Metal Storm logo
Dark Lunacy

09.11.2006 - 17:21
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Dark Lunacy... an italian band who plays high-quality music: symphonic-melodic death metal, with impressive arrangements, deep wonderful lyrics, especially about historical and inner themes...
In my opinion it's a great band, and I wanna know yours...
Do you know them?
Do you like them? Why?
Discuss!

----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
09.11.2006 - 17:55
Danigar
I love this band! The first time I heard Devoid I was so blown away! Those arrangements, the folk elements and all the elements that you mencioned, that make this such a special band in my opinion. I own the three albums, but judging by the pictures are the more? or they are just EPs? My favourite may be the first Devoid, but I surely love the other ones as well. What do you think about the last one, is still very symphonic and stuff, but I missed a lot the violin they used in the other two albums. But I think is agreat album nonetheless.
09.11.2006 - 18:10
Syrack
Account deleted
I heard that last release of theirs and I'll say nothing approving for the band, I just can't stand it...
the classical parts are disgusting. This band is zero in comparison with Haggard.
09.11.2006 - 18:15
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I think that the last album is the best... The orchestral arrangements (I miss violin too, but here it's complete!), the great riffs, the wonderful lyrics and the incredible concept about the Leningrad siege in the 2nd world war... everything is great! But also the other two albums are amazing...
The other pics are the first 2 EPs, a promo and a split-album with Infernal Poetry.
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
10.11.2006 - 19:00
Danigar
Ah ok yeah, I think is great too I have to listen to it more, I find the concept very interesting too. Syrack I think the comparison to Haggard is not umm very accurate, they are totally different bands imo, the symphonic elements are there, and the growls, but I think they're still different. DL emphatizes more in death, or melodic death for that matter. Oh I love both anyway :
25.03.2007 - 22:20
Bash'
:)
Good work, I only have the latest album .. good good ..

But sometimes I just feel they do play the none-expected part .. I dunno if I send the idae right .. but I mean sometimes the flow of music don't come easy as you expect and want ..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
17.12.2007 - 00:46
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i love the combination of violin and brutal guitars and vocals, its orignal and extremely awesome Dolls is such a fantastic song!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
26.02.2009 - 16:27
ms68
You should check out mors principium est. this band has a lot of similarity with Dark Lunacy
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
28.02.2009 - 15:27
Sick Girl
I love this band! The first song I heard was "Serenity". All their music sounds really powerful.