Metal Storm logo
Gigantour 2

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 18.05.2006 - 20:49
Ok, so last summers Gigantour was one of the best things to happen to Metal in a long time. Here we have Megadeth, Dream Theater, Anthrax, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Nevermore, Fear Factory, Symphony X, Life Of Agony, Dry Kill Logic, and Bobaflex teaming up for six weeks. The brain child of Dave Mustaine, this was a festival built to rival Ozzfest. Mustaine wanted to group together talented bands, that all have possitive outlooks, and tour. Also, the goal of having a diverse show was a goal. In the end, it was one of the most impressive festivals in America in a long time. The tour comes after a break from Megadeth's last tour in support of their latest offering, The System Has Failed, and coincides with the release of Dream Theater's Octavarium.

Now the question is, will there be a second one? Talks are in the air of it coming late summer 2006. Who will it contain? I have heard that DragonForce and Arch Enemy may be joining.

Thoughts?
07.07.2006 - 05:35
MetalSpider
Quote:
Forum Member
I have been following this pretty closely, so here's all I know:

In a special fan-club only chat, Mustaine said:

- Opeth would make a great addition to G2 (hint!)
- Will be 9 bands, two stages, a main and a second.
- No Testament.
- No Iced Earth because he doesn't feel Jon would ever tour with 'Deth.
- Said something along the lines of "Kreator being looked at if all works out", so maybe they're trying to get them.
- There will be at least one power metal band (Dragonforce maybe, and I've also heard ramblings of Cellador)

Other tidbits:

- Overkill pretty much confirmed. You can find this out on my myspace (http://www.myspace.com/mccrary), and scrolling through my comments. They left me one in response to a message I left inquiring about their touring plans. It says, "G2 is lookin' good, but still in the works!" So there you go, unless something happens, Overkill will be on G2.
- In a recent interview easily found online, Gary Holt said, "We have big plans around September/October, but I've been sworn to secrecy." Given that Exodus and Megadeth were touring buddies in 2004, this looks to be a good bet. Take it for what it's worth.
- Someone from Arch Enemy did come out and say they would be on the mainstage, wether it was Amott or Angela, I'm not sure.
- Anthrax was rumored due to Dave and Co. really enjoying their last few dates on last year's Gigantour.

So, the projected lineup for all of this so far, is:

Megadeth
Opeth
Anthrax(possibly)
Overkill
Exodus
Sevendust
Arch Enemy
Kreator (possibly)
*power metal band*

This was posted on another forum that I post at. Not sure what forum this message came from, but here it is.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
07.07.2006 - 08:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Sweet, thanks for the info. Why the hell is Sevendust on? It looked like a great lineup until I saw them.
08.07.2006 - 01:09
MetalSpider
Well the list isnt official...but im guessing these are the bands that look very likely. Yeah Sevendust sucks! BOO! lol.

Oh and I think Kamelot might be the power metal band. Assuming the tour starts after october.
----

09.07.2006 - 05:30
Daru Jericho
Megadeth's dummer Shawn Drover said that that isn't the lineup and when he saw that it was laughable. It's on the official Megadeth forums somewhere.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

09.07.2006 - 05:58
Soliloquy
Written by MetalSpider on 08.07.2006 at 01:09

Well the list isnt official...but im guessing these are the bands that look very likely. Yeah Sevendust sucks! BOO! lol.

Oh and I think Kamelot might be the power metal band. Assuming the tour starts after october.

it wont be Kamelot coz i believe they are going on a world tour with Epica in late september and october or soemthing...

man, its funny to see how people are going insane, and all fanatical after this. if it will happen, you will hear about it. no need to scratch the walls to find tad bit of info, or randomness
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
09.07.2006 - 06:41
Endoftherainbow
Gigantour this year is getting alot of hype because their not saying anything about it so if it does happen it will do alot better then it did last year I think but if they just went out there and told people about it and adverstised a little instead of using complete word of mouth they'd get alot more people out to it.
09.07.2006 - 07:04
MetalSpider
Written by Soliloquy on 09.07.2006 at 05:58

Written by MetalSpider on 08.07.2006 at 01:09

it wont be Kamelot coz i believe they are going on a world tour with Epica in late september and october or soemthing...

man, its funny to see how people are going insane, and all fanatical after this. if it will happen, you will hear about it. no need to scratch the walls to find tad bit of info, or randomness

Yeah I just noticed Kamelot is doubtful.

Well, I personally am not going insane over it. I just found this bit of information interesting. You are right...when it happens, then it will happen.
----

13.07.2006 - 02:00
Endoftherainbow
A message has just been made that info will be released on the 24th of July about bands and cities.
23.07.2006 - 09:46
Endoftherainbow
Gigantour 2 Lineup announced and I'm kinda disapointed it doesn't live up to last year. So far the lineup is:
Megadeth
Lamb of God
Opeth
Arch Enemy
Overkill
Into Eternity
and a bunch of shitty bands with more bands to be announced still come Monday.
23.07.2006 - 21:17
MetalSpider
Definitely not as good as last years...which I missed

but still not bad. Better than Ozzfest thats for sure...then again Ozzfest isnt really a metal fest...more of a core fest with 2-3 metal bands.
----

23.07.2006 - 21:19
Mordack
Account deleted
Written by Endoftherainbow on 23.07.2006 at 09:46

Gigantour 2 Lineup announced and I'm kinda disapointed it doesn't live up to last year. So far the lineup is:
Megadeth
Lamb of God
Opeth
Arch Enemy
Overkill
Into Eternity
and a bunch of shitty bands with more bands to be announced still come Monday.

Considering only a few have been announced so far, that's a great line up. Megadeth, Opeth, and Overkill at the same show...
23.07.2006 - 21:41
Endoftherainbow
Yeah I wasn't saying that it's a bad show I was just expecting there to be more proggressive bands and I really wanted Dream Theater to be on it again. Also I've seen all of those bands live except Into Eternity so I don't know if I'm going to go or nto even though it is a good show.
24.07.2006 - 01:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
man...I gotta go to this but so far there aren't any Seattle dates yet. I"ve been wanting to see Arch Enemy and Megadeth forever. Plus, Lamb of God is amazing live. I haven't seen anyone better than them yet, and I've been to a lot of concerts.
24.07.2006 - 04:03
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 24.07.2006 at 01:02

Lamb of God is amazing live

Randy Blythe sounded like a dying animal when I saw them with Fear Factory...
24.07.2006 - 04:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmmm, he must have been out of it then. I've seen them twice and each time Randy totally dominates. He has some great high vocals and really good stage presence.
24.07.2006 - 04:30
Endoftherainbow
Randy Blythe looks so angry when they play live he's one of the angriest people I've ever seen. I think I am going to go to Gigantour though because Arch Enemy, Opeth, and Megadeth are all amazing live. I also really want to see Into Eternity because seem like they'd be great live.
24.07.2006 - 04:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Randy never takes a break. It seems like they're always touring or releasing new material and yet every time I've seen them his voice has been crazy. I bought both versions of New American Gospel and on the reissued one, there was a story in the booklet about Randy doing all of the vocals in all of the songs IN THE SAME DAY and didn't even lose his voice!
26.07.2006 - 03:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well...there is an official list now...Megadeth, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Overkill, Lamb of God, The Smashup (does anyone know who they are?)...I can't remember the others...
07.08.2006 - 04:00
DIE_by_my_HAND
The "others" are Into Eternity, and Sanctity (never heard of them before) so it should be a killer tour and I hope Mustaine keeps this thing going for years to come...
----
And music: well it's just entertainment folks!!
-Devin Townsend
08.08.2006 - 01:22
DarkDryad
Account deleted
I'm a bit disappointed to see all these big names. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a good show (6 metal bands out of 8 isn't bad). But all of these bands besides Overkill come each year to Canada, so to me it won't be worth paying over 50 bucks to see it in a big arena.
08.08.2006 - 01:48
Daru Jericho
I'm still interested to see if Gigantour comes to Europe and Australia. Now THAT would be amazing and if it did happen, I wonder if they would keep the same lineup?
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

08.08.2006 - 04:47
Staylow
Account deleted
I for one think this years line up is just as good as last years. Shit, Megadeth, Opeth and Into Eternity is worth the price of admission alone, as I've only seen 'deth once, and never seen Opeth or Into Eternity (both of which, especially IE, are fucking amazing), then you throw Lamb of God, Overkill and Arch Enemy into the mix?!

I'd never heard of Sanctity or The Smashup before, but I checked them both out, and I gotta say I enjoyed Sanctity quite a bit, but The Smashup are absofuckinglutely terrible. I am completely stumped, pissed and bewildered at their inclusion with this tour. I'd like to know what Dave was smoking when he added them? Other than that, this looks like it's gonna kick ass! I just hope we get a damn show in Kansas City or St. Louis this year, as they skipped right the fuck over us last year.
09.08.2006 - 03:59
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Man, some of my favorite bands are on that tour, and like so many other tours as of late, NONE of them Are coming to my area, and it's Pissin' me off. Megadeth, Into eternity, Arch Enemy!! Come on! Get your asses to southern Illinois NOW!
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
07.09.2006 - 19:32
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
The following is Megadeth's set list from the September 6th kick off of this year's Gigantour in Boise, ID:

Blackmail The Universe
Skin O' My Teeth
The Scorpion
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Die Dead Enough
She Wolf
Reckoning Day
Angry Again
Trust
Hangar 18
Tornado Of Souls
Kick The Chair
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
----------------------
Holy Wars

EDIT :
More set lists have been revealed from the September 6th kick off of this year's Gigantour in Boise, ID:

ARCH ENEMY:

Nemesis
Dead Eyes See No Future
My Apocalypse
First Deadly Sin
I Am Legend/Out For Blood
Ravenous
We Will Rise/Bridge Of Destiny Outro

OVERKILL:

Necroshine
Wrecking Crew
Battle
Thanks for Nothin
Long Time Dyin
Elimination
Old School
Fuck You

SANCTITY:

Seconds
Road To Bloodshed
Zeppo
Beneath The Machine
Once Again

THE SMASHUP:

Icarus Flies
Effigy
Afternoon Conversation With A Household Pet
Rachel's Day
----
Your favorite band sucks.
08.09.2006 - 08:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
That's one shitty Arch Enemy set.
11.09.2006 - 10:31
Eternal Flames
This years Gigantour line up is a lot worse than last year. Last years line up was brilliant as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to Gigantour in October when it comes down here and I must say I was very disappointed with the Australian Gigantour line up (Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Soulfly and Caliban). Personally I'm only going to see Megadeth and possibly Arch Enemy, but the tickets were a ripoff. Very disappointed with the line up as I already mentioned, but I've been waiting to see Megadeth for ages, so they are the sole reason I'm even going.
14.09.2006 - 19:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I can't go! I have a class that night! Woe is fuckin' me!

15.09.2006 - 07:07
Icewings
La Luna
Uhmm I don't know if to go , I alredy saw all the bands , well most of them so I don't know , but if you guys get to go enjoy it !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
14.10.2008 - 03:06
dam it dam it i did not get a change to go to this one but i when on gigantour 3