Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost - Drummer To Miss Some Shows, Replacement Announced And Greatest Hits Sampler Online

Adrian ''The Swede'' Erlandsson, Paradise Lost's drummer, will not be performing on a couple of their upcoming shows. He will be replaced by Jeff Singer. The band posted the following: "Due to diary clashes we are sorry to say Adrian Erlandsson won't be playing with the band when they appear at Costa De Fuego on the 20th July, and also Wacken on the 4th August. However we didn't want to let anyone down, so we are pleased to welcome back the lovely Jeff Singer as special guest drummer for both these shows!"

Jeff had this to say: "Really looking forward to getting back in the driving seat with my PL pals for a couple of shows. I was really pleased to be asked and am currently removing the cobwebs before winding the shit out of Holmes for a couple of weeks. Bring on the inconvenient flights and expensive airport food. I can't wait. The 'Moanometer' is being charged. See you on the road!"

In other news, six Paradise Lost albums will be re-issued by The End Records on August 28th and to celebrate that, Century Media has put together a free 13-track "greatest hits" sampler (limited to 4,400 downloads) featuring one track from each of Paradise Lost's albums and artwork by Anthony Clarkson, which you can stream and download exclusively at MetalSucks.

Lost In Time tracklist:

01. Our Saviour [Lost Paradise, 1990]
02. Eternal [Gothic, 1991]
03. As I Die [Shades Of God, 1992]
04. True Belief [Icon, 1993]
05. Hallowed Land [Draconian Times, 1995]
06. Say Just Words [One Second, 1997]
07. Nothing Sacred [Host, 1999]
08. Mouth [Believe In Nothing, 2001]
09. Erased [Symbol Of Life, 2002]
10. Forever After [Paradise Lost, 2005]
11. The Enemy [In Requiem, 2007]
12. Faith Divides Us [Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us, 2009]
13. Honesty In Death [Tragic Idol, 2012]

[Also thanks to Faithless Martyr for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Paradise Lost
Posted: 09.06.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 77 users
09.06.2012 - 14:38
Slayer666

Meh, lousy track selection on this Lost in Time thingy.
09.06.2012 - 16:01
Chidder

Free best of? Why not. Already downloading
09.06.2012 - 17:28
Slyfang

This really isn't a "Best Of", more like a retrospective
10.06.2012 - 12:01
NeverAgain

You know you've reached a new level of cynical when you complain about a FREE service.

Plus, the track listing is really not bad. It means nothing to existing Paradise Lost fans but this 'Best of' is a perfect entry point for anyone who wants to check them out. Furthermore, said new fan can pinpoint exactly which era or style she/he prefers, considering the band has changed so much over the years.

I can't see how anyone who likes PL can argue that this is not a good selection of songs:

Our Saviour - I'm not a fan of this album, but this is one of its better tracks
Eternal - Good song
As I Die - Classic PL
True Belief - Classic PL
Hallowed Land - Classic PL
Say Just Words - Best song of the album
Nothing Sacred - One of the best tracks on the album (which was awesome)
Mouth - Best song on an otherwise crappy album
Erased - Great song
Forever After - OK song
The Enemy - Good song
Faith Divides Us - Great song
Honesty In Death - Great song

Hits total: 3967 | This month: 4