Metal Storm logo
Jorn - To Release New Album This Summer

Heavy metal veteran Jørn Lande will release this summer a brand new album due out in stores on June 1st in Europe and June 5th in North America. Jorn's upcoming album will be entitled Bring Heavy Rock To The Land and will be released via Frontiers Records. A sample from the song "Bring Heavy Rock To The Land" is available for streaming here.

Official press release:

Following a three year silence since the release of Spirit Black, Jorn unleashes upon the world yet another original studio album Bring Heavy Rock To The Land: another slab of classic Hard Rock with Metal elements! "I think this album follows a similar Jorn-tradition like those before, more Heavy Rock oriented than Metal", says Jorn. "But as usual it's not one musical expression all the way through the album, but a variety of musical landscapes within the categories of Rock and Metal".

A winning formula should not change, so Jorn has again worked with Tommy Hansen at Jailhouse Studios in Denmark, who mixed the album, ensuring the right edge to the rich guitar and vocal sound that is now trademark to all Jorn releases. The lineup sees the return of Jimmy Iversen on guitar who also appeared on Spirit Black. The pairing with Tore Moren works really well and gives Jorn's sound the usual depth and solidity.

As usual, in addition to the original material, Jorn offers some interesting covers. This time Masterplan's "Time To Be King" and Christopher Cross' "Ride Like The Wind" are the ones to get the Jorn treatment. "When we wrote 'Time To Be King' I heard a different and more rock oriented arrangement in my mind", tells Jorn, "so after the Masterplan album was released I couldn't stop thinking about how it would sound if it was recorded with this other arrangement. I don't know which one's better, I have ended up liking both versions. As to Christopher Cross, I have always loved "West Coast" oriented music and bands like 10cc, Pages, Santana, Little River Band, Eagles and so on. So I thought "Ride Like The Wind" would be a good song to do Jorn style. Saxon also released a version of this song in the 80's, and the arrangement we made ended up beeing a mix between the original version and Saxon's. It's also a fun song to sing and play".

"If you buy a Jorn album today, you know what you will get", states Jørn Lande. You are guaranteed to get your adrenaline going with the riveting sound that has solid roots in classic hard rock/heavy metal music, such as Dio, Black Sabbath, Rainbow and Whitesnake. Bring Heavy Rock To The Land will include the following songs: My Road; Bring Heavy Rock To The Land; A Thousand Cuts; Ride Like The Wind; Chains Around You; The World I See; Time To Be King; Ride To The Guns; Black Morning; I Came To Rock; Live And Let Fly (bonus track).

The title track "Bring Heavy Rock To The Land" will be released as a single worldwide on May 14th and can be exclusively listened to in streaming on the Frontiers Records webradio. A videoclip for the song is in the works and will be directed by Thomas Tjäder (Pretty Maids, In Flames).

According to Jørn: "The title track has really a strong Jorn trademark. It was a natural choice for a title track, I felt the same about "Lonely Are The Brave" back in 2008. Sometimes one song's got the magic and you just know it. "Bring Heavy Rock To The Land" is such a song and regardless of how the whole album is evaluated by critics, I feel that this song will live on and become an essential Jorn classic!"

Source: frontiers.it
Band profile: Jorn
Posted: 23.04.2012 by kual21

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 31 users
23.04.2012 - 18:37
Milena
gloom cookie
*awaiting Lyrinan to post too*
I like this guy. I like every album he sang on, in Ark and Masterplan and in Allen/Lande, I have no doubts I'll like his solo stuff too.
----
7.0 means the album is good
24.04.2012 - 00:19
Druss

Tbh, I'm not a fan of a lot of the songwriting in his solo career and in Allen/Lande, but at least in the former I can still like the majority thanks to his awesome voice, and there's always some songs off each album I thoroughly enjoy. I hope this album continues in that vein for me. Looking forward to it
24.04.2012 - 02:11
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I find it amusing that this album includes a song called "Time to be King" after just releasing a Masterplan album of the same title.
25.04.2012 - 07:38
bazinko

Written by WorpeX on 24.04.2012 at 02:11

I find it amusing that this album includes a song called "Time to be King" after just releasing a Masterplan album of the same title.

It's actually a re-recording of that song! As Jorn states: "When we wrote 'Time To Be King' I heard a different and more rock oriented arrangement in my mind, so after the Masterplan album was released I couldn't stop thinking about how it would sound if it was recorded with this other arrangement. I don't know which one's better, I have ended up liking both versions."

Hits total: 2567 | This month: 5