Metal Storm logo
Martyr - Drummer Pat Hamelin Quits, Band On Hold

Drummer Patrice Hamelin has left Canadian technical death metallers Martyr and the band is currently on hold.

The following statement was issued on their official Facebook page: "Hi Everyone, after 14 years of great musical adventures, drummer Pat Hamelin has decided to leave the band Martyr due to personal reasons. We all wish him well."

"The remaining members of Martyr are unsure about the future of the band, as there has been a lot of undergoing tensions through the last years that was not taken care of, thus resulting in a frustrating negative vibe that would stagnate creativity and motivation. Martyr is on hold for now. More news to come later. Thanks for your support over all these years!"

[Thanks to !J.O.O.E.! for the tip!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Martyr
Posted: 17.05.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 71 users
17.05.2012 - 23:22
Rupert

Shite.
17.05.2012 - 23:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Quote:
...there has been a lot of undergoing tensions through the last years that was not taken care of, thus resulting in a frustrating negative vibe that would stagnate creativity and motivation.

I guess that explains why I've always thought these guys kind of suck. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.05.2012 - 23:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.05.2012 at 23:25

YOUR DOING IT WROGN. And their last album was nearly 6 years ago, I'd be surprised if they were referring back that far.

18.05.2012 - 00:13
TrollandDie

Written by Guest on 17.05.2012 at 23:58

YOUR DOING IT WROGN.

To be fair, I can see why they would be the target for a love/hate crowd.

I like them, but the hardcore-like vocals coupled with the relatively weak production (compared with Beyond Creation or Quo Vadis) could be a tipping-point for certain people. Still...tech-death is tech-death and when Canadian tech-death is on the table, then it's kind of hard to pass out.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
18.05.2012 - 00:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by TrollandDie on 18.05.2012 at 00:13

I like them, but the hardcore-like vocals coupled with the relatively weak production (compared with Beyond Creation or Quo Vadis) could be a tipping-point for certain people. Still...tech-death is tech-death and when Canadian tech-death is on the table, then it's kind of hard to pass out.

Well I don't like Warp Zone and am someone definitely sensitive to -core vocals in this kind of music, yet somehow here they don't bother me. The production does appeal to me though. Shiny production on tech-death is the biggest faux pas to me.
18.05.2012 - 00:23
TrollandDie

Written by Guest on 18.05.2012 at 00:16

Written by TrollandDie on 18.05.2012 at 00:13

Well I don't like Warp Zone and am someone definitely sensitive to -core vocals in this kind of music, yet somehow here they don't bother me. The production does appeal to me though. Shiny production on tech-death is the biggest faux pas to me.

Understandable too, although I'm the opposite. I like my production strong and thicker than butter. It differs from band to band but I feel that usually the shiny approach works better.

The only tech-death group I've seen 'non-shiny' work well for is Atheist, but even their classics could do with a major facelift. Coroner for ''RIP'' too (although they're more tech-thrash than tech-death).
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
18.05.2012 - 01:18
Schlagintweit

To say a band of this caliber "sucks" is darn right rude! Their musicianship was absolutely incredible. I've seen them here live 3 times and I was not disappointed by any means, even when they were missing a guitar player for one of the show's they were still awesome! There comes a time when politics and personal issues become the demise of a band...been through it a few times. I wish these guys well in future endeavors, hope to see them all resurface soon and I'm sure they will with Quebec's growing death metal scene

R.I.P. Martyr??
----
Paul "Greasy" Slaunwhite
18.05.2012 - 02:08
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Nooooooo
----
18.05.2012 - 07:49
btbamfan20

NOOOOOO!!!
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
18.05.2012 - 13:46
The Void

Oh fucking shit.
----
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream.
22.05.2012 - 01:55
Symmachus

Bummer about this happening to Martyr. They're a great band and I'm currently listening to a song of theirs.
23.05.2012 - 05:11
Grody2themax

Martyr is too fucking good to say they suck. Its not wank tech death like brain drill, but its some of the most complex music I've ever said. You can say you don't like them though. ;]

Yes, I'm a fanboy and proud.
23.05.2012 - 05:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Grody2themax on 23.05.2012 at 05:11
You can say you don't like them though. ;]

I can also say I think they suck.

Not a fan of Brain Drill either, and to be honest most tech-death doesn't do anything for me, but the vocals and production have always turned me off.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.05.2012 - 21:52
Grody2themax

Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.05.2012 at 05:14

Written by Grody2themax on 23.05.2012 at 05:11
You can say you don't like them though. ;]

I can also say I think they suck.

Not a fan of Brain Drill either, and to be honest most tech-death doesn't do anything for me, but the vocals and production have always turned me off.

Fair enough. Brain drill DOES actually suck though.
23.05.2012 - 21:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Grody2themax on 23.05.2012 at 21:52
Brain drill DOES actually suck though.

I can agree with that.
----
24.05.2012 - 00:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.05.2012 at 21:55

Written by Grody2themax on 23.05.2012 at 21:52
Brain drill DOES actually suck though.

I can agree with that.

I liked the song Joe posted (goes right to my list of shit I have to check out)... but seriously, fuck Brain Drill.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.05.2012 - 00:54
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Bah, Brain Drill is just too advanced for you all.

BD fo' lyfe bitchez
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.11.2013 - 00:45
qlacs
"The Quaker"
To me Warp Zone IS the fucking modern tech death masterpiece and milestone, like everything before was just experimentation with tech death. You can give me any names but DUDE it was released in 2000... No shit was that good those days...
----

Hits total: 5009 | This month: 6