Metal Storm logo
Frantic Amber won the Swedish Wacken Metal Battle 2012

Original post

Posted by Samedi, 02.06.2012 - 12:30
Frantic Amber won the Swedish heats of Wacken Metal Battle 2012th On site was a professional jury consisting of persons engaged in the music industry and headed by President Ida Evileye (Crucified Barbara). Motivation is as follows:

"Extremely compelling, inspiring, energetic and with a grim matter of course, this band completely run over us in the jury! I myself have been a bit of a fan since a year back when I heard this band for the first time.

1st prize is to get to play on the WET Stage at Wacken Open Air in Germany, August 2012. Wacken Open Air is the world's biggest metal festival drew more than 75 000 visitors last year.

06.06.2012 - 10:32
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by M C Vice on 03.06.2012 at 12:46
I was just saying that I do look for the term "female fronted" cause I like the female voice in music, clean or harsh (although, with any vocalist, it depends on the voice). The instrumentalists are irrelivent(?). Would Samantha Escarbe's guitar playing sound any different if she were a dude?
PS: clearly, spelling isn't my strong suit.

Yep, I pretty much agree with your reasoning there. There is definitely more of an actual use for the term "female fronted", as women's voices are different to men's. Aside from in a very tiny amount of gutteral female vocalists where you can't really tell the the difference. It is irrelevant for instrumentalists, as a woman's guitar, drum, or bass playing doesn't sound any different from a man's. If someone heard me sing, they'd know automatically I'm female. If someone heard me play guitar without seeing who it was playing, nobody would be able to tell if it was a woman or a bloke playing. lol

Nah, your spelling is fine.

Written by Misfit74 on 05.06.2012 at 19:37
Coincidence? I think not.

Coincidence? I think definitely so.
06.06.2012 - 11:16
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.06.2012 at 15:11

Then again... I probably don't understand this issue AT ALL since I have a little Rodrigo (I call it Lil' Rod) in my pants.

Hmmm I hope you were joking

Anyway I don't think its a problem mentioning that its an all female or female fronted metal band, like Troy said, its still not normal to see it. The same way people make a big deal about "indian" metal bands.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
06.06.2012 - 17:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.06.2012 at 10:32
It is irrelevant for instrumentalists, as a woman's guitar, drum, or bass playing doesn't sound any different from a man's.

Agree 100%.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.06.2012 - 03:20
Misfit74

Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.06.2012 at 17:22

Written by Angelic Storm on 06.06.2012 at 10:32
It is irrelevant for instrumentalists, as a woman's guitar, drum, or bass playing doesn't sound any different from a man's.

Agree 100%.

FWIW, I didn't know at first that Abnormality had a female singer before making up my mind that I liked their music. Once you know you can listen for it, of course. I think she does a great job and fits what they do sound-wise seamlessly (no pun intended). The point being that my initial attraction to the band had nothing to do with having a female singer.
07.06.2012 - 11:54
IronAngel

I don't have great passions about the gender attitude issue, myself. But I have to point something out: you dismiss possible hidden inequalities and attitudes by simply stating there are fewer females in metal and that's a neutral fact. But why is that? Surely the current state of affairs is a direct result of the way boys and girls are socialized to be adult men and women. Any attempt to naturalize different preferences between men and women ("they're just different") is just an attempt to conceal the artificial generation of the sex-gender construct.

So yes: it's probably pointed out because it's unusual. But the fact that it is unusual in the first place attests to archaic attitudes that brought about the situation.

I'm not sure why it's news that a metal band won a metal contest, though. O_o
07.06.2012 - 16:56
FOOCK Nam

Are the the first all female metal band won in- for playing at Wacken ?
07.06.2012 - 23:20
psykometal
A staff guy...
I keep seeing "all female band", did no one notice that the drummer is a dude?
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

09.06.2012 - 00:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by IronAngel on 07.06.2012 at 11:54

I don't have great passions about the gender attitude issue, myself. But I have to point something out: you dismiss possible hidden inequalities and attitudes by simply stating there are fewer females in metal and that's a neutral fact. But why is that? Surely the current state of affairs is a direct result of the way boys and girls are socialized to be adult men and women. Any attempt to naturalize different preferences between men and women ("they're just different") is just an attempt to conceal the artificial generation of the sex-gender construct.

So yes: it's probably pointed out because it's unusual. But the fact that it is unusual in the first place attests to archaic attitudes that brought about the situation.

That is absolutely correct.
28.01.2015 - 11:33
Samedi

Frantic Amber won the Sweden Rock Festival competion and are performing at Sweden Rock Festival 2015

Frantic Amber Channel 'The Walking Dead' And 'Carrie' In "Burning Insight" Video! - Bloody Disgusting.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3314669/frantic-amber-channel-walking-dead-carrie-burning-insight-video/

https://www.facebook.com/franticamber
29.01.2015 - 17:52
Nucky

Hot chicks playing melodic death metal.. Love it!
06.03.2016 - 16:46
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Why did I know in advance that the word "female" would be the center of the discussion when I read the thread title and saw the number of posts in it?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
06.03.2016 - 17:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 06.03.2016 at 16:46

Why did I know in advance that the word "female" would be the center of the discussion when I read the thread title and saw the number of posts in it?

I think this title can be changed to simply band name
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.03.2016 - 18:07
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 06.03.2016 at 17:28

Written by Karlabos on 06.03.2016 at 16:46

I think this title can be changed to simply band name

yep

..which isn't even in the title to begin with =D
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei