06. Winged Priestess
07. The Last Supper
08. Birth's End
09. Defuncts
10. Lantern

Staff review by
BitterCOld
Rating:
Tolling 13 Knell by the snazzy dressed Italian avant black death metallers Mortuary Drape is a bit of an oddity.

The album, recently reissued by Peaceville, was initially let loose upon the world (cue Conan O'Brien's old schtick) in the year two thousand. I'd never heard of them before (and judging by the fact none of their releases have double-digit votes on MS, not many of y'all have either) but the cover looks a bit silly, and it seems a good chunk of the bands Peaceville has been re-releasing have been also-rans that were ok, but pale compared to their corpse-paint paled Norse brethren.

Read more ››
published 20.06.2013 | Comments (0)

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 48 users
11.04.2012 - 12:31
Vombatus
Potorro
Listened to this after like 3 years.... forgot how awesome it was.

Italy truly has some awesome BM.
12.06.2013 - 10:16
Rating: 8
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Vombatus on 11.04.2012 at 12:31

Listened to this after like 3 years.... forgot how awesome it was.

Italy truly has some awesome BM.

i just got it today courtesy of Peaceville... outside of Darkthrone most the re-releases they have sent me have been "meh" to good. This one, at least on first listen through, is enjoyable and varied.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.06.2013 - 01:39
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by BitterCOld on 12.06.2013 at 10:16

i just got it today courtesy of Peaceville... outside of Darkthrone most the re-releases they have sent me have been "meh" to good. This one, at least on first listen through, is enjoyable and varied.

Hmmm that's nice. Had a question if it ain't asking too much info.... but the album you get courtesy of discogs, are they most of time only new releases/re-issues ? And how much on average (monthly/year) ?

Sounds pretty awesome to get free albums...
13.06.2013 - 02:16
Rating: 8
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Vombatus on 13.06.2013 at 01:39

Hmmm that's nice. Had a question if it ain't asking too much info.... but the album you get courtesy of discogs, are they most of time only new releases/re-issues ? And how much on average (monthly/year) ?

Sounds pretty awesome to get free albums...

i did 44 reviews last year, plus another 6 in a Reissue Rodeo bit. Of all that, three releases I reviewed solely by choice/buying the album myself -Slapshot, Torche, Marduk, and a couple more were releases Marcel bounced my way courtesy of his doom buddies - FAAL, Profetus.

The rest were all sent to me either by bands or labels.

Solitude, LADLO and bands generally send me new stuff, while Peaceville has mostly been re-issues.

On one hand, it is a sweet deal, I get lots of great tunes and occasionally a DVD.

On the other, for every FAAL or Process of Guilt, there are some mediocre albums I have to listen to and pound out words describing. Even with types of music I like it can get old having to listen to numerous similar sounding good but nondescript albums. When it's roughly an album every 7-10 days, it can get old when there is other stuff you want to check out.

Not trying to come off as whiny or anything, just calling it as i hear it.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.06.2013 - 03:00
Vombatus
Potorro
Thanks for the info ! Looks like a good deal, I'd do that me thinks... but definitely can see how sometimes it can be some sort of burden.

Hits total: 3520 | This month: 19