Metal Storm logo
Flowing Tears (and Withered Flowers)

18.05.2006 - 23:09
Arwen

Why is the name in brackets? because in the beginning the real name of the band was Flowing Tears and Withered Flowers but as the name was too long the record company made the band unfortunately to change it. Though I must say the quality of their deep and sincere gothic music hasn't gone worse.
The band itself is german and was formed in the late 80s.They have given gigs all over the world by now and certainly they love their public

If you search a truthful gothic syphonic metal then you need to listen this masterband...Helen Vogt differs much from other female singers as her voice is really deep and tranquille, it makes you think of something beautiful at the same time dark , and as one of my friends said once :

you will find piece there...in embrace of their songs.
19.05.2006 - 13:57
Thryce
Retired Staff
Flowing Tears is an amzing Gothic band. I like their sound very much!
Their older sound was more depressing than their newer released (after 'Jade'). 'Jade' is a magnificant album. It has more tempo and songs are very energentic and have a nice atmopshere. My favourite song of that album is 'Sistersun'

As you may know, on October 20th of 2004 two founding members of Flowing Tears, Björn Lorson and Christian Zimmer, died in a car accident. RIP

@ Arwen : Their original band name - Flowing Tears And Withered Flowers - was used on their first two releases, Swansongs and Joy Parade
----
Your favorite band sucks.
19.05.2006 - 16:44
Arwen

Yes thank you my friend, you're absolutely right... the name was changed as they changed a record company to Century Media

Yes and their member really died and I was sad for weeks as I admired Zimmer's part in the band...
In the firts to I spoke about Helen Vogt but she's singing only on the Razorbliss..even better is the vocals of Stefanie Duchene who parted from FT in personal reasons...as the band didn't want to stop existing they took a new lead singer and I must say that thew choice was excellent though Stefanie is unfortunately unreplacable...The voice she had is most beautiful and calm I've ever heard.
19.05.2006 - 17:53
Stoemp

This band amazed me when I heard them 2 years ago. Helen's voice is not like anything you heard. She even poured out a short grunt on the gig I saw then. Very talented band. I hope they will come out with some new material soon.
19.05.2006 - 21:25
dagnytaggart
Account deleted
They're a very good band. I love the sound of Helen Vogt's voice (and Stephanie Duchene's too, but they sound the same so that's kind of a given) and the atmosphere they create with their music. The only problem I really have with them is that their lyrics have a tendency not to make any sense. "Merlin, the sea, lunar delight. Merlin, my dear uranium bride. Merlin, my birth, my solar grenade..." What the fuck does that mean? They're still a good band, even so.
06.08.2006 - 00:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know bouth(or one band)

Floweing treas & Withered Flowers - Acutaly I never hed hera them, I had read all lyrics and try get some sound sof band, but cant find, and probovbly lyricaly thay are better how Flowing tears, and probobly musicaly too also band manbvers locks more how metalheads and also I like more Stefanie how Helen, I mena how thay locks

Flowing Tears - I had hear sounds of them alos one album ''Razorbliss'' and I dont like it, band has changet lyricaly and musicicaly after change name to Flowing Tears, alos lyrics are cheeper, not so poetic, deem anymore, so Flowing Traers and Witthered Flowers if its be pool I wote for them
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.08.2006 - 17:06
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It is about time this band has a thread here. I actually started to listen to them a month ago, where I discovered their 2 first cds which where still under the name of Flowing Tears & Withered Flowers. Big, big cds! I don't know what I love the most, if it is the music or the lyrics. They are almost perfect. But I only have the first two cds. I dont have the cds after they were officially just Flowing Tears. I will buy them though because I think its worth while.

"Swansongs" its a masterpiece. One of the best gothic cds I ever heard.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.10.2006 - 00:53
Philaenas
Account deleted
I really like their music as it appeals to me in a few ways. The singer's voice is very nice and deep. Also the melodies and atmosphere of their songs is very cool. Great band!
16.04.2007 - 07:56
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Any one heard of anything regarding Flowing Tears? It's been ages since the band has offerred us news

I don't really know too much about their first 2 CDs, as they have proven impossible to find outside of poor mp3s (which I simply cannot stand to listen to), but I have a strong feeling that I will continue to enjoy their work beginning with "Jade" the most.

"Jade" has proven to be an endlessly satisfying disc, something that has rarely left my CD-changer in the past few years, though I find it difficult to choose between this CD, "Serpentine," and "Razorbliss." The song "Serpentine" is my favorite of the band - the lyrics are as personal as any song out there for me, filled with contidictions of positive and negative emotions!

"Razorbliss" was a bit of a hard sell for some older fans, but I've found it to be enjoyable in ways that just are not revolving around somber or sad moods - which I guess is not what the band was known for. I've never had a chance to see the band live, as they have never toured the US that I know of. Considering how long it's been since I've heard any news of a new CD for the band, I'd just be happy to hear they are still around!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
16.04.2007 - 10:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jason W. on 16.04.2007 at 07:56

Any one heard of anything regarding Flowing Tears? It's been ages since the band has offerred us news

I don't really know too much about their first 2 CDs, as they have proven impossible to find outside of poor mp3s (which I simply cannot stand to listen to), but I have a strong feeling that I will continue to enjoy their work beginning with "Jade" the most.

News well MA says thay are active, but seems thay belogns to those bands who are lost of society and live them own lifes, but after some yeras will recoredet something and after 2 yeras we see in MA new singe avalible in 2009 30th novembre in Germany

About early albums its not psoible get them only dounloud mp3 and I agree ist noty so good emotions and feelings how real CD but othewise its not posible get them

@BloodTears I agree whit youy early albums are awsome but early female vocalist and one mamber died in car accident
----

apos;'
[image]
16.04.2007 - 19:22
Bitch Boy

They have good sound and good lyrics, for me "Razorbliss" is their best album for me, Helen did a good job.
20.04.2007 - 21:45
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Bad English on 16.04.2007 at 10:34

News well MA says thay are active, but seems thay belogns to those bands who are lost of society and live them own lifes, but after some yeras will recoredet something and after 2 yeras we see in MA new singe avalible in 2009 30th novembre in Germany

About early albums its not psoible get them only dounloud mp3 and I agree ist noty so good emotions and feelings how real CD but othewise its not posible get them

@BloodTears I agree whit youy early albums are awsome but early female vocalist and one mamber died in car accident

oh, i didnt know she a member had died, who was it? thats terrible.
----

My Instagram
20.04.2007 - 21:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 20.04.2007 at 21:45

Written by Bad English on 16.04.2007 at 10:34

oh, i didnt know she a member had died, who was it? thats terrible.

I dont know names but 2 members one female vovalsit and iMO guitarist has died in car accident
----

apos;'
[image]
20.04.2007 - 22:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
After some research i did found who died. It was Björn Lorson (1994-2004) (R.I.P. - 10/20/04), a gutiar player and Christian Zimmer (1994-1997) (R.I.P. - 10/20/04), a drummer.
----

My Instagram
08.05.2007 - 12:53
Elodie Artour
Slania
I love them!Their music is just...beautiful and different.

I wish I could see them live one day...

btw,why has their previous female vocal left the band?
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
08.05.2007 - 13:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elodie Artour on 08.05.2007 at 12:53

I love them!Their music is just...beautiful and different.

I wish I could see them live one day...

btw,why has their previous female vocal left the band?

She died in car accident whit guitarist R.I.P.
----

apos;'
[image]
08.05.2007 - 13:28
Elodie Artour
Slania
So,there are three FT members who are dead,right?
----
08.05.2007 - 13:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elodie Artour on 08.05.2007 at 13:28

So,there are three FT members who are dead,right?

No 2
----

apos;'
[image]
08.05.2007 - 14:10
Elodie Artour
Slania
I'm totally confused now.Look at BloodTears' post.

"After the release of Serpentine,Stefanie Duchêne had to leave the band.Her pregnancy was incompatible with the high sights of the band."

This is what I found on the Internet.
----
11.05.2007 - 22:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
well according to what i read it was a drummer and a guitar player that died not a vocalist. I dont know.
----

My Instagram
14.05.2007 - 05:20
Bitch Boy

Happy birthday to Helen
14.05.2007 - 15:32
Elodie Artour
Slania
Oh,she has a birthday?I didn't know.(ashamed)

Happy birthday to Helen!
----
20.05.2007 - 21:12
Thryce
Retired Staff
Flowing Tears are confirmed for Belgium's Metal Female Voices Fest 5!! I had to read the newsletter I got today twice before I believed the news. Great addition to the already pretty awesome line up. And I'm of course very exited to see them there.

I'm still busy arranging a press accredition...But if I get it, expect a nice concert review with even nicer pics
----
Your favorite band sucks.
21.05.2007 - 01:50
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Thryce on 20.05.2007 at 21:12

Flowing Tears are confirmed for Belgium's Metal Female Voices Fest 5!! I had to read the newsletter I got today twice before I believed the news. Great addition to the already pretty awesome line up. And I'm of course very exited to see them there.

I'm still busy arranging a press accredition...But if I get it, expect a nice concert review with even nicer pics

I'd definitely like to read the review and of course see some new pictures! I hope you have the opportunity to do it - it feels like forever since I've seen some new pictures and updates on Flowing Tears
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
13.08.2007 - 22:34
Lupas
Maximus
Recently i have discovered this unrated metal Band . I like them , especial their music type. They have something different . I enjoy listening to Joy Parade (2004) album. I have listen a fracture of a song from this album and soon after i want to know more about this band.
Why they are so unrated and also their albums are hard to find
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
17.10.2007 - 08:34
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I just pre-ordered their new live CD! You can order it through their new record label (Lee of To-Mera is a part of this label) here. According to a blog left by To-Mera, the first 50 get a signed copy... sooo hopefully this will all work out and I will receive one within the month

Oh, and samples are on the webpage too....
----
08.11.2007 - 10:55
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Well, to reply to my own post above , I just got the new live album, "Invanity - Live In Berlin," yesterday in the mail! It's really good, and very relaxing and full of emotion. I also like hearing Helen announce the songs in German The cover of Slayer's "Dead Skin Mask" is very interesting... I was worried it would come off strangely, but seriously, it's great! It's been my favorite Slayer song for well over 10 years, so hearing such a different version certainly expands my vision of the song even more.

I'm not familiar with the original version of "The Weeping Song," but the duet between Helen and Johan of Tiamat sounds very balanced. My other choices for this CD are "Undying" and "Lovesong For A Dead Child." The CD booklet also features some personal commentary from the band members specifically about their experience recording the live show in Berlin, and it's an insight that so few bands ever offer into their music, at least so directly without an interview. I think they got a lot out of the recording too

The whole CD is much more somber than recent recordings, and I'd actually place the tempo closer to the "Jade" album moreso than "Razorbliss." Musically the band added several elements to their songs, not just toning them down for an accoustic set. Helen sounds very raw at times, and mesmerizing and polished in others. I wish more bands would do this type of album... it's so much more interesting to me than the typical orchestral versions bands seem to fall into!
----
08.11.2007 - 11:29
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Jason W. on 08.11.2007 at 10:55

Well, to reply to my own post above , I just got the new live album, "Invanity - Live In Berlin," yesterday in the mail! It's really good, and very relaxing and full of emotion. I also like hearing Helen announce the songs in German The cover of Slayer's "Dead Skin Mask" is very interesting... I was worried it would come off strangely, but seriously, it's great! It's been my favorite Slayer song for well over 10 years, so hearing such a different version certainly expands my vision of the song even more.

I'm not familiar with the original version of "The Weeping Song," but the duet between Helen and Johan of Tiamat sounds very balanced. My other choices for this CD are "Undying" and "Lovesong For A Dead Child." The CD booklet also features some personal commentary from the band members specifically about their experience recording the live show in Berlin, and it's an insight that so few bands ever offer into their music, at least so directly without an interview. I think they got a lot out of the recording too

The whole CD is much more somber than recent recordings, and I'd actually place the tempo closer to the "Jade" album moreso than "Razorbliss." Musically the band added several elements to their songs, not just toning them down for an accoustic set. Helen sounds very raw at times, and mesmerizing and polished in others. I wish more bands would do this type of album... it's so much more interesting to me than the typical orchestral versions bands seem to fall into!

Seems quite interesting I have put my order too thanks to you .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
13.11.2007 - 13:02
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Lupas on 08.11.2007 at 11:29

Well I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I am of course very biased! Now if only they had had a DVD release...
----
13.11.2007 - 19:43
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Jason W. on 13.11.2007 at 13:02

Written by Lupas on 08.11.2007 at 11:29

Well I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I am of course very biased! Now if only they had had a DVD release...

Could be just fantastic !
----