04. Drowned In Gold
05. Waste For Ghouls
06. Awaken Horror Of Tuul
07. Brought Back
08. To Ride The Leviathan

Guest review by
Boxcar Willy
Rating:
Sludge is a genre that is really varied, it can take influences from 70's rock, like Baroness, or even black metal touches like Lurk, or Tort. One thing I have found is that there are not a lot of sludge death bands. Why not?

Because then there would be an overload of awesome.

Horn Of The Rhino (known as Rhino up until 2012, changed due to legal reasons) does exactly that, blends your trademark sludge with influences and techniques from good ol' death metal. You get blastbeats, pounding bass lines and riffs, the riffs man, the RIFFS! There are some guitar parts in here that made me blow my load, seriously for only being a trio, these guys can pump out the heavy.

Read more ››
published 25.05.2012 | Comments (16)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 93 users
16.05.2012 - 23:58
Rating: 9
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Amazingly good sludge.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.05.2012 - 12:07
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Like the artwork would suggest, penetrating. The vocals are beyond impressive.
18.05.2012 - 05:56
Rating: 8
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I told you so.....
----
rekt
22.05.2012 - 16:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I was going to come here and be all "I didn't really dig this" and stuff, but damn... this guy's vocals and the crushing music is too much even for me to hate on. Still not nearly the best release I've heard this year, but definitely something I can appreciate.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.05.2012 - 18:19
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.05.2012 at 16:40

I was going to come here and be all "I didn't really dig this" and stuff, but damn... this guy's vocals and the crushing music is too much even for me to hate on. Still not nearly the best release I've heard this year, but definitely something I can appreciate.

I know right?

This is one of the best sludge albums I've heard in a LONG time.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.02.2013 - 16:52
JD
Account deleted
Full of awesomeness
21.09.2014 - 17:53
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Took me a while to realize that that thing on the cover is some gorilla monster lookin thing with its dick hanging out
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
21.09.2014 - 17:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I noticed immediately but that's probably just because I'm a professional cock-watcher.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.07.2021 - 11:50
Rating: 8
Mehrad

Cock watcher huh ?
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.

Hits total: 4203 | This month: 17