Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica - New Video Online

"I Have A Right", the brand new video from Finnish power metal band Sonata Arctica has premiered and is now available for viewing below. It was directed by Tuukka Temonen. The song, also available for streaming and download at this location, is taken from their upcoming album Stones Grow Her Name, out on May 18th in Europe and May 22nd in North America through Nuclear Blast. More album details here.

Source: sonataarctica.info
Band profile: Sonata Arctica
Posted: 23.04.2012 by *!*

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 43   Visited by: 215 users
23.04.2012 - 20:56
AljanahLyra
Love this song. Eagerly awaiting the album =)
----
"I'm not going to fuck you Carmilla, I'm too pissed off."
~Godbrand, Castlevania~
23.04.2012 - 21:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How can it be metal -..... its pop music
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.04.2012 - 21:07
Baz Anderson
staff
I hope it'll grow on me...
23.04.2012 - 21:12
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
The most un-metal thing I've ever seen Oh well. Waiting for the album.
----
7.0 means the album is good
23.04.2012 - 21:24
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
What the hell... And I have the right to not listen to this.
23.04.2012 - 21:27
Thrashette
Disappointed
I still have my hopes up for the album though....
23.04.2012 - 21:36
TalKoren
Sadly, but Tony stopped to thrill and touch me with his vocals. The song should be touching, the lyrics tell a sad story, speak of important matter... and yet it does me nothing (for an example Letters To Dana or Replica touches me.)
I don't know, either it's because he/the band/the songs lost some drive or it's just because Sonata was one of the 1st metal bands I started to listen, and now when I know a wast variety of singers, Tony just looses greatly to others.
Hopefully, the album in general will be good, and will be a strong come back album...
23.04.2012 - 21:43
Carloz
If I can't tell if it's Rihanna or Tony Kakko, then it seems something's wrong. The song very boringly tries to reach the 4-minute mark at the end. Where are the guys who wrote Dream Thieves? Sonata Arctica, please do the noble thing!
23.04.2012 - 22:26
Stabby
Account deleted

April Fool's day was weeks ago, guys. Does Finland have a different calender or something?

Some parts of the song are kind of beautiful, but this isn't a song I wanted to listen to.
23.04.2012 - 23:47
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Yeah, "pretty song" for a campaign for freedom, but terrible as a single taken from a Metal (?) album...
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
24.04.2012 - 00:34
strade
I don't really see what people are so surprised by. This hasn't been an actual metal band since Reckoning Night, so...

Even I thought it was decent pop music. Wow, I must be losing my grip.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
24.04.2012 - 00:42
enumaelis
Might be pop or not... but this is probably one of the worst songs Sonata ever wrote :
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
24.04.2012 - 01:05
It's a pretty song. That's the best I think could be said about it. The melody, lyrics, and tone pretty much match their mood in their past couple albums, so I'm not surprised at all.

Yet, with that said, I still kinda like it!
24.04.2012 - 01:18
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Not bad, but just a tad repetitive. Still looking forward to the album.
24.04.2012 - 01:39
Written by Carl Berg on 23.04.2012 at 21:24

What the hell... And I have the right to not listen to this.

Hahahahaha exactly what i was thinking when this came up in the news
24.04.2012 - 02:09
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I love Sonata Arctica

But I hate this song.
24.04.2012 - 02:35
EW
I hate this song too. Makes me feel nothing listening to it.
24.04.2012 - 04:01
Stabby
Account deleted
I feel like I have to save MetalStorm from this atrocity.

All in a day's work
24.04.2012 - 05:48
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Meh ...
24.04.2012 - 07:06
Ahto
So lame
24.04.2012 - 13:06
wrathchild
staff
They played that thing at the PPM fest... so lame, I could hardly believe my ears.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
24.04.2012 - 15:18
Constantine
Thanks for Wolf and Raven video. I'd better not comment on this new "song".
24.04.2012 - 15:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Constantine on 24.04.2012 at 15:18
I'd better not comment on this new "song".

I'd better not quote you either.

Oh wait.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.04.2012 - 22:22
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by Guest on 24.04.2012 at 04:01

Wolf & Raven

Am I the only SA fan in the world that really hates this song?
----
24.04.2012 - 22:28
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by strade on 24.04.2012 at 00:34

This hasn't been an actual metal band since Reckoning Night, so...

You sure? Not anything from Unia? Or some stuff from the latest? I'm not being a douche, I'm just curious, a lot of people say it's awful but I haven't come across with "non-metal" yet.

As for everyone else... dudes, it's a single. And the bigger Sonata gets, the more confusing their singles will be, they're on Nuclear Blast after all. Neither Paid In Full nor Flag In The Ground weren't exactly in tone with the rest of their respective albums. I have 6 years of experience, trust me on this one whether the album turns out good or bad*, it won't sound like I Have A Right.

*50% of chance for either, but I still think it's gonna be good, since 2012 ain't gonna screw me over with albums I'm particularly expecting like 2011 did.
----
24.04.2012 - 23:02
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 24.04.2012 at 22:22

Written by Guest on 24.04.2012 at 04:01

Wolf & Raven

Am I the only SA fan in the world that really hates this song?

It can get tiresome after a couple of listens. But I hadn't heard it in months, and it was the first of their videos I thought of. Don't Say A Word may have been a better choice for a badass Sonata music video. But any of their videos, including Flag In The Ground would have been better than this.

I never thought I would say that about Flag In The Ground!
24.04.2012 - 23:04
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by Guest on 24.04.2012 at 23:02

Flag In The Ground would have been a perfect video if not for some... details
As for DSAW, it's an awesome song, perhaps the best Caleb-quadrilogy (the fuck? is that a word? you know what I meant anyway) song, but the video is really... mom's basement. And Henkka looks like he's fuckin' drunk in that video. Knowing him, it MIGHT have been the case though.
----
24.04.2012 - 23:17
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 24.04.2012 at 23:04

Written by Guest on 24.04.2012 at 23:02

Flag In The Ground would have been a perfect video if not for some... details
As for DSAW, it's an awesome song, perhaps the best Caleb-quadrilogy (the fuck? is that a word? you know what I meant anyway) song, but the video is really... mom's basement. And Henkka looks like he's fuckin' drunk in that video. Knowing him, it MIGHT have been the case though.

Haha you're right, especially during the solo. He looks like he's on something more than alcohol

For some reason I rarely pay attention to power metal music videos. I think that watching Rhapsody's scarred me for life or something and that ruined it for the others.
24.04.2012 - 23:26
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by Guest on 24.04.2012 at 23:17

He looks like he's on something more than alcohol

For some reason I rarely pay attention to power metal music videos. I think that watching Rhapsody's scarred me for life or something and that ruined it for the others.

Nah, that's not Henkka. I don't *really* believe he'd show up drunk to a video shoot, that's pretty... Slash. Maybe he was just bored out of his ass and hateful.
I used to believe he was constantly bored while playing onstage and then I watched Live In Finland, and during Juliet it stroke me - he's enjoying every minute of it, but he's one of the people that have a permanent bitchface on. We all know these people.

UGH, videos. Most of my favorite bands are too small to shoot vids at all, and some of my larger bands, well... Symphony X's vids from 2007 were pretty horrible, for example. And DT in 2011... what was LaBrie thinking when he showed up all "Men In Black" to shoot "On The Backs Of Angels"? he can pull off a lot of ridiculous things, but those sunglasses

Please give me the link to that Rhapsody video that scarred you for life so I can be scarred together with you. Empathy and stuff.
----
24.04.2012 - 23:59
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 24.04.2012 at 23:26

Written by Guest on 24.04.2012 at 23:17

He looks like he's on something more than alcohol

Nah, that's not Henkka. I don't *really* believe he'd show up drunk to a video shoot, that's pretty... Slash. Maybe he was just bored out of his ass and hateful.
I used to believe he was constantly bored while playing onstage and then I watched Live In Finland, and during Juliet it stroke me - he's enjoying every minute of it, but he's one of the people that have a permanent bitchface on. We all know these people.

UGH, videos. Most of my favorite bands are too small to shoot vids at all, and some of my larger bands, well... Symphony X's vids from 2007 were pretty horrible, for example. And DT in 2011... what was LaBrie thinking when he showed up all "Men In Black" to shoot "On The Backs Of Angels"? he can pull off a lot of ridiculous things, but those sunglasses

Please give me the link to that Rhapsody video that scarred you for life so I can be scarred together with you. Empathy and stuff.

Yeah he just looks like it, I don't actually think he was high. I looked like that throughout my teenage years!

I just realized that I had never seen a Dream Theater music video. I just watched ATBOA and I totally agree, it was actually pretty good, and then he comes in with the shades and extreme close-ups, and now I can't take it seriously! Also the one for Lie. Wtf. Gonna watch the others now. Dream Theater is a band that could have really great music videos, I would especially want to see one with heavy imagery for Voices. Just keep the James Labrie shades and close-ups to a minimum, heh.

All Rhapsody videos have scarred me, but some more than others. Reign Of A Thousand Flames is the cheesiest crap ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRQ6thP8D0w Unholy Warcry is mostly scenery, Christopher Lee sullying his good name by appearing in Rhapsody Videos, and photos of Luca's cheesy solo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLe1G7WBNkE&feature=related Their others suck but suck in a neutral way. And remember, they can't be unseen.

Ditto on the Set The World On Fire video. What are these guys thinking? Oh well, I have made peace with this. Except for Rhapsody. *shudders*

Hits total: 4324 | This month: 10