Disc II [digipak bonus]
01. Zuh - Cu Tunetul Muntilor
02. Cumpat
03. Ruun [Enslaved cover]

Disc III [bonus DVD]
+ Interview feature & making of

Additional info

Formats:
  • Jewel Case CD: Budget edition with 8-page booklet and no extras.

• Digipak 2CD: Premium edition in 2CD Digipak with extended 20-page booklet, and also including a bonus CD with an Enslaved cover song and the tracks of the sold out EP Valea Omului.

• Limited book 2CD/DVD: Collector's edition in approximately 25 x 25 cm book with 48 pages. Includes a bonus MCD with the Enslaved cover song and the tracks of the sold out EP Valea Omului + DVD with 70 minutes of interviews and making of. Limited to 777 copies.

• Limited gatefold 2LP: Vinyl edition on heavy 180 g vinyl with poster and PVC protection sleeve. Special vinyl mastering. Limited to 500 copies.

Guest review by
Auntie Sahar
Rating:
In the common mindset, when a fire burns something to ashes, said thing is completely destroyed, never to return. And yet, in European mythology, we are told that the mythological phoenix, upon nearing old age, bursts into flames... only to be reborn from its ashes, to begin life anew with a fresh energy and spiritual vitality. From the creative ashes of Romanian black metal legends Negură Bunget, rose the phoenix of Dordeduh, the new project of former members Sol Faur and Huppogramus; it both pays tribute to the band of their origin and yet also transcends it. Dordeduh are by no means whatsoever easy to digest, and nor is their debut album. And yet, as was the case with Negură Bunget, this sense of mystery is part of what adds to the band's overall formula of fantastic music. For Dar De Duh is quite simply the type of album that's like an elaborately-crafted painting. You have to look it over several times to fully absorb its entire beauty, but once you take it in for all it's worth, you'll be absolutely amazed.

Read more ››
published 21.11.2012 | Comments (11)

First full length from the former primary creative influences of Negura Bunget. I had high hopes and Sol Faur and Hupogrammos don't disappoint. If you enjoyed the cosmically wonderful "OM", odds are you'll find this nearly as entrancing.

BitterCOld's picks | More picks ››

Found in 41 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 119   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 878 users
08.05.2012 - 22:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Atmo black with a xylophone?

This is a must hear.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.05.2012 - 23:44
Rating: 9
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Cannot wait to see what the primary creative impetuses of Negura Bunget can do.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.05.2012 - 23:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by TheAtheist85 on 09.05.2012 at 22:44

Written by BitterCOld on 08.05.2012 at 23:44

Cannot wait to see what the primary creative impetuses of Negura Bunget can do.

this will be a masterpiece, like I said...have you seen the interview ?

at over an hour? cannot say i have. i have seen interviews about the OM process before.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
16.05.2012 - 00:21
Czerny Reiter
Them having made ample time before releasing this as well as the possible perception that they may have something to prove over their old bandmates both bode rather well for this release's quality.
12.06.2012 - 03:10
Oaken
Hipster
I've just listened to the EP and this is as strong as the material on OM. Hopefully it will be a great album.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
24.09.2012 - 03:30
strade
Oh fuck yes, I've been waiting so long for this. I can't wait to absorb their latest work. Gotta love it when two phenomenal bands release an album on the same day.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
28.09.2012 - 20:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Something is wrong here.... mayeb because I dont knowe nothing aboutc romanian folklore, I wanna know more, I dont speek rimanuans, this album was like 3 parts
1 BM part
2 Folk music part
3 calling to ancestors, shaman dance

all blend into this albu and in all songs you see all 3 parts

If it would be german or scaninav it would be higer rankings, big let down is Im not romanian I know only dracula and you need to kill wampire whit some wood at his heart, so not knowing folklore is hard to understand
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2012 - 18:24
MetalDoomMaster
Wow this Ruun cover is awesome
30.09.2012 - 20:12
Rating: 10
LiliPop
Wow, I am impressed! I haven't really heard anything like 'Dar de duh', this is one of the very very few albums that get a 10/10 from me...
I love enslaved's RIITIIR, but this one takes the cake, superb melody, composition is very diverse and surprising, sound is crystal clear, you never know in which way the song will be going. I love how it has everything, but the kitchen sink in it... BM passages, progressive, folk, chanting, from raw to clear gregorian-like vocals and a whole lot of interesting instruments. This is most probably the best album for me this year.
02.10.2012 - 17:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah this is definitely competition for Enslaved. With Enslaved you can sit back and let it happen, whereas here you kind of have to pay attention. To me this is like Om pt. 2, in terms of quality anyway.
02.10.2012 - 17:30
Rating: 8
R'Vannith
ghedengi
elite
Om the 2nd ey? Must check this out.
02.10.2012 - 17:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by R'Vannith on 02.10.2012 at 17:30

Om the 2nd ey? Must check this out.

Well don't quote me on that (even though I did say it!). There are differences, it's more of a vibe and general sense of expansiveness that makes me think of Om.
02.10.2012 - 17:39
R'Vannith
ghedengi
elite
Written by Guest on 02.10.2012 at 17:35

Well don't quote me on that (even though I did say it!). There are differences, it's more of a vibe and general sense of expansiveness that makes me think of Om.

Sounds like I should definitely check it out nonetheless, I wasn't aware that this band was related to Negura Bunget, and I did really like Om.
02.10.2012 - 18:35
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Too much in the queue in terms of things to listen to.
We are spoilt really...
----
loves 小巫
02.10.2012 - 23:45
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Guest on 02.10.2012 at 17:35

Don't be scared, Jew.... its totally OM pt. 2... and it's awesome
03.10.2012 - 00:39
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 02.10.2012 at 17:24

Yeah this is definitely competition for Enslaved. With Enslaved you can sit back and let it happen, whereas here you kind of have to pay attention. To me this is like Om pt. 2, in terms of quality anyway.

Agreed, it's challenging and needs multiple listens to get through the layers, though the atmosphere grabs you from the first listen.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
04.10.2012 - 11:40
CyberSymphony
Ollie
I really like what I'm hearing from this album. Need to check this out more.
04.10.2012 - 17:27
Fredd
Account deleted
Checking this out tonight.
04.10.2012 - 21:20
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Although I may have been the only person to have liked recent Negura Bunget, it's undeniable how much better this album is.
05.10.2012 - 00:12
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I'm definitely getting this one, I need to listen to it a bit more to comprehend it but I can tell it's amazing.
06.10.2012 - 06:57
Czerny Reiter
I see I'm not the only one to be left wildly impressed by this...

Third listen in and I think I like this even better than Om... seems more atmo and less black overall.

Only album thus far to (possibly) turn Enslaved into a dark horse in the run for the money. And that's saying a lot right there.
06.10.2012 - 14:10
anon
Account deleted
At my fifth listen.It is indeed what I was hoping for.
06.10.2012 - 23:39
Fredd
Account deleted
Better than OM.
07.10.2012 - 22:33
Paz
elite
This is great, but there is no chance in comparison with "OM" - one of the very few albums that changed my perception of music.
07.10.2012 - 22:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 06.10.2012 at 23:39

Better than OM.

No way. OM is still superior to this although this one is very good.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.10.2012 - 17:01
Fredd
Account deleted
Objectively speaking, I like this more.
08.10.2012 - 17:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I prefer this to Om as well. Hell, 'n Crugu Bradului was Negura Bunget's masterpiece, not Om. Far better album if you ask me.
09.10.2012 - 01:14
InnerSelf
proofread free
I am as well be on Dordeduh's team.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
09.10.2012 - 07:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 08.10.2012 at 17:01

Objectively speaking, I like this more.

Subjectively speaking
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2012 - 07:50
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2012 at 07:20

Subjectively speaking

I mean, taking only the music into account, regardless of which one came first and which one "changed how I view music."

Hits total: 20562 | This month: 35