Blind Guardian
Anaal Nathrakh
Emperor
Borknagar
Therion
Iced Earth
Kamelot
Epica

For some (mostly my absolute favorites) I want to get ALL their releases and see how they progressed over the years (Blind Guardian is, IMO, a perfect example of this), however, some bands (Iced Earth's SOmething WIcked pt. 1 & 2) have released some real stinkers.

Page 3 of 3

Lião

21.10.2013 at 19:42
Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.07.2013 at 11:13

This is what I do as well. For instance, I got the whole Amon Amarth discography, even The Crusher, which sucks.

I dare you to find the Scum demo...
God of shadows

21.10.2013 at 23:16
Since I most of the time find myself liking the whole discography I rarely have a problem wanting to get the whole of it, and for me that includes the studio albums, the demos and the eps, and maybe also a single, if the song on it doesn't appear in any other physical copy. And since I recently began to collect vinyl, I just trying to get all the different vinyls there is of the bands I enjoy listening to.
But it is indeed very hard when you like many hundred bands and your income isn't that big, so sometimes you have to choose between which albums you're gonna buy :/ But for my favourite band I'm going to buy all of their stuff they have: cds, vinyls, cassettes, t-shirts and all other kind of stuff they will release/sell ^^

Often though I don't care about compilations, best of, singles and most cloths(except for tees and zippers/hoodies), because I don't really care about that stuff. Re-issues can be of some worth, depending on the situation, what it has to offer(if there is bonus songs) or if it is a limited one. I have to admit I love limited edition of things.

I think I covered all of the different things.
----
"Everything will be ok
I'll just sit down and watch some bullshit"
-Acrania
no one

22.10.2013 at 08:20
I'm trying to get the discogaphy of Paysage D'hiver and Hypothermia at the mo.
Fuck some of the Paysage D'hiver albums are ridiculously over priced....but i just gotta get em.
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

29.10.2013 at 03:38
For about a week I had every Motorhead album. Then the new one came out.
----
GO THE SHARKS!

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "How does he know what I'm thinking?" Well I know everything, and so does your internet service provider."
chronic-headache

29.10.2013 at 03:55
Just became interested in Septic Flesh. Loving what I hear off the last 3 albums, and am considering getting all of at once right now
Jtbmetal123

30.10.2013 at 14:48
Im trying to collect my absolute favorite bands discographies. I think after that, im not sure. i think I will still keep going.
Joodicator

14.11.2013 at 19:46
I've never completed a discography (actually, that's a lie, I just collected Schaliach's entire one-album discography!), and I never really try to. That said, in some cases I've accidentally managed to acquire the majority of a band's discography and been tempted to finish the collection just for the sake of it.

The best example is Anathema. I first bought WHBWH in 2010 as a somewhat blind buy and absolutely loved it. Then later on, Peaceville were having a sale, so I bought The Silent Enigma and Eternity since I didn't know if I'd ever find them that cheaply again (I would; I was a bit naive though). I got Weather Systems when it came out because I really liked it. And recently, I found Judgement/AFDTE/A Natural Disaster all for £10, and I couldn't say no to that offer, especially for such excellent albums. So, without really trying, I've got 7 out of Anathema's 9 full-lengths and I almost want to get Serenades/Alternative 4 just to complete the set.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
DyingWorld

17.11.2013 at 03:18
Not at all, I try to buy albums that won't collect dust. I'm very picky about what I buy, partly because I'm so broke.
no one

17.11.2013 at 03:39
Written by DyingWorld on 17.11.2013 at 03:18

Not at all, I try to buy albums that won't collect dust. I'm very picky about what I buy, partly because I'm so broke.

yeah i'm a bit like that now, i'm going to try and only collect vinyl that i think is very special to me. Not enough cash to just collect randomly to make up a discography
ANGEL REAPER

17.11.2013 at 15:23
The title still cracks me up ... ""How anal are you... "
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
no one

17.11.2013 at 19:23
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 17.11.2013 at 15:23

yeah i used to find the word "anal" funny, but it seems to be commonly used these days...or maybe i grew up, one or the other
ANGEL REAPER

17.11.2013 at 19:27
Written by no one on 17.11.2013 at 19:23

yeah i used to find the word "anal" funny, but it seems to be commonly used these days...or maybe i grew up, one or the other

say the man who posted that abomination of comic in funny stuff thread
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
no one

17.11.2013 at 19:33
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 17.11.2013 at 19:27

Written by no one on 17.11.2013 at 19:23

say the man who posted that abomination of comic in funny stuff thread

must have been the other then
Ancient Dreams

27.11.2013 at 16:39
If a band has one naff album in between a load of great ones, I tend to pick it up just to complete the collection. But if a band dies off musically (for instance I can't stand Metallica after Justice) then I just leave it at that.
deadone
Mainstream Poser

09.12.2013 at 01:39
I used to be anal until Megdaeth released Risk.

I just couldn't bare having that piece of shit in my collection so I got rid of it.

Now I don't care for whole discographies and only get albums if I like them (thank the heavens for Youtube).
Skl3ros

13.12.2013 at 14:07
Mainly I have every album from the bands that I started listening metal to simply because I could listen to the same band for months back then, so I was interested in everything I could find from a band I liked no matter how different their stuff was. not gonna state them here though since I'm kinda ashamed of those lol.
----
imo.
DaveBarlow

24.12.2013 at 21:24
I'm not anal but mainly because i'm a cheapskate

to be fair, If I was rich I probably would be anal about it
Infernal Eternal

21.01.2014 at 15:17
Written by Lião on 21.10.2013 at 19:42

Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.07.2013 at 11:13

This is what I do as well. For instance, I got the whole Amon Amarth discography, even The Crusher, which sucks.

I dare you to find the Scum demo...

Well, I own all the full lengths! Actually, I've searched for the demo and found a guy who wasn't willing to sell it...
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Login or register to post here.