08. Never Believed In Goodbye
09. Too Hot To Handle
10. Love's Gone
11. Snakeskin Voodoo Man [2008 re-release bonus]
12. Wild Fire Woman
13. Cry Forever
14. Haunting The Last Hours
15. Last Rose Of Summer
16. Snakeskin Voodoo Man [live] [acoustic rehearsal version] [2008 re-release bonus]
17. Jet Black [live] [acoustic rehearsal version] [2008 re-release bonus]
18. Purple Rain [live] [acoustic rehearsal version] [2008 re-release bonus]
19. Wildfire Woman [live] [acoustic rehearsal version] [2008 re-release bonus]

Additional info
Production:
David DeFeis - producer
Edward Pursino - producer
Chris Bubacz - producer

Additional Musicians:
Teddy Cook - bass on tracks 2, 5, 8, 9, 10, 12
Dave Ferrara - lead guitar on track 11

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 123 users
15.05.2012 - 02:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok (I did not lsietn 2008 re relise) but now I strat to belive this band is song band or some album, because this was week and diferent album, somehow going pop, hair, glam way trying be like Manowar to lil week, lil pop not metal or rock n roll, I dont wanna totaly reject album, same like non of band album, but I dont see this EPIC think ''wow this band is gods'' such attitude, some good albums, in each has great powerfull song , but it is it , but same way Im happy we havfe such band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.08.2019 - 10:00
Rating: 6
majormalfunction

This one has a pretty bad reputation but in fact it's not that bad. It's a bit too polished and has overall pretty horrible lyrics. But there's some fine wine to find here. Crown of Thorns is not that far from anything Virgin Steele would release on their following albums and Last Rose Of Summer is among David Defeis best ballads. It's mainly the second part of the album that has too many throw away tracks to really give it a good rating. But don't skip this one, however don't start your Virgin Steele journey either with it.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
06.09.2019 - 13:58
Rating: 4
Joppe
Steelemeister
Well, I guess it's not a total dogshite of an album. Still it's pretty bad IMO, and doesn't quite sound like the classic Virgin Steel either. There is a couple of songs that I find worthwhile and one of those is "Cry Forever", which was already on "AoC". And the other is "Crown Of Thorns" which is pretty good song, but nothing exceptional in VS standards.

Hence, if you dare to venture worth to listen to this album as whole I would encourage to check that your skip button is not malfunctioning, else this will be pain in the ass of a listen. I'm close to writing that the entire thing should be skipped, forgotten, ignored and never to be taken into consideration again if it should be listened. I'm not suggesting that, I'm suggesting a lesser approach which means skipping ~40 minutes of the album. May the skip skip be with ouy with this one.

One positive thing that I can come up here is that while this album is one of the weakest VS albums it gives a good contrast to Marriage 1 which is quite possible the best VS album ever.

Luckily, once again tomorrow is another day and it was a glorious one. It was so glorious that it makes Manowar's Into Glory Ride (and their other albums) seem not very glorious at all. Indeed, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell makes Manowar look like posers and wimps who should leave the hall, because they couldn't ever make such a true metal masterpiece of steel.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 6270 | This month: 11