Metal Storm logo
My Dying Bride

18.05.2006 - 22:35
Detric
King Of Twilight
What do you guys think of these guys? I had a hard time getting into them, but I finally gave them a chance, and I thought they were pretty good. So I went out and bought Turn Loose The Swans and Like Gods Of The Sun, both amazing doom albums, one of the best ive ever heard. Which album(s) should I buy next? And are there any albums I should just avoid? Thanks alot.
19.05.2006 - 00:16
pyroclasm
Account deleted
I don't know their albums that much, but they are awesome indeed. They were one of the first bands that I have listened to when I got into metal. Their songs are really emotional, sad and have a great atmosphere. I don't know a lot of Doom bands, but I'm sure My Dying Bride is one of the best.
19.05.2006 - 00:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Firts song of My Dying Bride what I hear was "Price Of The Beauty" and firts video was "For You" and it was long ago, and I fell iin love in name of band, because its amazing, and great, abd are so poetic and amazning, I live lyrics of band specely "My Wine In Silance" but still for some guys band are to hard, I eman thay can not undesrstand some lyrics and muxic.
Arons wocals are so great and deep voice, seems he smoke all time BTW he smoke?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.05.2006 - 01:08
mixter
Account deleted
They are allwayz have been, They are and allwayz will be one of the first branches on the doom metal family tree...and though they have changed/evolved they have in my opinon allwayz been tru to the genre
19.05.2006 - 08:33
Zeraphine
Lazy Bastard
@Detric... i'd say go for The Dreadful Hours and for The Angel and the Dark River. they're both close personal favourites of mine! you won't be disappointed.

as for my opinion on My Dying Bride... one word: perfect!
19.05.2006 - 16:35
mixter
Account deleted
(o: KØB - BUY - THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER KØB - BUY - ;o)
20.05.2006 - 18:23
Sinsanity
Account deleted
@Detric - Songs of Darkness, Words of Light is a very good album, even if it might seem controversial to some, a lot of people consider it as not being like their previous releases...

Avoid the 34,788...stuff...though...
20.05.2006 - 19:08
Trifixion
Account deleted
I like My Dying Bride alot. Actually they're the only Doom band I listen to besides Sabbath and Reclusiam (I'm not big on Doom at all). I really like just about everything I have from them, especially Like Gods Of The Sun...
20.05.2006 - 23:04
Anna Varney
Account deleted
My Dying Bride are the best band that has ever been or will be on this world.period.
I'm glad I can hear so I can hear their melodies.I'm unhappy they are so famous,because lots of stu[id humans listen to them.but anyway.some of us diserve to listen to them,some don't.I'm not to judge.
Every and i mean EVERY ALBUM of them is just AWESOME.Yes, 34,788% complete as well.This is for the kvlt ones,that do not like it.I mean,just listen to Heroin Chic,it is BRILLIANT!!
Aaron is the most awesome poet of all among us humble humans.Noone can ever write poetry as he does.Bow to him.
Melancholy,romance,lust,sorrow,anger is My Dying Bride.
I die to see them perform live.If i live through a performance of theirs,I'll be glad.
That's all.
For Now.
I'll be back
for more.
20.05.2006 - 23:32
Avenant
Profane Seraph
I've been listening to "the dreadful hours" a lot lately. Actually, it's a BAD thing if My Dying Bride lyrics seem to relate to you... but oh well, it's still awesome music!
22.05.2006 - 20:08
Sinsanity
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 23:04

Yes, 34,788% complete as well.This is for the kvlt ones,that do not like it.

Though I don't really get your post...
I really don't like that album. Call me pretentious. I don't mind.
22.05.2006 - 20:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Every and i mean EVERY ALBUM of them is just AWESOME.Yes, 34,788% complete as well.This is for the kvlt ones,that do not like it.I mean,just listen to Heroin Chic,it is BRILLIANT!!

I agree whit you thay are werry good band, I had all albums and I love listen them all, I try get domes, and I found in internet demos and its intresting how thay change sound from death metal to doom
Ewery album are mastpiece, ewery songa nd lyrics

I like My Wine In Silance, Prise of The Bueaty,Heroin Chic well I had sad memories listen this song, and lyrics, its personal son and still its sad and hard for me from emotional way.
For You are great video, and Arons vocals are great, remaind my voice after drinking
My fav aklbusm are The Angel SAnd Dark River and Like A Gods Of The Sun.
Alos live album are masterpiece,a dn I hope I will see My Dying Bride some day live somewhere.

But what you think about early MYD albums and EP's ?
----

apos;'
[image]
24.05.2006 - 11:34
Anna Varney
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 22.05.2006 at 20:33

I agree whit you thay are werry good band, I had all albums and I love listen them all, I try get domes, and I found in internet demos and its intresting how thay change sound from death metal to doom

I like My Wine In Silance, Prise of The Bueaty,Heroin Chic well I had sad memories listen this song, and lyrics, its personal son and still its sad and hard for me from emotional way.
For You are great video, and Arons vocals are great, remaind my voice after drinking
Alos live album are masterpiece,a dn I hope I will see My Dying Bride some day live somewhere.

Well,I really love "As The Flower Withers" I mean the music and the lyrics in this album are outstading,even if they are too "deathmetalish" i might say And the others that follow in my opinion are just awesome..
They EP's are great as well,I happily have listened to them all
I'm glad someone likes them as I do
24.05.2006 - 11:36
Anna Varney
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.05.2006 at 20:08

Yes, 34,788% complete as well.This is for the kvlt ones,that do not like it.

Though I don't really get your post...
I really don't like that album. Call me pretentious. I don't mind.

I'm glad you don't.
anyway,i was referring mostly to those who listen to extreme metal snd call this album gay.anyway.
24.05.2006 - 13:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.05.2006 at 11:34

Well,I really love "As The Flower Withers" I mean the music and the lyrics in this album are outstading,even if they are too "deathmetalish" i might say And the others that follow in my opinion are just awesome..

I like reading lyrics of them, I had done it planty of times, and still do, but it depends how I feel inside and witch album I like, it depends of feelings, in autumn I like early realises, now when summer something from leither, I just wait when thay recordet new album, and thay are one of death/doom metal bands who dont change so much how Paradise Lost, Katatonia.
But haw you hear them demo whan band names was not MYD but diferent, than thay play death metal.
I can not get it, I try dounloud but it takes long, and I dont like dounloud them, and I hope I see them live some day.

About EP thay are great and intresting, but what you think about split whit Anathema?
I think its not usefull by it, Anathema are gone for me after style change

About lyrics thay are so simple, but whit deep meaning, some bands write compicated lyrics Cradle of Filth, but My Dying Bride write siemlpe and deep and great lyrics

BTW my new signature are from My Dying Bride song, but lil' bit changeed, maybe you can gues this song
Hope its translated corect
----

apos;'
[image]
24.05.2006 - 17:52
Anna Varney
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 24.05.2006 at 13:29

I like reading lyrics of them, I had done it planty of times, and still do, but it depends how I feel inside and witch album I like, it depends of feelings, in autumn I like early realises, now when summer something from leither, I just wait when thay recordet new album, and thay are one of death/doom metal bands who dont change so much how Paradise Lost, Katatonia.
But haw you hear them demo whan band names was not MYD but diferent, than thay play death metal.
I can not get it, I try dounloud but it takes long, and I dont like dounloud them, and I hope I see them live some day.

About EP thay are great and intresting, but what you think about split whit Anathema?

About lyrics thay are so simple, but whit deep meaning, some bands write compicated lyrics Cradle of Filth, but My Dying Bride write siemlpe and deep and great lyrics

BTW my new signature are from My Dying Bride song, but lil' bit changeed, maybe you can gues this song

It is My Hope The Destroyer ^^
Concerning that split,well,the songs are quite interesting and listebable,but not my favourites.I sometimes listen to Roads and Some Velvet Morning for fun mostly "some velvet morning when i'm straight.."
No,I have not heard that demo with the different name,but it sounds apealling
Well are not so simple but yes,all are difficult to understand...When I get to understand what aaron wanted to write i'm really happy
24.05.2006 - 19:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.05.2006 at 17:52

Written by Bad English on 24.05.2006 at 13:29

It is My Hope The Destroyer ^^
Concerning that split,well,the songs are quite interesting and listebable,but not my favourites.I sometimes listen to Roads and Some Velvet Morning for fun mostly "some velvet morning when i'm straight.."
No,I have not heard that demo with the different name,but it sounds apealling
Well are not so simple but yes,all are difficult to understand...When I get to understand what aaron wanted to write i'm really happy

Yes you are write it is my Hope-Destroyer, but I like my signature bether
Hope I some day write lyric/poem whut same title

I dont like split its not my Dying Bride, I dont likes splitt and best of... albums, only if there are soem demo songs what can not get in stores.

About that band, thay had demo tape whit 3 songs and in MA says(I can not open MA) thay play death metal, I think similar like Immortal in demo, but still I want hear it.

About lyrics I undesrtam them, but when I read explanations of songs , I cn not undesrand why he sad it, but still those lyrics are better how CoF

P.S. Seems Oure Quote are too big

EDIT:

Quote:
i'm straight.."
No,I have not heard that demo with the different name,but it sounds

This band calls Abiosis thay had realised only one demo whit name Abiosis, it calls "Noxious Emanation" then change name to My Dying Bride it was in 1989
here are track list:

1. Coronary Thrombosis
2. Vlad The Impaler
3. Human Consumption
and than thay realised My Dying Bride - "Towards the Sinister" 1991
After it was EP "God Is Alone" and I think you know discography after it
----

apos;'
[image]
28.05.2006 - 00:15
Detric
King Of Twilight
Thanks alot for the recommendations everybody.
30.07.2006 - 14:17
Vunts

Kay, since there seemed to some sort of bug or incomplete info about the thread, it didn't show up anywhere...after i created my own thread, i discovered it however...so i'll just copy paste my talk.

My Dying Bride is one of my solid favourites. I've had the pleasure of familiarizing myself with all of their works and i find it pleasant that their albums sound rather different from each other. At times, it's pure death, then death/doom, then it's doom/death and on a few occasions there are even parts that could be concidered funeral doom, and there are also some parts that i like to call "just doom", like on "The Angel and the Dark River" album. Which brings me to a point: "The Angel and the Dark River" is just a marvellous release, which i simply love mainly for the way instruments are used. All falls in place with perfection. "The Cry of Mankind" is a one of a kind song, topped by none in that category (imo). "For My Fallen Angel" is another song that i love. It's different from "The Cry of Mankind". Different by being more slow paced and less heavy, due to full use of violin and some other instrument of similar purpose in the background.

I don't like their deathy parts that much. Maybe i would enjoy them more if i hadn't heard of their more mellow stuff, but since i have...they just don't cut it for me.
"Turn Loose the Swans" is the first release i actually enjoy of them. I do listen to some songs from their beginning times also, but "TLtS" seems to be the groundbreaker album where they defined most of their sound to be.
After that release came the (yes, i'm gonna say it again) absolutely wonderful "The Angel and the Dark River". I have NOTHING bad to say about that CD. Aaron's vocals are really good, both the clean version and the growl show despair and pain in a non-whiney way. To have mastered both, singing and growling, is not something that comes easy (imo), so i really respect the man for that. The live songs at the end sound good also. Makes me wonder if something can really sound THAT good live.
I'll not mention much of the next release "Trinity" which is a compilation. The song that deserves a mention however, is "Le Carf Malade". It's a rather untypical MDB song, but i welcome it with open arms.
"Like Gods of the Sun" presented me with "For My Fallen Angel" so that just...gah, it's such a wonderful song...and maybe me liking that psychologically drew me to the more deathish songs on the album also, because i like them more than their previous deathy parts.
So now i've come to "34.788%...Complete", probably the most controversial album of the band. Mainly due to the industrial elements. While i do like the CD, i still believe that MDB and industrial is not such a good combination. There are good moments on this release, but it just...doesn't do the click. It like stops halfway through. If another band had released this album, i might enjoy it more...i just know that MDB is capable of more, however, the album could have been necessary for them to decide what way they want to go and fill their need of experimentation with unexpected ideas.
And well, due to either the "hardcore" fans' displeasement or solely due to their own will, they left out the industrialism's of "34.788%...Complete" and created the album "The Light at the End of the World". Sortof feeling like going back to their roots, but not necessarily too far back. Still picking up some new things, not just old stuff "re-mastered". The title track has wonderful lyrics, but is missing some melancholy. I don't know what they should have changed, but the song seems a little incomplete. It doesn't go as deep as "For My Fallen Angel" f.e. "Edenbeast" is a fine example of a...faster type of doom song gone right. I love that song.
"The Dreadful Hours" is a rather heavy release. "Le Figlie della Tempesta" has some unique drum style/sound (whatever), which is...a refreshing sound, but not something that i'd like to be implemented to more of their songs.
"The Voice of the Wretched" has a nice beginning with the clapping and only clapping, no words sounding from nowhere. Creates a great intro for "She is the Dark". After hearing this CD i was really hyped about seeing MDB play live. Even if the show aint with headbanging and well, the regular stuff that happens at say, a death metal concert. I enjoy simply listening to live music also. Allows more concentration and in MDB's case, it doesn't seem like it would hurt, since flaws are hard to find.
And now my post is nearing to a close as i give a few words about "Songs of Darkness Words of Light". The beginning song, "The Wreckage of My Flesh" is a great opener and is the first MDB song that i heard. Mainly due to the fact that this CD was the first i heard and i started from the beginning. I fell in love with this song immediately, then it was forgotten for some time and lately, it kicked right back in again. "My Wine in Silence" is also a very emotional song. Especially the beginning. I feel stuff changing inside me when i hear it, so that has got to be a good thing.

All in all, i've mentioned my favourite CD already rather many times, but one more doesn't hurt: "The Angel and the Dark River". I wouldn't say that it's the best CD to use for getting into MDB, but for a fan, it's a wonderful listen.
11.08.2006 - 07:15
Southern Wind
Account deleted
great post headbanger, it's awesome to see people that sometimes take their time to write thoughtful posts about bands that one likes

I am a big MDB fan, and actually happened something strange: my favourite album by them is one I once hated: "The Light At The End Of The World"... that's an incredibly depressive yet angry album, and songs like "She Is The Dark", "Edenbeast" or "The Light At The End Of The World" are blood-chilling...
11.08.2006 - 13:25
Beer Fairy

i like their music, no doubt. And now i want to see them live here.....for example next year on my birthday, hehehe
11.08.2006 - 19:56
Ernis
狼獾
My absolute favourite of MDB at the moment would be "Gather Me Up Forever"....this song caught my attention since the first time I heard it...I cannot recall when it was though...but it made me thought...the lyrical part is very good and the backing vocals in the middle of the song strongly resemble some scenes and sounds from the gothic/horror film Snow White in the Black Forest.....
12.08.2006 - 14:35
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
I just got into Doom, with My Dying Bride, i got all of their albums and the first album i heard is As the Flower Withers, its just awesome, this band made me explore doom metal.

Probably the best Doom Band from UK ever.
16.08.2006 - 16:09
Anathemani@c

My dying Bride is my second favourite band, after Anathema. Nearly all of their alboums are great to me, but my favourites are The angel and the dark river, the light at the end of the world and songs of darkness words of light. Get these alboums and you're going to remember me for sure! Hail to them and I hope to see them live in Greece soon!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
18.08.2006 - 06:46
bloodygore
Account deleted
I didn't really like this band at all... until I heard 'The Raven And The Rose' from 'The Dreadful Hours', I thought this song was great.
That's pretty much all I like from them... just not my style I guess.
05.09.2006 - 21:55
chaunté
Account deleted
For You is the sexiest love song I have heard in a looooooooooooooong time
14.09.2006 - 08:07
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Guest on 05.09.2006 at 21:55

Yes, it one of my favorites songs as well regarding this Glad to see someone else has a similar opinion. This is one of the reasons I find "Like Gods Of The Sun" to be one of my favorite albums (top 50). It's painful, sexy, romantic, and full of underlying despair at the same time. And the sound is by far the clearest of any My Dying Bride release which to me gives it a unique atmosphere amongst all of MDB's releases.

Otherwise, any one hear the new album yet?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.09.2006 - 12:51
Procardia
Account deleted
My ying Bride is on of my favorite bands. Love their sound, lyrics, all. Turn Loose The swans is my fav. album, dunno why, it mix death with doom and was the first album I bought. Like Gods of the Sun is a good album too, more Doom I think.
17.09.2006 - 01:39
Ernis
狼獾
For My Fallen Angel is another great song.....it is just perfect when you are suffering....helps you to cry yourself empty......already experienced it...that is for example a reason why MDB is personally quite close to me.....
17.09.2006 - 16:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 05.09.2006 at 21:55

haha man I agree but its good song, but better are ''my Wine In Silance'' read lyric of them and you will understan, but ''For You'' re lil ehavyer and lil but reminds me depresive ballad about 2 lowers and one of them are use herin and soon gonna die like in video
----

apos;'
[image]