Metal Storm logo
Gods Tower

07.11.2006 - 05:16
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Gods Tower are a superb traditional/pagan doom metal act from Belarus, certainly among the most overlooked of the whole genre... I own their album "The Eerie" which is an refreshing, crushingly strong and well played disc, with an awesome vocalist and a nice progressive edge... I had seen that they're pretty known inside Doom Metal circles, so I hope this thread will receive any answers... by the moment, here's their website from where you can check their stuff

http://www.thequietplace.net/godstower/index.html
24.11.2006 - 04:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band one of ppl who I know he had tape 'The Turns'' and CD ''Ebony Birds'' I had listen this band even if he dont give tapes and Cd so offen, but i hear tape once and CD I borrow it and it was great and good band but still even here its so unknow and underground,
He get that band when he was in Misnk and even there its hard to get CD and albums
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.11.2006 - 04:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Cool that someone finally answered to my thread, I had all my hope lost.... cheers K7!

Yes, God's Tower is very underground, but I had read lots of praising reviews and comments, so that made me check them and they're totally amazing, they play some great traditional doom mixed with Pagan Metal... Belarus is a country that has good Metal to offer, by the way.
24.11.2006 - 13:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.11.2006 at 04:40

Cool that someone finally answered to my thread, I had all my hope lost.... cheers K7!

Yes, God's Tower is very underground, but I had read lots of praising reviews and comments, so that made me check them and they're totally amazing, they play some great traditional doom mixed with Pagan Metal... Belarus is a country that has good Metal to offer, by the way.

Yes man but stiull Belarussia, Russia, its harder how other slavs countries and still we know in Belarussia isnt democracy so metal there are underghround but its isnt forbiden

Latvian BM band has splitt whit Bellarussian band forgot name
----

apos;'
[image]
24.11.2006 - 16:02
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 24.11.2006 at 13:34

Written by Guest on 24.11.2006 at 04:40

Yes man but stiull Belarussia, Russia, its harder how other slavs countries and still we know in Belarussia isnt democracy so metal there are underghround but its isnt forbiden

Latvian BM band has splitt whit Bellarussian band forgot name

There's a BM band from Belarus called Dies Nefastus, I remember to had heard their demo a few years ago and was pretty impressed, but never heard of them again...
21.10.2020 - 17:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Belarus secret police arrested band singer

Yesterday, secret police from the Zavodskoy District Department of Internal Affairs of Minsk detained Lesley Knife from the GODS TOWER. If you don't make a fuss, then the fate of those who are subjected to torture by the authorities can await it.

He get 8 days of arrest

https://gomel.today/rus/news/gomel-18306/?fbclid=IwAR2MwWRYFhX-6tK0-VED1iSpZIOqfJ5VDBOjNbPSDqUgATtN2P6kDmcnMSA
----

apos;'
[image]
03.07.2021 - 22:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Belarus Metal Musician Gets Three-Year Prison Sentence for Insulting Politician

https://loudwire.com/belarus-metal-musician-gods-tower-prison-sentence-insult-politician/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

I have no comments sad that EU has been sleeping since Russia invasion in Georgia, hard actions, hard sections, sanctions against sport, oil industry we would not have situation like this. I dontv see solution in Belarus, if Russia is strong,
----

apos;'
[image]
15.12.2021 - 15:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does anybody knows what band means on their Facebook post

Just another sad date. On top of that, now we are all experiencing not the best times. But when we remember your musical madness, it motivates us to keep going.
Sasha, we will continue your business.

----

apos;'
[image]
15.12.2021 - 22:08
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Bad English on 15.12.2021 at 15:25

Does anybody knows what band means on their Facebook post

"Sasha" is a shortened version of "Alexander". They commemorate their former guitarist Alexander Urakoff, who died on December 14, 2003.
----
signatures = SPAM
15.12.2022 - 09:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Gods Tower whit Khors are alive and you can see this at the concerts of the tour to the Baltic capitals - Landmark tour 2023!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=516166160492333&set=a.410640254378258
----

apos;'
[image]