Metal Storm logo
Gojira - New Song Online, Upcoming DVD Trailer Released

"L'Enfant Sauvage", the brand new single from French metallers Gojira is currently streaming online at Pitchfork.com. The song comes off the band's upcoming new album L'Enfant Sauvage, which will be released on June 25th in Europe and one day later in North America via Roadrunner Records. More album details were previously reported here and here.

In other news, the band has also announced the release of a new DVD/Blu-ray, The Flesh Alive, in Europe on June 4th and in the US on July 31st via Mascot Records. The three-disc release chronicles the making of Gojira's 2008 album, The Way Of All Flesh, and the touring activity that followed the CD's release. The DVD trailer can be viewed below. All the details about this release are available here.

The Flesh Alive tracklist:

Disc I
Garorock Show
01. Oroborus
02. The Heaviest Matter Of The Universe
03. Backbone
04. Love
05. From The Sky
06. A Sight To Behold
07. The Art Of Dying
08. Drum Solo
09. Clone
10. Flying Whales
11. The Way Of All Flesh
12. Terra Incognita
13. Vacuity

Les Vieilles Charrues Show
14. Lizard Skin
15. Indians
16. Toxic Garbage Island
17. World To Come

Disc II
01. Oroborus
03. Backbone
04. Flying Whales
05. Toxic Garbage Island
06. The Way Of All Flesh
07. Terra Incognita
08. Vacuity
+ Documentary "The Way Of All Flesh Inside"

Disc III [CD]
01. Oroborus
03. Backbone
04. Love
05. From The Sky
06. A Sight To Behold
07. The Art Of Dying
08. Clone
09. Flying Whales
10. The Way Of All Flesh
11. Terra Incognita
12. Vacuity

Source: gojira-music.com
Band profile: Gojira
Posted: 28.04.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 233 users
28.04.2012 - 13:24
malaikat
That's some mighty fine tune.
28.04.2012 - 14:45
Paz
elite
This song isn't knocked me to the ground and I don't know why sometimes I hear here Decapitated (wtf?!).
28.04.2012 - 15:04
theFIST
Extremely bad, too slow and repetative, terrible vocals, but for gojira standards it"s a good song
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
28.04.2012 - 15:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I too think it's rather repetitive and not especially dynamic for Gojira's standards. However the sound of the music itself is much better than the overly mechanised approach of the last album. Not a great song but in my experience album-title songs rarely are.
28.04.2012 - 16:46
The Benighted
Song rules
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
28.04.2012 - 18:15
Rupert
I like it.
28.04.2012 - 19:54
Trëz
A great song, better than the majority of those on the album "The Way of all Flesh" in my opinion! I can't wait for the album's release.
28.04.2012 - 19:56
Unhealer
Eclecticist
The song is good, gets a lot better after the middle section.

And I must get that DVD.
28.04.2012 - 21:10
Ankläger
Shit.
I've got a spare water stone if this feels like evolving anytime soon.
28.04.2012 - 22:32
strade
Song owns. Album will own. DVD ordered. DVD will own. Gojira owns. Haters fail.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
28.04.2012 - 22:43
Mad Architect
I don't know why, but listening to that made me think Serj Tankian's vocals would have fit really well in this song.

I'm not one to judge an album by one song, which was solid but nothing special. I feel pretty comfortable betting that Gojira can put out at least a good album.
30.04.2012 - 10:06
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Like it, but with what J.O.O.H.E. said, its a tad flat for a Gojira song. Makes me look forward to the album though.
----
Coldgrits
30.04.2012 - 19:22
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Written by Ankläger on 28.04.2012 at 21:10

Shit.
I've got a spare water stone if this feels like evolving anytime soon.

You magnificent bastard.

Yeah, this song didn't impress me at all. And wasn't there a website that had a contest for best metal drummer with Mario winning? He does not show it at all on this. If this is a single they're releasing, I can only say the rest of the album will be shit,
30.04.2012 - 19:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by bloodwrage on 30.04.2012 at 19:22
If this is a single they're releasing, I can only say the rest of the album will be shit,

Since when do singles best represent an album? As I've said before, singles are the most simple, catchy tracks that are hyped in order to get the album some mainstream exposure. The rest of the album is typically very different from a single since the other tracks are more complex and structured in a less digestible manner.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.05.2012 - 00:02
strade
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.04.2012 at 19:41

Written by bloodwrage on 30.04.2012 at 19:22
If this is a single they're releasing, I can only say the rest of the album will be shit,

Since when do singles best represent an album? As I've said before, singles are the most simple, catchy tracks that are hyped in order to get the album some mainstream exposure. The rest of the album is typically very different from a single since the other tracks are more complex and structured in a less digestible manner.

Absolutely true. Singles are typically the worst songs on the album in terms of artistic integrity and quality.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com

Hits total: 4665 | This month: 7