Metal Storm logo
Bassist/Vocalist from early metal bands still kicking the most ass?

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 06.11.2006 - 09:38
I know this seems like a very specified poll, but looking at info on these bands I found it kind of odd how three of the bands coming out of the late 70's/early 80's that helped make metal what it is today are all lead by a bassist/semi-harshed-vocalled vocalist (all leading 3 piece bands) who is also the only original remaining member of the band. So the judging criteria is whose band was the most influential, whos band made the best albums and whose band is kicking the most ass currently, and why?

Oddly enough I had my voting priveleges revoked for 175 more days so im not aloud to vote on my own poll. Otherwise Id vote for Cronos, because Metal Black was an amazing alum, many people put it down but i see it as just like old Venom but with better production/recording quality.

Poll

Which of these Bassist/Vocalists lead the best early thrash band?

Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead)
Tom Angelripper (Sodom)
Cronos (Venom)

Total votes: 90
25.06.2007 - 00:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by BitterCOld on 23.06.2007 at 01:03

Written by Bad English on 22.06.2007 at 23:26

Written by BitterCOld on 22.06.2007 at 21:45

why isn't norway listed in your pool?*

I dunno any norvegain band from 80ties who play thrash metal and singer was bassist too

you didn't read my disclaimer at the bottom, did you?

the op of this thread has on several occasions explained why Slayer Tom is not listed on the poll... and yet people continue to ask why he is omitted.

This reminds me of the "best black metal country" poll someone had started, where he did not list Norway as an entry, explaining in the original post that everyone would vote for Norway, so there was no point in listing it - it was all to see of the remaining countries, which had the best scene.

and yet 2/3 of the responses were from people asking "Where's Norway?" "What, no Norway - you're an idiot!" "Norwegian BM rules - how could you leave them out?!"

In short, a lot of metalstormers don't even bother to take the freaking time to READ THE POSTS, they are just too busy formulating their response to add +1 to their post count to bother to take the time to look things over and provide a meaningful response that fits the parameters put forth by the creator of the thread.

i still miss the "Can metalstormers read?" thread. I need to buy whoever authored that thread a six pack.

Thanks alot for that!
and as you may tell I made this poll a few months back and was dumb enough to call it early thrash at the start, I changed as much as I could, unfortunately I couldnt change the poll question, but i did make an attempt to fix my faults here.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.06.2007 - 22:31
graywolf87
Account deleted
Lemmy, the living legend of early punkysh thrash metal, then sodom closely
10.08.2007 - 07:09
selken
Irreligious
I voted for Angelripper, but where's Tom Araya??????
----
12.08.2007 - 08:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by selken on 10.08.2007 at 07:09

Not to sound like an asshole. But READ THE F*CKING FIRST POST PLEASE!
----
- George Carlin
12.08.2007 - 08:23
selken
Irreligious
Written by Doc G. on 12.08.2007 at 08:09

yeah, whatever, he doen't leads Slayer, but he is from an early band and kicks the most ass
----
12.08.2007 - 08:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by selken on 12.08.2007 at 08:23

yeah, whatever, he doen't leads Slayer, but he is from an early band and kicks the most ass

well, to quote myself from the first post here:

Quote:
three of the bands coming out of the late 70's/early 80's that helped make metal what it is today are all lead by a bassist/semi-harshed-vocalled vocalist (all leading 3 piece bands) who is also the only original remaining member of the band.
----
- George Carlin
13.08.2007 - 14:38
Hyvaarin
Lemmy's obviously legendary, but Sodom's recent concert here won me over enough to vote ANGELRIPPER.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
16.04.2008 - 01:52
Metal_Militia
//Hell yeah, lemmy! The metal Godfather. Hes freakin invincible, the way he has lived his life and still does, i thought he'd drop deal 10 years ago//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

16.04.2008 - 02:10
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
The legendary Lemmy!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
16.04.2008 - 20:36
Demonmayonnaise
I voted for Cronos. Just like him better I guess.
16.04.2008 - 20:57
Smurfophagist
Where the fuck is the dude from Slayer?
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
16.04.2008 - 21:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
AAAAAA GOD DAMMIT...
READ THE MOTHERF*CKING POST PLEASE!!!

This is the first time I read the thread and I readed every single post...
And I just can't believe how many people asked the same damn question over and over again...

Dr. Rock... It's ok to get mad sometimes...
How the hell have you the patience to read your own thread and find out that 2/3 of the posts says the same thing and don't get mad at it...?
damn... I mean.. people can't really read here.

This pissed me off, seriously...

Unfortunately I can't vote...
But I would vote for Lemmy.
He is some of the very very big Gods in metal.. influenced so many bands [and you can see it cause there are so many bands that do covers to their songs...]
I love his way to live, sing... everything.. He is almost my metal anthem you know...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.04.2008 - 21:29
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
agghhh! early Motorhead and early Venom are like my alltime favourites ever!! Usually I never have hard time choosing between bands, but this is seriously difficult!
20.04.2008 - 15:41
Berfones
What about Tarot?
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
25.04.2008 - 12:45
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
sute its lemmy
29.04.2008 - 12:56
Hamird
Lieutenant
Deicide is a early 90th, band so i like Glen Benton as the strongest bassist/vocalist, he is really nice.
and also Blackie Lawless of WASP is a good one.
23.06.2008 - 03:43
Gotta go with Lemmy
23.06.2008 - 05:34
carlithrashinmad
Account deleted
Sodom is still kickin some asses! specially at shows! I've never seen them, but I've heard many good things from their concerts! is HELL!!! specially in South America! Probably going to see them back in Colombia in September. Angelripper gets my vote!

BTW Where the hell is Tom Araya??? hahaha I'm just kidding
02.07.2008 - 22:44
Infurnace
Tom Angelripper is awesome. He's a great vocalist/bassist. I saw Sodom live last year, and Tom is still as amazing as he was in the early Sodom years.
10.07.2010 - 07:51
Weaponz248
Lemmy is god!!!!! He is simply amazing.
10.07.2010 - 10:39
vezzy
Stallmanite
Cronos is a mediocre bassist and although a decent vocalist with understandable influence, he never did go beyond the blackened speed metal/thrash sound.

I vote Lemmy.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
11.07.2010 - 17:49
JD
Account deleted
Lemmy is God! Amen for that!
31.03.2011 - 03:11
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Guest on 11.07.2010 at 17:49

Lemmy is God! Amen for that!

agreed...
btw Cronos lost my vote a long time ago....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
31.03.2011 - 14:24
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Lemmy
01.04.2011 - 14:37
theFIST

Written by Bad English on 22.06.2007 at 23:26

Written by BitterCOld on 22.06.2007 at 21:45

why isn't norway listed in your pool?*

I dunno any norvegain band from 80ties who play thrash metal and singer was bassist too

you didn't read my disclaimer at the bottom, did you?

the op of this thread has on several occasions explained why Slayer Tom is not listed on the poll... and yet people continue to ask why he is omitted.

This reminds me of the "best black metal country" poll someone had started, where he did not list Norway as an entry, explaining in the original post that everyone would vote for Norway, so there was no point in listing it - it was all to see of the remaining countries, which had the best scene.

and yet 2/3 of the responses were from people asking "Where's Norway?" "What, no Norway - you're an idiot!" "Norwegian BM rules - how could you leave them out?!"

In short, a lot of metalstormers don't even bother to take the freaking time to READ THE POSTS, they are just too busy formulating their response to add +1 to their post count to bother to take the time to look things over and provide a meaningful response that fits the parameters put forth by the creator of the thread.

i still miss the "Can metalstormers read?" thread. I need to buy whoever authored that thread a six pack.

Exists again

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=28908

Guinness extra stout please
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
01.04.2011 - 18:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by theFIST on 01.04.2011 at 14:37

Exists again

holy crap! nearly four years later. sadly the offer is null after three years...

but if i'm ever in Austria, i'll see what I can do.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.04.2011 - 17:24
theFIST
Written by BitterCOld on 01.04.2011 at 18:18

Written by theFIST on 01.04.2011 at 14:37

Exists again

holy crap! nearly four years later. sadly the offer is null after three years...

but if i'm ever in Austria, i'll see what I can do.

damn it
part 2 is less sad
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
21.04.2011 - 18:37
The Entroper
Lemmy, Motörhead just blow my mind last tour in chile
23.04.2011 - 19:06
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Sodom of course. Persecution Mania and Agent Orange are classic thrashterpieces.
24.04.2011 - 01:27
ManiTheKing
Lemmy is the master!