Metal Storm logo
Looking for a band with the the likeness of UneXpect...

05.11.2006 - 05:06
HardSide
I rarely request bands, since i have no many, but im getting bored finally of all the cds/tapes i have. Trying to see if there are more bands like uneXpect...
05.11.2006 - 05:55
Richard
Elite
Difficult question! I think UneXpect are one of a kind, at least I can't think of any other band quite so wacky and eclectic as them. The closest I can think of would be the Japenese band Sigh, particularly on 'Imaginary Sonicscape' which switches from Heavy Metal to extreme Metal to 70's funky cop show tunes, laid back lounge music and such...
And also there's Devin Townsend's album 'Infinity' (not a huge fan of Devin Townsend, but the song 'Bad Devil' from this album is great!)

But you may well be familiar with those artists already, and even then they're not close to being quite as peculiar and unpredictable as UneXpect.
----
06.11.2006 - 21:44
HardSide
Written by Richard on 05.11.2006 at 05:55

Difficult question! I think UneXpect are one of a kind, at least I can't think of any other band quite so wacky and eclectic as them. The closest I can think of would be the Japenese band Sigh, particularly on 'Imaginary Sonicscape' which switches from Heavy Metal to extreme Metal to 70's funky cop show tunes, laid back lounge music and such...
And also there's Devin Townsend's album 'Infinity' (not a huge fan of Devin Townsend, but the song 'Bad Devil' from this album is great!)

But you may well be familiar with those artists already, and even then they're not close to being quite as peculiar and unpredictable as UneXpect.

Im suprised your still around Richard, I miss the reviews you use to do, even if not many they were all excellent albums. But alas yes i have heard of devin and sigh, im waiting for the new sigh album that suppose to come out in a few months, maybe itll fuel my passion for music again.
29.08.2007 - 19:54
APOHAKC
The Bard
I don't know anything like UneXpect., the first thing that fall on my mind is Orphaned Land, but it is totally different, but they have something that reminds me on them (a Little!)
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
29.08.2007 - 21:23
ylside
Staff
Try Pan.Thy.Monium, I think you'll find sometihng you like in them.
04.03.2010 - 03:35
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Mr. Bungle and Sleepytime Gorilla Museum are the only bands I've can think of that are somewhat similar to them.
04.03.2010 - 03:56
whatsacow
It is a very unique band, but i'd say vulva, diablo swing orchestra, sleepytime gorilla museum, behold... the arctopus are the closest thing i can think of for pure insanity and creativity.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?