Metal Storm logo
Guns N' Roses - Axl Rose Rejects Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction (Update)

Guns N' Roses' Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony takes place this Saturday in Cleveland, but Axl Rose won't be attending it. In an open letter posted on GN'R's Facebook page, Axl Rose said that not only will he not attend the ceremony, but he turned down his induction altogether.

He wrote: "The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern, when the nominations for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame were first announced I had mixed emotions but, in an effort to be positive, wanting to make the most of things for the fans and with their enthusiasm, I was honored, excited and hoped that somehow this would be a good thing. Of course I realized as things stood, if Guns N' Roses were to be inducted it'd be somewhat of a complicated or awkward situation."

"I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of 'Guns N' Roses'."

"In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed."

Green Day will induct GNR into the Hall. Other 80's/90's stars in attendance, as 2012 Hall inductees, will include the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Beastie Boys.

UPDATE: Axl Rose has written another letter to fans explaining his decision to not attend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony and apologizing to the city of Cleveland for the snub. The group performed with Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy, and the Cleveland crowd booed every time Axl's name was mentioned during the ceremony.

Full letter: To: Cleveland, Ohio, Guns N' Roses Fans and everyone who's shown support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

I seriously didn't plan on or expect the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled, blown away and unbelievably relieved! To be honest, I thought it would go the other way and was just hoping to weather the storm. As I said, I sincerely didn't want to disappoint anyone. It gets old being the outlaw even if "it's only rock and roll".

It took a lot of focus and soul searching to be sincere and informative while making a genuine effort to be somewhat diplomatic. We made, what I feel, are real efforts to learn about the Hall and the Board, spoke as I said with the president and various members, and though I inducted Elton John and Bernie Taupin in '94 saying something to the effect of "I'm learning what the Hall's about..."

I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially "rock" enough to be in the Hall? This isn't an attack. These are genuine issues I don't have enough verified information on to have more than rough ideas. Certainly not enough information to make any judgments about.

I would like to apologize to Cleveland, Ohio for not apologizing to them beforehand for not attending [the ceremony] in their city. I think they know how much I genuinely love performing there. Cleveland does in fact Rock!

Now that the smoke's cleared a little, any desperate, misguided attacks have been just that, a pathetic stab at gossip, some lame vindictiveness, the usual entitlement crap, he's obsessed, crazy, volatile, a hater. I once bought a homeless woman a slice of pizza who yelled at me she wanted soup. We got her the soup. You can get your own.

Again: Huge thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon! Keep Rockin', Axl

Unlike my open letter to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern this was written for GNR's official website, Facebook account and my personal twitter account and not intended as a press release. If anyone does choose to pick this up as has been done previously I'd appreciate if you'd run in full including this paragraph so as not to give a partial picture, have things taken out of context or to imply or inadvertently give the impression this was intended for other outlets.

Source: gunsnroses.com
Band profile: Guns N' Roses
Posted: 20.04.2012 by LeChron James

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 37   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 378 users
13.04.2012 - 14:24
Svneatr
Vitharr
Wonder what the exhibit is going to say...

"Guns N Roses was formed when guitarist, Slash, met the singer named HTTP: 404 - File Not Found (The page you are looking for might have been removed, had it's name changed, or is temporarily unavailiable)."
13.04.2012 - 14:38
arwestromen

Written by Svneatr on 13.04.2012 at 14:24

"Guns N Roses was formed when guitarist, Slash, met the singer named HTTP: 404 - File Not Found (The page you are looking for might have been removed, had it's name changed, or is temporarily unavailiable)."

hehe good one
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
13.04.2012 - 15:01
BudDa

Written by Svneatr on 13.04.2012 at 14:24

Hahaha..

He didn't though say why he is refusing to be inducted!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
13.04.2012 - 15:43
The Benighted

Axl Rose being a dick? Why I never!
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
13.04.2012 - 16:45
Scuzzy McDouche

Axl Rose is a major dick, there's no doubt about that, but the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a fucking joke. Eddie Trunk's fan-made shirt on an episode of That Metal Show said it best, it should be called the Rock and Roll Hall of SHAME and DISGRACE. I mean, consider all of the legendary bands that haven't been inducted yet like Iron Maiden, Rush, Judas Priest, and Deep Purple just to name a few. Seriously, go look at who they are inducting this year instead - http://rockhall.com/inductees

WTF?
13.04.2012 - 16:53
Lanthros

Axel is allways the worlds biggest ass. A very untallented one.

On a side note water pistols and posies was actually formed when axel met traci gunns.
13.04.2012 - 17:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by The Benighted on 13.04.2012 at 15:43

Axl Rose being a dick? Why I never!

Nothing dick-ish about turning down an induction to that travesty. Most sensible thing he's done in years.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.04.2012 - 17:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Doc G. on 13.04.2012 at 17:37
Most sensible thing he's done in years.

Agreed. This is actually quite a lucid decision. I'm looking forward to seeing what he follows this up with...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.04.2012 - 18:11
Lit.
Account deleted
Can you blame him?
13.04.2012 - 18:36
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Haha I can see this spirialing out of control.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
13.04.2012 - 21:09
btbamfan20

Ha what a douche, just ruined GnR chance of ever getting in the HoF if axel ups and dies one day... what a dumbass, i think anyone would be honored to be a part of that prestigious list but noooooo not the most amaaazing human being in existence!! :/
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
13.04.2012 - 22:48
Robstar

What a dick! I don't know in which fucking world is this guy living... He has earned most of metal heads hate throughout all these years. Fuck Axl Roses!
----
Nothing is unreacheable
14.04.2012 - 00:00
exomorphyx89

"Appetite for Destruction" was one of the first albums added to my collection more than 20 years ago; however, Axl has spoken so much shit through the years and as of this date he deserves the privilege of sucking my balls.
----
"Bang you head against the stage and metal takes its place..."
14.04.2012 - 00:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by btbamfan20 on 13.04.2012 at 21:09

Ha what a douche, just ruined GnR chance of ever getting in the HoF if axel ups and dies one day... what a dumbass, i think anyone would be honored to be a part of that prestigious list but noooooo not the most amaaazing human being in existence!! :/

Honored? Prestigious?...Sarcasm?
----
- George Carlin
14.04.2012 - 01:11
TrollandDie

Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.04.2012 at 17:38

Agreed. This is actually quite a lucid decision. I'm looking forward to seeing what he follows this up with...

Only logical step forward is that him and Dave Mustaine collaborate on a CD, in which funds go straight torwards' rocket fuel for their egos.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
14.04.2012 - 01:50
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by TrollandDie on 14.04.2012 at 01:11

Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.04.2012 at 17:38

Only logical step forward is that him and Dave Mustaine collaborate on a CD, in which funds go straight torwards' rocket fuel for their egos.

I'd buy it.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.04.2012 - 04:05
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 13.04.2012 at 16:45

I mean, consider all of the legendary bands that haven't been inducted yet like Iron Maiden, Rush, Judas Priest, and Deep Purple just to name a few.

WTF?

English, Canadian, English and English. If they were American, however...
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
14.04.2012 - 04:09
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Lanthros on 13.04.2012 at 16:53

On a side note water pistols and posies was actually formed when axel met traci gunns.

Yeah. Guns N Roses was originally an amalgamation of LA Guns and Hollywood Rose (Izzy Stradlin' was the other Rose member in the original lineup). Slash, Duff and Adler joined because LA Guns reformed after a couple of shows. Do any recordins exist of the original lineup?
----
14.04.2012 - 06:35
Mad Mike

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: It should be renamed "The Rolling Stone Magazine Hall of Fame".

This is the wisest thing Axl has done in 20 years.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
14.04.2012 - 06:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I can't believe anyone here honestly thinks that Axl is turning down the induction for any other reason than that he isn't getting his own way. Think about it... Only the Appetite and Use Your Illusion lineups are being recognised by the hall. The band as it was then, is something that Axl wants nothing to do with, not to mention that he basically sees himself as "Guns n' Roses".

Although I view the R&RHOF as a sham organisation, I do not for one moment believe that Axl views it in the same way. I very much doubt his motives for turning it down were in any way honourable. More likely just another example of him having a childish tantrum.
14.04.2012 - 07:15
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor

Worlds biggest ass, yes but definitely talented. he has an exceptional voice, its very raw but so is RnR.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
14.04.2012 - 09:16
Big-Al

Well good for him?

shame he won't say why, but good for him.
----

I drink moosepiss
17.04.2012 - 00:28
Symmachus

If I were put in this situation, I would probably do close to the same thing. This is an effective way of "sticking it to the man" I believe, because the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is redundant and does not represent a realistic or honorable way of appreciating music.
19.04.2012 - 03:31
bran

Good for him.
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
19.04.2012 - 13:19
Lanthros

Written by AngelofDeth on 14.04.2012 at 07:15

Worlds biggest ass, yes but definitely talented. he has an exceptional voice, its very raw but so is RnR.

tell you what.... Ill meet you half way. Some of his lyrics are good but in all honesty every time I hear his voice I can see my hands around his throat squeezing untill his head pops off. To each thier own but yeah I just plain hate the bitch allways have.
19.04.2012 - 20:53
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Lanthros on 19.04.2012 at 13:19

tell you what.... Ill meet you half way. Some of his lyrics are good but in all honesty every time I hear his voice I can see my hands around his throat squeezing untill his head pops off. To each thier own but yeah I just plain hate the bitch allways have.

hahaha thats understandable..
----
pewpew.. gotcha
20.04.2012 - 12:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Even the update on the reason he rejected the nomination seems pretty lucid. The world is a strange place when Axl is being rational.
----
- George Carlin
20.04.2012 - 12:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Doc G. on 20.04.2012 at 12:41

Even the update on the reason he rejected the nomination seems pretty lucid. The world is a strange place when Axl is being rational.

I say he is on drugs.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.04.2012 - 13:50
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by BloodTears on 20.04.2012 at 12:47

Written by Doc G. on 20.04.2012 at 12:41

I say he is on drugs.

You mean he switched drugs.
----
20.04.2012 - 17:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
The Rock&Roll Hall of Fame is bullshit, but as Angelic said a few posts above, he's probably rejecting this just because they only recognize the original line-up as being the "real" Guns n Roses.

This does not affect me in any way, I don't really care as the current GnR is pretty good live and I know it's going to be a few years until they re-unite (cuz let's face it, the call of the almighty dollar will be too much to handle at one point).

Hits total: 6094 | This month: 3