Metal Storm logo
Nile - Cancel Indian Tour Dates Due To Visa Issues

US death metallers Nile have announced that they had to cancel the band's previously announced shows in India due to issues with their visas.

The band explained: "We are extremely sad to inform this to our fans in India that our Tour of India has been called off as the visas for 3 of the members were refused today by the Indian Embassy in Washington D.C. 2 people in the travel party were granted the visas in Houston and in Athens, but the rest were not - for reasons that none of us know. The Indian embassy has not cited any reasons for rejection of the visas. It was and is beyond the control of the band, either of the promoters or the artist management. We did all we could to make this happen and tried working on getting the 3 visas for almost a month!"

"The promoters - Dream Rigs Entertainment (Delhi) and Obliquity India, Lanyard Entertainment and ARK Events (Bangalore) want all fans to know who have booked tickets 'online' that they shall be refunded in full by the respective ticketing companies for Delhi and Bangalore concerts. But this is not the end and all of us are going to try to get Nile back to India."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nile
Posted: 23.04.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 106 users
23.04.2012 - 13:05
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Totally unrelated, but have Nile ever played in Egypt?
----
23.04.2012 - 13:06
Dylan
@Nosurper, i don't believe they have.
23.04.2012 - 13:08
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Bummer
----
23.04.2012 - 14:40
HaaskAksaaH
Written by Nosurper on 23.04.2012 at 13:05

Totally unrelated, but have Nile ever played in Egypt?

Whats your idea about some shows in Iran ?!
23.04.2012 - 14:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Visa issues will always be a beef(Indian) in India.
23.04.2012 - 15:10
SSM
Massacred
Visas... limitations of modern age.
23.04.2012 - 15:44
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Last week I saw the Meshuggah/Koloss bonus DVD from their Indian tour and they also mentioned that it was really hard to get in there, I wonder why.
23.04.2012 - 18:00
Lit 2.0
Account deleted
Written by Dylan on 23.04.2012 at 13:06

@Nosurper, i don't believe they have.

Oh, the irony.
23.04.2012 - 22:24
Melkor
Was so looking forward to this...so disappointed...shit like this happens in india only...:(
24.04.2012 - 07:28
nb
WTF? They deny the visa to an established musician? It does not get any more stupid than that.
24.04.2012 - 07:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by nb on 24.04.2012 at 07:28
WTF? They deny the visa to an established musician? It does not get any more stupid than that.

You're acting as if this is some new phenomenon. :/

Besides, it's Nile. Not Lady Gaga. They're established within the metal scene, sure. But it's not like they're Grammy-winning millionaire chart-topping pop artists.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.04.2012 - 12:06
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.04.2012 at 07:56
Written by nb on 24.04.2012 at 07:28
You're acting as if this is some new phenomenon. :/

Besides, it's Nile. Not Lady Gaga. They're established within the metal scene, sure. But it's not like they're Grammy-winning millionaire chart-topping pop artists.
Um..? Such well-known whores have been stopped by officials from performing, if not in India, at least in Malaysia/Indonesia. I was originally going to charge into this topic to say that bands should stop being too careless to get this shit sorted before announcing / confirming the shows, but... "almost a month"? Guess that's not the case here

edit - I first put "annoying" instead of "announcing". Funny how some things work out
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
24.04.2012 - 12:12
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Melkor on 23.04.2012 at 22:24
Was so looking forward to this...so disappointed...shit like this happens in india only...:(
Nope... search the news for "south africa" "american" "mexican" or... I could go on but I think I've made my point
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
24.04.2012 - 15:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Syk on 24.04.2012 at 12:06
Um..? Such well-known whores have been stopped by officials from performing, if not in India, at least in Malaysia/Indonesia.

That part about Gaga had nothing to do with visa-related activity, I was just pointing out that Nile aren't exactly some big-name project known across the world with a slew of mainstream awards and such under their belt. I know if the visa doesn't check out then you aren't going anywhere, regardless of your celebrity status.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 2597 | This month: 4