to wikipedia it! Looking at the list of bands connected it and the songs posted here I don't think it would be my thing, though I like a bit of Meshuggah occasionally.

P.S are Gojira "Djent"? Honest question from someone trying to work out exactly what this genre is lol.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
10.04.2012 - 18:28
infernaldeath87
ANIMALS AS LEADERS
10.04.2012 - 18:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Olli on 10.04.2012 at 17:34
P.S are Gojira "Djent"? Honest question from someone trying to work out exactly what this genre is lol.

Nope. More like progressive death with some thrash influences.
----
10.04.2012 - 18:53
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Olli on 10.04.2012 at 17:34

In my honest opinion, not at all.
If you are asking for the similarities with Shuggah, bear in mind that they helped to coin and develop the genre but they are not really part of it.
13.04.2012 - 00:32
Just got Chimpspanners' All ROads End here, Uneven Structures Februus, and Vildjhartas' MAsstaden in the mai. todayl. I'll post my reactions to them when I hear them all and let them digest. Almost done blasting chimpspanner right now and im liking what I hear.
18.08.2013 - 23:47
NadinePophal
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uZcW7G5o6g8#at=1083
Polyphia