Metal Storm logo
Hatebreed

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 07.11.2006 - 04:33
I am currently listening to this band and am wondering if anyone is a fan? Surely there are people who are? I used to, like a lot of people, not like this band solely based on that they were labeled as -core and were quite popular. However, I started listening to them and noticed how awesome they actually were and actually quite like listening to them. Now, of course they aren't extremely original or innovative, or experimental, but they execute what they do flawlessly. They make some of the most energizing and angry music I have ever heard. I am not an angry or violent person but when I hear Hatebreed I want to go crazy, even more so than when I listen to those extremely "true" Thrash and Death Metal acts. Their only flaw might be that a lot of their material sounds similar and they have quite simple and at times goofy lyrics but hey, I listen to SYL so who cares?

Now this may get moved, but I think Hatebreed is the epitome (among many bands) of Extreme. Hardcore? Metal? Jazz Influenced Technical Pop Grind? I don't care, they kick ass. Anyone a fan?
14.02.2007 - 17:59
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
There is a new live performance video of Hatebreed performing their track "Defeatist" available for viewing at the Underground Video Television website, here.
The footage was taken last year during the Monster of Mayhem tour at The Croc Rock in Allentown PA.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
27.02.2007 - 16:04
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Lol, this thread is so dead.

There is another live performance video of Hatebreed playing their track "Before Dishonor" available for viewing at the Underground Video Television website, here.
The footage was taken in Allentown PA during the Monsters Of Mayhem tour last November.
----
28.02.2007 - 11:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Thryce on 27.02.2007 at 16:04

Lol, this thread is so dead.

There is another live performance video of Hatebreed playing their track "Before Dishonor" available for viewing at the Underground Video Television website, here.
The footage was taken in Allentown PA during the Monsters Of Mayhem tour last November.

Actually weird that this thread is this dead because Hatebreed actually quite a good hc/metalcore (nowadays) band in the vine of goodl old Agnostic Fron and Sick of it All
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.02.2007 - 15:04
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.02.2007 at 11:19

Actually weird that this thread is this dead because Hatebreed actually quite a good hc/metalcore (nowadays) band in the vine of goodl old Agnostic Fron and Sick of it All

I agree with you. Actually Hatebreed is one of the few metalcore band I can stand. And they're pretty good too. Also live!
And Sick Of It All (don't know Agnostic Front that well) is indeed also a pretty good hc/mc band.

Do you know Born From Pain (NL) ?
----
12.03.2007 - 13:09
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
The last of a series of live videos UVTV (Underground Video Television) filmed of Hatebreed has been posted online at this location.

The live video is for the track 'You're Never Alone' which was filmed at The Croc Rock in Allentown, PA during Hatebreed's The Monsters Of Mayhem headlining tour last November.
----
25.03.2007 - 18:04
Revenant
Account deleted
This band makes me laugh so much, with their baseball caps and skinheads image.
25.03.2007 - 20:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 25.03.2007 at 18:04

Might be the case for you, but then again they look more everyday than bands that make laugh immensely when they try to look like vikings or barbarians or even corpsepainted black metallers.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.03.2007 - 00:26
Revenant
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.03.2007 at 20:31

Written by Guest on 25.03.2007 at 18:04

Might be the case for you, but then again they look more everyday than bands that make laugh immensely when they try to look like vikings or barbarians or even corpsepainted black metallers.

The black metal scene long ago recognised CP as a joke and the more serious bands liek Emperor and Keep of Kallessin have dropped it. Everydau fashiosn grow gradualy mroe absurd, with baggy 'wigger' plastic clothing and the scene self mutilation with ear plugs and facial piercings and body distortingly tight clothes. Hatebreed look like English football hooligans and chavs,t he lowest scum in our society, what makes it really amusing is that these bands have soem itnelligent things to say about straightedge living and politics. I don't lsitne to hatebreed because I don't like hoarse shouted vocals nor simple downtuned guitars, not because of the image.
29.03.2007 - 07:24
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well, it's a huge part of Hardcore, so if you don't like that, you don't like most of the genre then. It's ignorant to generalize bands though, because if one were to do so, most of the Metal scene would be ruled out too.
----
The force will be with you, always.
24.04.2007 - 20:46
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Professionally filmed video footage of Hatebreed's entire performance at last year's Download Festival, which took place in June 2006 at Donington Park, England, is available for viewing at this location.
----
25.04.2007 - 05:20
LethargyMan
I used to really like Hatebreed. Satisfaction... was just a bold li'l album and Perseverence had so much energy... but then they seemed to stop making new songs and went on to pretty much remake Perseverence two more times. I still say that they're pretty good, but they certainly lost alot of their power and energy.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
25.04.2007 - 11:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by LethargyMan on 25.04.2007 at 05:20

I used to really like Hatebreed. Satisfaction... was just a bold li'l album and Perseverence had so much energy... but then they seemed to stop making new songs and went on to pretty much remake Perseverence two more times. I still say that they're pretty good, but they certainly lost alot of their power and energy.

I totally agree with you on this one. If you own Satisfaction... and Perseverence that's all you need by them.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.10.2008 - 03:53
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
LOL at Jamey Jasta for hosting "headbangers ball".
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.10.2008 - 05:49
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
I am a fan of Hatebreed- at least moderately.

I am also a fan of Jasta's side projects: Kingdom of Sorrow and Oblige (at least I think that's a side project of his...)
29.10.2008 - 17:35
brapp32
What's funny about him hosting headbangers ball? I think they play a pretty wide variety of metal.
29.10.2008 - 17:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by LeChron James on 03.10.2008 at 03:53

At least he'most probably a million times better than who have had here a long time ago... Vanessa Warwick, a bimbo who didn't know shit all about metal but only got the job cause she was married to Rick Warwick of The ALmighty (crap band btw)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.10.2008 - 17:46
Sunioj
My friend played one of their albums on the way to a gig (of another band), and I was pretty fucking bored after the second song. I think it was their latest album, it was just chugga-chugga+whiny lyrics throughout. And my friend is like 'What? Its good hardcore!'... Nah, I beg to differ.
29.10.2008 - 19:05
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
I watched their video for "Defeatist", Not bad....
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
29.10.2008 - 21:38
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.10.2008 at 17:40

Written by LeChron James on 03.10.2008 at 03:53

At least he'most probably a million times better than who have had here a long time ago... Vanessa Warwick, a bimbo who didn't know shit all about metal but only got the job cause she was married to Rick Warwick of The ALmighty (crap band btw)

well would you rather have Jamey Jasta or Rikki Rachtman host? i pick Rachtman simply because i cant take Jamey Jasta seriously. Hatebreed's "This is Now" did them in for me.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.01.2009 - 13:55
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Click here to hear Hatebreed's cover of Sepultura's "Refuse/Resist". Still I prefer the original...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
10.01.2009 - 21:28
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by SlaytallicA on 10.01.2009 at 13:55

Click here to hear Hatebreed's cover of Sepultura's "Refuse/Resist". Still I prefer the original...

Still, it's a pretty good cover of a killer song (but maybe I'm a bit biased when it comes to Hatebreed, I kinda tend to like 'em from time to time). Krisiun's cover of that song's not that bad either.
----
10.01.2009 - 21:36
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Thryce on 10.01.2009 at 21:28

Still, it's a pretty good cover of a killer song (but maybe I'm a bit biased when it comes to Hatebreed, I kinda tend to like 'em from time to time). Krisiun's cover of that song's not that bad either.

I'm not a big fan of Hatebreed either but they did a good job on this cover. The Krisiun's one is more "brutal" so I prefer it!
----
15.04.2009 - 20:25
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Here's another Hatebreed cover, this time is Slayer's "Ghosts Of War".
----
20.05.2009 - 16:40
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by SlaytallicA on 10.01.2009 at 21:36

I'm not a big fan of Hatebreed either but they did a good job on this cover. The Krisiun's one is more "brutal" so I prefer it!

The Krisiun version is definetly better.

Hatebreed is not a bad band, they have some catchy riffs that are really nice. ''Rise of Brutallity'' is their best album, althou the last one wasn't bad. Still got to check out the album of covers of this year.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.05.2009 - 22:11
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Uirapuru on 20.05.2009 at 16:40

Written by SlaytallicA on 10.01.2009 at 21:36

The Krisiun version is definetly better.

Hatebreed is not a bad band, they have some catchy riffs that are really nice. ''Rise of Brutallity'' is their best album, althou the last one wasn't bad. Still got to check out the album of covers of this year.

I'm not a fan of Hatebreed but I really liked the Krisiun's cover but I'm sticking with the original one!
----
29.05.2009 - 01:56
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I've listened to Hatebreed for a few years now. They're not my favorite band but I think they're one of the best in their field. I remember seeing them live with Slayer and Slipknot in Belgium they're really what you need to start of a concert like that, they get you energized and pulsed up before the big guns hit the stage. A lot of people I spoke to at that concert didn't know Hatebreed and were asking about them, all I can say is that the crowd probably moved as much with Hatebreed as they did with Slayer which is something I don't think you can attribute to many bands. My favorite song of theirs: Straight to Your Face, it does exactly what it says. I've recently listened to their cover album For the Lions, I'm very pleased they covered Metallica's Escape, one of my favorite Metallica songs, highly underrated.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
29.09.2009 - 03:23
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Hatebreed's album "Satisfaction is the Death of Desire", along with Madball's "Hold it Down" were the rebirth of a new generation of hardcore. Sadly, after Lou died (he wrote every riff of satisfaction) the band went downhill and started to appeal to a much more simplistic and "mtv" influenced crowd...in other words, they sold out. I remember seeing this band with 100 people. I was surprised to see that satisfaction had a very low rating on this website, but I guess it's a metal website and people are probably listening for the wrong thing. For those interested in hardcore, Satisfaction is a perfect album.
----
Brujerizmo!
03.11.2009 - 22:50
Brave
Destroy Everything x3