Metal Storm logo
Belphegor - New Album Update

Austrian extreme metallers Belphegor have released the following update about the work on their new album: "On tuesday Serpenth (bass) and Marthyn (drums) will fly over to US shores to start the drum recordings on Wednesday. Erik Rutan (Mana studios/ Florida, St. Petersburg) will be at the helm as producer. The recording sessions and mix/ mastering process are set for completion by mid October."

Serpenth states: "All right, a new chapter. These are the last days before we hit the Mana studios in Florida. We're all set. The nine sound collages are faster and more aggressive than on the previous album, Blood Magick Necromance."

"The last rehearsals turned out fantastic. We get every arrangement to its highest audial potential. Added a lot of new haunting and compelling structures/ rhythm parts and tritones intervals: tones that were forbidden by the damn church in middle ages. We're on fire. Expect more shredding, more magick, more of everything", commented Helmuth.

"The release date of chapter #X is pushed back to January 2013 via Nuclear Blast Records, worldwide. During the last six day rehearsal sessions the band shot some original visual impressions."

"Belphegor will let you in on the progress being made and give you insight into the recording processes, reports will be posted on this site on a regular basis."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Belphegor
Posted: 26.05.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 98 users
26.05.2012 - 20:42
The Benighted
Erik Rutan is heading up production? Well it'll certainly sound heavy.
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
26.05.2012 - 21:12
a MasT
Written by The Benighted on 26.05.2012 at 20:42

Erik Rutan is heading up production? Well it'll certainly sound heavy.

And the guy has no shortage of work thats for sure.
26.05.2012 - 22:16
theFIST
Another rutan album?????
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
27.05.2012 - 00:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by theFIST on 26.05.2012 at 22:16
Another rutan album?????

Busy bee, that guy...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.05.2012 - 01:32
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Wow, I guess they finally realized that they weren't going any further with Andy Classen at the helm and switched over to "new" guy. Kool, actually looking forward to hearing some new material from them now...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

28.05.2012 - 23:36
Winterthrone
Actually the last album Blood Magick Necromance was produced by Peter Tatgren, not Andy Classen.
29.05.2012 - 04:18
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Winterthrone on 28.05.2012 at 23:36

Actually the last album Blood Magick Necromance was produced by Peter Tatgren, not Andy Classen.

Oh that's right, I remember reading that now when they first announced that album back in 2009 or 2010. Well in that case maybe changing producers again won't help them any more than last time. I've tried to get into Blood Magick Necromance several times and can never stay interested past the first couple songs, sounded like the same boring drivel they created for Walpurgis Rights so I pretty much gave up on Belphegor. I'll no doubt still check this out when it's released, just in case the combo of "taking a break" and getting Erik to produce was somehow able to get them back on track; but I'm certainly not expecting much from them after those last 2 borefests they called albums...
----

31.05.2012 - 01:32
Winterthrone
For my part, I didn't like Walpurgis Rites a lot (Just 2 songs caught my interest) but BMN still is in my playlist. In my opinion it was a nice return to the sopund that made them famous: Dark, Brutal yet deep and melodic at the same time...Plus, Peter Tatgren made them sound deeper and a tad more polished than Classen, which I liked a lot.
31.05.2012 - 08:56
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Winterthrone on 31.05.2012 at 01:32

For my part, I didn't like Walpurgis Rites a lot (Just 2 songs caught my interest) but BMN still is in my playlist. In my opinion it was a nice return to the sopund that made them famous: Dark, Brutal yet deep and melodic at the same time...Plus, Peter Tatgren made them sound deeper and a tad more polished than Classen, which I liked a lot.

Hmm...maybe I just didn't pay that close attention to BMN then since I initially thought it sounded like Walpurgis and you're telling me you felt it was a decent return to form with a little more depth and polish than Andy thanks to Peter. Seems like I need to dig that album out and take some time to really listen to it. And I hope after more dedicated inspection that I end up agreeing with you, lol, because Walpurgis made me very sad, and thinking that the mighty Belphegor was done made me even sadder...
----

Hits total: 3131 | This month: 7