10. Sane [demo]
11. Future Breed Machine [Mayhem version]
12. Futile Bread Machine [Campfire version]
13. Future Breed Machine [Quant's Quantastical Quantasm]
14. Future Breed Machine [remix]

Guest review by
Mechanist
Rating:
Just when you thought that the "grey goo" hypothesis was ludicrous, along comes Chaosphere, assembled by the technical masters, Meshuggah. Extremely influential in the metal scene, yet at the same time very underrated. Unparalleled visionaries, or maniacal lunatics? I'll leave it up to you to decide. In any case, you know as they say, "there's a fine line between genius and insanity"?

Read more ››
published 30.12.2010 | Comments (16)

Found in 21 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 607 users
16.05.2012 - 04:13
Rating: 10
infernaldeath87

This album is crazy good.
09.03.2013 - 02:36
Rating: 10
svartberger

This is to good to be true
08.05.2013 - 04:55
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I couldn't decide whether to rate this an 8 or a 9. On the one hand, this album is a bit samey, and the end of "Elastic" is drawn out, loud, and annoying. Still, that sameness can also be seen as an incredibly good consistency and focus. The whole album sounds ridiculously abrasive, stringent, and deranged, and doesn't ever vary to anything other than a constant assault on your mind and body.

Invariability and annoying outtro aside, this album is intensely enjoyable, so I'll have to give it somewhere around an 8.7ish and round that up to a 9 (votes are always subject to change, though).
----
21.10.2013 - 07:43
Rating: 9
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
This is definitely not an album for the faint of heart, it is quite literally what it says it is. It is definitely not as accessible or catchy as the previous album or later works like Koloss and Obzen, and is probably the most complex and impenetrable of all their albums. It is straight out brutality without any remorse as it pummels you to the ground a million times and then some. My rating has definitely increased for it as I give it more detailed listens to discover more of its true goodness. At first I thought it was alright, now it's one of my favorites from them overall. This is quite a crushing affair indeed.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).

Hits total: 11969 | This month: 22