Metal Storm logo
Deicide - Victims Of Vandalization

Official press release:

In an unexplained act of vandalism on November 8th at The Galaxy Theater in Santa Ana, California, Deicide fell victim to vandalism of their personal property. During Deicide's set a member of the opening band, California black metal outfit Amon Isis, vandalized Deicide'S prep room - subsequently damaging the band's personal property as well as the club's property. Deicide will be following up with legal action against this individual, as will the management of The Galaxy Theater. Soldiering on, Deicide will be wrapping up the U.S. end of the tour with Desolation and entering the Mexican leg of the tour in late-November.

UPDATE:
The Gauntlet has received the following statement from Amon Isis:

"To whom it may Concern,

We would like top take the time to clarify and apologize for any misunderstandings that took place on November 8th, 2006 at the Galaxy Theatre this past Wednesday.

There have been rumors and mixed up stories of Amon Isis vandalizing Deicide and Galaxy Theatre private property. Amon Isis has always, and will continue to respect every band and venue that forms part in our performances. Unfortunately we cannot say the same for crazed fans and pupils, or situations caused by people outside the Amon Isis band members.

It has been brought to our attention that a certain pupil who is an extreme Deicide and Amon Isis fan caused quite a disturbance the night of 11-8-06. After undergoing some serious investigation, Amon Isis has been informed of the series of events that took place that night.

Apparently a Deicide/Amon Isis fan, which had a high level of alcohol in his system, lacked self control and discipline. In the mist of commotion and impaired judgment, mistakes that cannot be taken back were made. Accusations were made that Amon Isis band members were responsible for the vandalism made.

Amon Isis band members never saw first hand the damages that were made. Although such accusations are not true, we wanted to apologize for any damages made by crazed fans that supported Amon Isis that night.

We feel embarrassed for the misunderstanding of this situation, but compelled to clarify the occurrence of this night. Our utter and most sincere apologies go out to Deicide and the Galaxy Theatre for any inconveniences caused by this misunderstanding. We have nothing but respect and appreciation for the opportunity given to us to play with such a great band and venue.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely, Amon Isis"

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Deicide
Posted: 10.11.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 13 users
10.11.2006 - 17:01
Stigmatized
Isn't Amon Isis haunted_SHORES brother's band?
10.11.2006 - 17:30
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I wonder what made the guy do that.
10.11.2006 - 22:14
jadawal

he might of had a valid reason....but maybe not haha
10.11.2006 - 22:18
Thryce
Retired Staff
Story got updated...
----
Your favorite band sucks.
10.11.2006 - 23:15
wrathchild

Written by Stigmatized on 10.11.2006 at 17:01

Isn't Amon Isis haunted_SHORES brother's band?

Yep, as written in this thread:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1445
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
11.11.2006 - 13:11
Mr Heartbreaker
Account deleted
Deicide still sucks either way. And not just slightly
11.11.2006 - 14:01
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Alcohol can make people do things they might not do normaly. Example; it can make me not be able to stand properly

Lol, but seriously, lucky Amon Isis had been cleared of doing the damages.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
12.11.2006 - 00:03
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Whoa!! I didn't know this make such big news!! I coudn't make it to that show but I know the guy who did that! My brother told me that the guitarist of Deicide told him to "F*ck off!" after he asked them to play a song, so he went backtsage and trashed their room. This had NOTHING to do with Amon Isis.

On the bright side, they get free publicity.:)
12.11.2006 - 00:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Damn, this is just smelly. Why the fuck do a thing like that?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.11.2006 - 07:11
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Yeah, atleast its free publicity. Actually i saw Amon Isis' topic in the Promotion and Ads forum here, dont think i would have checked it out if i hadnt read about the band here first
----

Hellcunt Smurf
12.11.2006 - 08:36
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
Deicide sucks anyway, they didnt want to play here cuz they feared someone do something to them, they fear the mexican fans, that fucking sucks, and if they dont please the fans, then fuck off
13.11.2006 - 12:40
lordz
IzZo
thats so funny....
17.11.2006 - 18:44
Mr Heartbreaker
Account deleted
Why steal Deicide merch anyway? Who would buy it? People with no ears?
21.11.2006 - 20:42
Basso
Account deleted
I would love to buy it, but I have other cds on top of them in my priority list. And to inform you I actually have two ears.
27.11.2006 - 21:12
KrÖw
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.11.2006 at 13:11

okay you can start talking shit once you can sing and play like Glen Benton, once you can play like they can thats when you can talk shit
27.11.2006 - 21:51
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Guest on 27.11.2006 at 21:12

okay you can start talking shit once you can sing and play like Glen Benton, once you can play like they can thats when you can talk shit

That argument is damn stupid. 50% of all nu metal bashers probably don't even know how to hold a guitar, but no one blames them for mindlessly bashing other bands. According to your argumentation NOT ONE reviewer giving low marks to Dream Theater or Yngwie Malmsteen would have the right to do so. The thing is that it isn't the job of a reviewer to play as good as Yngwie, but to evaluate his playing. It's no different bad-mouthing other bands when you ain't got a clue about playing guitar or growling.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
27.11.2006 - 22:06
KrÖw
Account deleted
Written by Promonex on 27.11.2006 at 21:51

That argument is damn stupid. 50% of all nu metal bashers probably don't even know how to hold a guitar, but no one blames them for mindlessly bashing other bands. According to your argumentation NOT ONE reviewer giving low marks to Dream Theater or Yngwie Malmsteen would have the right to do so. The thing is that it isn't the job of a reviewer to play as good as Yngwie, but to evaluate his playing. It's no different bad-mouthing other bands when you ain't got a clue about playing guitar or growling.

okay I am fucking confused, what does Deicide have to do with Nu Metal, but really you confused the fuck out of me because there was no Nu Metal bashing anywhere
27.11.2006 - 22:23
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Guest on 27.11.2006 at 22:06

okay I am fucking confused, what does Deicide have to do with Nu Metal, but really you confused the fuck out of me because there was no Nu Metal bashing anywhere

I was just referring to the kind of stuff which is generally accepted throughout the "tr00" metal community; but that was just the first sentence. The core of my message was about critics in general: everyone is entitled to have an opinion, no matter whether the person knows shit about playing or singing.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
27.11.2006 - 22:25
KrÖw
Account deleted
Written by Promonex on 27.11.2006 at 22:23

Written by Guest on 27.11.2006 at 22:06

I was just referring to the kind of stuff which is generally accepted throughout the "tr00" metal community; but that was just the first sentence. The core of my message was about critics in general: everyone is entitled to have an opinion, no matter whether the person knows shit about playing or singing.

well the dudes profile says he sings
28.11.2006 - 01:53
Mr Heartbreaker
Account deleted

Glad to find that there is someone around here who has noticed this besides myself! Very nicely said.

And yes... I do sing, probably better than Deicide's singer... but then again, he doesn't actually "sing" so I guess i wouldn't know.

Anyway, i just got through arguing why Cannibal Corpse sucks, I don't need to be involved in an argument over another useless band... so just forget that i stated my opinion, k?
10.03.2008 - 19:54
Nyxgrinder

This is so funny, a basher band being bashed.......a band who couldn't stand a victym like jesus is now a victym......

Make the motherfucker pay..........do not mess with Deicide
to breack other's stuff is so childish

Hits total: 3135 | This month: 6