Metal Storm logo
Six Feet Under - Recruit New Guitarist

US death metal ministers Six Feet Under have announced the addition of rhythm guitarist Ola Englund (Scarpoint) to their ranks. Englund, who will make his first official appearance with the band on the 18 Nights Of Blood Tour set to commence next month, takes the place of Rob Arnold.

Founding vocalist Chris Barnes said of the new recruit: "Ola is an amazing guitarist and was chosen for his superlative technique and style of playing. We believe he will be the perfect complement to Steve Swanson, and the devastating rhythm section that is Talley/Hughell. Steve, Kevin, Jeff and myself are so looking forward to Ola's entrance into the band upon the release of Undead and the commencement of our first tour next month with Dying Fetus and Revocation. We can't wait for you to witness the new killing machine that is Six Feet Under! Ola takes over duties for our good friend and death metal warrior Rob Arnold who will be retiring from touring but will remain a central writing partner and fellow collaborator on future SFU releases. We are all sad to not have Rob on the road with us, but are confidant and 110% psyched that Ola is now within the ranks of the Undead and will be ready to lay waste to every stop along the way! Hails!"

Englund added: "When I got the call from Chris, it felt unreal; first thing that popped up in my head was, 'why the hell did he want me - the total gear nerd from Sweden - to join his awesome band?' To be able to share the stage with one of the biggest icons in death metal and the other killer musicians in SFU is a complete honor and a dream come true for me. I couldn't be happier about the situation! Also the new album blew my mind the first time I heard it, it's intense as hell, but still has the riffs and the grooves that Six Fee Under swears by. Fans are going to love it! I'm looking forward to kick some serious ass together with Chris, Kevin, Steve and Jeff! See you on tour!"

Source: sfu420.com
Band profile: Six Feet Under
Posted: 23.05.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 33 users
24.05.2012 - 01:13
exomorphyx89

WTF! many line-up changes in a short time.
----
"Bang you head against the stage and metal takes its place..."
24.05.2012 - 01:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Meh, they'll probably sink back into mediocrity again after Arnold helped them release something better than average for once.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.05.2012 - 16:19
Br00tal Kid
Account deleted
Wtf, man? Why did he fucking leave the band? He and Talley were the new SFU >.<

Hits total: 3151 | This month: 6