01. Heard It Through The Rape Vine
02. Chemical Handcuffs
03. Well Hungover
04. Heels Up
05. Trucker Bombed
06. Assisted Living Lapdance
07. Obestiality
08. Ride Johnny Ride

Sexcrement? Really? No shitty grindcore band has thought of this yet? The surprises just keep coming; surprise #2; This isn't grind. Surprise #3; this doesn't suck.

The band name, the song names, the cheap looking album cover...everything seemed lined up for one of those talentless, comedic grindcore type deals. Instead, Sexcrement play this really wretched, scrappy sounding death metal. Sloppy Seconds, despite the name, is actually really fresh sounding. It's got that stripped-down, gritty charm, but where this bands main strength lies is the way it jumps from one infectious rhythm-riff pairing to another. It's unpredictable, yet still really, really catchy. Sexcrement managed to find that nice balance between psychotic aggression and accessibility.

Don't let the presence of those rampant change-ups fool you; this is not a technical death metal album. In fact, this might just be one of the most primal sounding bands out there today. Raw and unrestrained with a distinct focus on rhythmic patterns so delightfully connectable they almost sound tribal at times.

It's all a shame really. This is a fun little band who may have left themselves out of some deserved exposure due to the goofiness of the whole package (name & image wise). It would be nice to see a band this fun and enjoyable be taken seriously as a musical entity, that probably won't happen, sadly. Fuck it, though. Sexcrement managed to come up with some imagery that properly reflects their quirkiness and D.I.Y. feel, even if it isn't the least horrendous thing on the planet.

Written on 29.05.2012 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 196 users
29.05.2012 - 12:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Consider me interested. Will check it out. Nice review!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.05.2012 - 18:26
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Wretched and scrappy DM? Count me in.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.05.2012 - 20:04
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
I totally feel ya on the name, title, and album cover. I'm only gonna check this out due to the good review. (I almost want to merely download it just so I don't have to look at that ridiculous cover...and I'm not all for that sorta thing!)
29.05.2012 - 21:02
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Sexcrement? Like excrement wasn't gross enough.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.05.2012 - 21:23
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Hmm.. Interesting. May check this out.
29.05.2012 - 22:31
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Yes this is really nice.. really enjoyable album...8.5/10
30.05.2012 - 00:55
0mn1v0r3

They're from the next state over from me. Their debut is awesome though I haven't heard this one yet. Botched boob job is sooo good. Being to "sophisticated" to like this just makes you stuck up. This music is great and the humor is great, especially the samples. Its like if Goratory slowed the fuck down and Pungent stench without the shitty vocals. Groovy Death metal that isn't just a cacaphony is a rare gem and I'm glad people are actually talking about this band.
30.05.2012 - 01:55
Fat & Sassy!

Why is David Bowie on this album cover? ._.
30.05.2012 - 05:13
infernaldeath87

I love this band. I found out about them from Abnormality!

Hits total: 4178 | This month: 5