Metal Storm logo
Corruption

07.11.2006 - 09:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
so the title says it all. talk about the corruption issues in your country, whether you have to give bribes to get across in every day
and as i'm the topic starter i'll ask this question: do you think that a high corruption rate will endanger states trying to get into bigger interstatal organizations?i.e. EU, NATO, etc.
07.11.2006 - 15:19
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I remember reading in today's paper that Finland is the least corrupted country in the world, while Haiti is the most corrupted. There isn't really much corruption here, so I haven't come across any. But I've heard that the police are wiling to take bribes in our neigbouring country Russia and surely in many other countries too...

I think it indeed is harder for corrupted countries to get in EU, NATO etc. At least in my opinion corruption is wrong and a nation based on corruption can't have a very stabile economy. Every person should have the same rights no matter how much money the have.
----
You'll never walk alone.
07.11.2006 - 15:52
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Everyone knows how corrupt the US is, so I'm not even going to touch on that...but is the EU corrupt at all? I don't really have suspicion of this, but since you brought it up cursed it would be interesting to know.
----
Brujerizmo!
07.11.2006 - 17:40
Lupas
Maximus
Who is not corrupt
That's my ans. to this
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
07.11.2006 - 21:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well, here these are the most corrupt people in here(in order of corruption level):
-police
-doctors
-politicians
-teachers
in all except the 3rd case the low salary is almost an excuse,but the politicians really don't have one
is this the case in your country? just trying to get a discussion going on here...
07.11.2006 - 21:24
tulkas
el parcero
Well, Colombia is known specially (and I'm not proud of it) for being violent and corrupt, and it is. It starts from common city corruption, to drug dealers and even inside the government. The problem behind this, IMO, is the high unemployment, and the high rate of poverty.

The real problem is that, although there is a lot of money, that amount is spread in a very low percentage of the population (drug dealers, politicians, and some high bussinessmen), while a lot of people struggle evry day to have just a piece of bread. And around here, to be honest, to be able to succeed, to be able to around without trouble, you need to have money. Policemen, for example, recieve bribes everyday 'cause they don't really care if you infricted a transit law, or if someone attacked another person. As cursed said, they ares ome of the most corrupt people.

Just to finsh and not make an essay out of this, I think that at least in Colombia and in other poor countries, corruption is seen everyday beacuse... I don't know, people don't seem to care, and all they do is complain. In the bottom, every person is corrupt just beacuse they want everything for themselves and don't care about the rest. It's the classic battle of survival of the fittest, or in this case, richest
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
08.11.2006 - 17:47
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Valentin B on 07.11.2006 at 21:07

well, here these are the most corrupt people in here(in order of corruption level):
-police
-doctors
-politicians
-teachers
in all except the 3rd case the low salary is almost an excuse,but the politicians really don't have one
is this the case in your country? just trying to get a discussion going on here...

And let the discussion keep going ....

From the list above i will add lawers instead of teachers. This make more sense here
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
09.11.2006 - 04:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
The republican party has been found out as Kid touchers, and Democrats are Bias closed minded Douches, much like the republicans, I wouldn't be suprised if Democrats were kid touchers as well.

The legislation here is very divided, and I wouldn't be suprised to see another civil war in 40 years. Politicians have stopped caring about the people and more about how to line their own pockets. INstead of telling us about how they'd benifit the people, they just bash on their opponent, never mind the economic and societal problems we face. My entire government is fucking courupt, but I still have to try to make a difference, which is why I plan on voting when I turn of age (But I doubt that that won't be courupted as well)
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
10.11.2006 - 06:03
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Lupas on 07.11.2006 at 17:40

Who is not corrupt
That's my ans. to this

...i agree with you...it's not something to be proud of but it's the true...in mexico corruption is terrible!!
...it's the only way to arrange some things even though u don't want to be corrupt...everywhere everybody is corrupt...teachers, cops, politicians, doctors, etc...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
11.11.2006 - 10:11
Lorien
Account deleted
Politics are the dirtiest job in the world! And corruption is a big part of it! Without it, it would be like you take a heart from human, he can't survive anymore!
13.11.2006 - 07:54
nana.MD
Star-Queen
@ Lorien:...i agree with you, i'm not ok with it and i think its pretty sad...and it applies in everything...for example is like they say "jail is for the poor"...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
13.11.2006 - 13:39
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
And living is for the rich?
15.11.2006 - 05:12
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 13.11.2006 at 13:39

And living is for the rich?

No, what she meant is that the poor are oppressed and often sent to jail for things that they didn't neceserrily do, and that the rich get away with anything they want. If you don't get your hands dirty one way or another in mexico, (According to my friend who is mexican) you pay.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
15.11.2006 - 12:12
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Who are you referring to as "she"?
16.02.2007 - 10:54
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Nepal, my country, is a country where the corrupts outnumber the honest in the governmental sectors, and as we all know, to ruin something or some place much bad elements aren't needed. These spoil everything.
IN my country democracy gave rise to of fuelled corruption even more.( in 1990 democracy was established here) ever since then, our country is getting ruined day by day....
due to corrupt political leaders, the sovereignity of our coumtry is at stake, for money they have become puppets of the foreigners and do whatever the 'foreign forces' want..
due to corruption no development activities are taking place, but instead a civil war broke out (it ended recently) and ruind the country.
I live in the capital city, so I am getting at least basic facilities, but people outside cites (only 15% of our country is urban) are facing lot of difficulties due to lack of developmental infrastructures..... all because of cottuption and corrupt/traitor politicians...
Nepal is a country where a patriotic person is labelled as a 'regressive force' ('pratigaami' in the term of these traitors) and his life is in danger.. If I speak publicly that our leaders are corrupt and we nepalese soud be united, its likely that I will never return to metalstorm (or my home) again..........
----
that which shines without names and forms...
16.02.2007 - 10:57
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Guest on 11.11.2006 at 10:11

Politics are the dirtiest job in the world! And corruption is a big part of it! Without it, it would be like you take a heart from human, he can't survive anymore!

It actually isn't supposed to be, but corruption has damaged and dirtied politics, its not that politics itself is dirty.
----
18.02.2007 - 16:31
Sunioj

Israel is a very corrupt country, but to be fare, every country has corruption in it.
Our Prime Minister is indicted for multiple sexual harrasment and even suspected of rape. The army has poor communications and these flaws get innocent people killed. The amount of taxes we have to pay is ridiculous, and a good portion of it goes to orthodox jews who dont work or support the country so that they can worship God or elohim.

I used to live in the West Bank, and I can say without hesitation they are also very corrupt. Arafat died, he had billions of dollars that went to his wife, and not a penny went to help their citizens and its like no one noticed. The education and healthcare is undermined because the Palestinean authority knows that if a Palestinean had healthcare problems, they can go get free healthcare in Israel. The people that run Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Fatah their families are all rich because of the foreign aid, but none goes to the citizens unless they die for 'palestine'. So they are indirectly getting people to carry out attacks so that the people running the game dont get hurt. Its horrible...
19.02.2007 - 00:43
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Corruption in Spain is a very interesting and curious issue, even if this sounds ironic. There is almost no 'everyday' corruption -i.e. policemen, judges or administratives- at all, for these people are very well-paid in comparison to, say, East European or Latin American lawyers and administratives. On the other hand, we have something we call the Mafia del ladrillo, which means "The Brick Maffia": the whole construction industry.

Building has always been one of the most important factions in Spain's economy. There is a lot of place for this matter (for instance, we are the third biggest country in Europe after Ukraine and France, although we have less population than Germany, the United Kingdom or Italy), and Spanish building enterprises like FCC, Dragados or ACS are fairly powerful within the world economy thanks to their new projects in South Europe, Asia and Latin America.

Now, what is the link between building and corruption if we're discussing this issue here? The answer is clear: local politicians and their misuse of power. The roots of this problem are located in the old Fascist dictatorship when mayors had no regular loans and used to earn their money by 'different means'. The following scene has been being too frequent in the past months: A rich construction tycoon goes to the mayor of a small village and promises him to make him richer and thus more powerful if he agrees to let part of the yet unconstructed surroundings of that village to the tycoon's company. Obviously, the mayor and his closest helpers agree to collaborate. Instead of going through the standard bureucratic obligations (taxes, acceptance of the terrain's aptitude for building by a governmental inspector, guaranteeing of water and electricity supply, etcetera), the village mayor decides "this land is mine", accepts the constructor's offer and signs the necessary papers with the security that an important amount of the benefits will be for him. Lots of these new buildings shall not have access to a nearby hospital or school, nor even to water supply, and they may destruct a nationally protected natural environment.

Unfortunately, these corruption cases almost always take place in small villages where the mayor has pseudo-absolute power by being protected by the villagers who are convinced of the fact that the building tycoon will boost their local economy, and they try to hide everything. However, when building corruption ('Spanish corruption') hits bigger towns (like the flagrant Marbella case, nicknamed Operación Malaya by the police), the responsible corrupts are usually captured and jailed.
06.03.2007 - 05:56
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Sunioj on 18.02.2007 at 16:31

The amount of taxes we have to pay is ridiculous, and a good portion of it goes to orthodox jews who dont work or support the country so that they can worship God or elohim.

This is really very sad... its almost like throwing away the money if it is given to someone (here, those jews) who doesn't actually deserve it.
----
06.03.2007 - 18:27
Sunioj

Written by Paganblood on 06.03.2007 at 05:56

The amount of taxes we have to pay is ridiculous, and a good portion of it goes to orthodox jews who dont work or support the country so that they can worship God or elohim.

This is really very sad... its almost like throwing away the money if it is given to someone (here, those jews) who doesn't actually deserve it.

I blame alot of the problems in Israel on the orthodox religious community...think if they all worked, studied, payed taxes, and werent so bloody sensitive to everything then this country would be alot less tense and even politically stable...the settlements wouldnt be there ( mostly ), the pro zionist fanatics would have no power. I think the double standards of how seculars have contribute to the country while those guys dont do anything because they are "religious" is chunk of crap.
07.03.2007 - 01:01
Kowalsky
Account deleted
In Italy corruption is a sort of law, many members of parlament are condamned for corruption, including the former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi

The basic problem, in my opinion, is that italians think that being smart is best than being honest. Well, have a businessman corrupted a judge to get the control of an industry that was owned by a competitor? WOW! He's the smarter person in the country! Let's make him prime minister.

But corruption infects not only politc, it's the law of everything. In north of Italy is very hard, for example, to study medicine if you are not reccomended by a certain catholic organization.

And the nroth has a good situation confronted to the sotuh. The Sicily's governor is gonna to be judged for aiding mafia. When a city elects an honest major he is constantly menaced

Italy is a funny place.
07.03.2007 - 01:49
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
here in portugal is hard to find some politic not corrupt most of them are being investigated for several crimes.
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
07.03.2007 - 05:15
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Sunioj on 06.03.2007 at 18:27

Written by Paganblood on 06.03.2007 at 05:56

I blame alot of the problems in Israel on the orthodox religious community...think if they all worked, studied, payed taxes, and werent so bloody sensitive to everything then this country would be alot less tense and even politically stable...the settlements wouldnt be there ( mostly ), the pro zionist fanatics would have no power. I think the double standards of how seculars have contribute to the country while those guys dont do anything because they are "religious" is chunk of crap.

It seems that those religious communities are alot responsible for problems (as such) in Israel... then I can imagine how the condition of religious discrimination would be there... is this also a problem there?
----
07.03.2007 - 18:45
Sunioj

The majority of Israel is secular and actually very liberal...but the religious community still has alot of influence on the country because the founders of the country and migrants from jewish communities around the world still have deep religious and zionist ideals. Which they all want this country to be a jewish state, since the disengagement and the gay parade, liberal/secular tax paying community have been seperated in opinion from the deeply zealous jewish community because of their extreme views and actions in the west bank and Israeli society ( concerning homosexuality, dismantling settlements, etc. )

So to sum it all, the religious community doesnt have much power outside Jerusalem but over here I feel that there is religious discrimination. Even on the bus on the way to work, women are seperated from men on the bus so women sit in the back. The religious jews attack policeman, protest, burn things, and declare 'curses' on the Israeli govt for supporting the gay parade....basically these are all things that reflect the religious communities downfall since no one wants to support them or tolerate them anymore.
18.03.2007 - 07:27
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Sunioj on 07.03.2007 at 18:45

The majority of Israel is secular and actually very liberal...but the religious community still has alot of influence on the country because the founders of the country and migrants from jewish communities around the world still have deep religious and zionist ideals. Which they all want this country to be a jewish state, since the disengagement and the gay parade, liberal/secular tax paying community have been seperated in opinion from the deeply zealous jewish community because of their extreme views and actions in the west bank and Israeli society ( concerning homosexuality, dismantling settlements, etc. )

So to sum it all, the religious community doesnt have much power outside Jerusalem but over here I feel that there is religious discrimination. Even on the bus on the way to work, women are seperated from men on the bus so women sit in the back. The religious jews attack policeman, protest, burn things, and declare 'curses' on the Israeli govt for supporting the gay parade....basically these are all things that reflect the religious communities downfall since no one wants to support them or tolerate them anymore.

so maybe it is difficult for other religions to exist there then?
----
18.03.2007 - 17:41
Sunioj

Yeah, well mainly difficult for religions to live together in tight areas like Jerusalem. Remember that Israel right now is predominantly secular, and when an Orthodox Jewish community is in close proximity with communities of other faiths ( Islam, Druze, ) thats when shit happens. the same applies for the dismantling of settlements, the temple mount and al aqusa, secular communities near religious communities.
24.03.2007 - 05:55
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
@Hellraizer: that's sad then...
----