Metal Storm logo
Adema - related to Korn

18.05.2006 - 23:41
Arwen
NU metal and hmm guess what The vocals Chavez is the brother of Jonathan Davis whom you all know from KORN.

So I must say that the link between brothers is obveiously seen. Their vocals are similar (though there are some oppositions to this opinion ). In general those who listen KORN like ADEMA too. Simple though freesingly good nu metal. They aren't so popular yet but I thik soon they will be. They have released four albums ( Planets, Insomniac's Dream, Adema and Unstable ) and gradually taken their aim on heavy metal from light rock.

Those who haven't heard yet have to hear it...otherwise you will not know how sings Davis' Brother (Joke)
Just that the band is really good and even not less than KORN. I've seen them both live and I honoustly can't say which one is better...it's your turn to deceide and give your opinions...
19.05.2006 - 03:52
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
Ah, Adema, I used to listen to them. As I saw it they were pretty popular with their first album and I haven't heard much about them after that, but. Tell me, have they improved and/or changed? Not to say they were bad...They were quite catchy but not spectacular. They were something I liked before moving on to bigger things.
19.05.2006 - 12:47
Arwen
heh firstly I thout that it was shit as well but then I started to listen to it closely and finally I started to like it...now I listen them every day...

@Proud Autumn: Yes they've changed, as I said in the first top They've moved on to the bigger scene...that means it's not light rock anymore but can be compared easily with KORN...Chavez said that KORN or his elder brother then has influenced him deeply...

So try to listen their newest work and I assure you, you will like it even more...IMO the best album is Insomniac's Dream though I like Unstable as well
10.06.2006 - 15:04
Lupas
Maximus
I think that Chavez is actually the brother in law of Jonathan Davis. Yeah agree with you that they both have some sound and same voice.
Right now i don't remember which song that have Chavez in the soundtrack of Queen of the Damnated , that first heard him off and i like his songs too
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
23.06.2006 - 21:26
Sulfur91
Account deleted
Written by Lupas on 10.06.2006 at 15:04

I think that Chavez is actually the brother in law of Jonathan Davis. Yeah agree with you that they both have some sound and same voice.
Right now i don't remember which song that have Chavez in the soundtrack of Queen of the Damnated , that first heard him off and i like his songs too

I think that song was called System.
23.06.2006 - 21:31
_HIV_
actully hes his halfbrother ... and adema kinda suxx but i did listen to it
28.06.2006 - 23:36
X-FrEaK
i own the selftitled and the unstbale albuns...
i only like the self titled
----
29.06.2006 - 06:00
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I've liked Adema from the 7th grade! Really awesome radio rock band...and they have like rediculously low tuned guitars [baritones at dropped A I believe].
10.12.2006 - 02:25
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Not a bad band, when "Unstable" came out I really listened to it constantly, particularly "Rip The Heart Out Of Me". I lost some interest in Adema, but I'd definitely listen to their songs again if I could find my copy I agree that you can make some comparisons with Korn, kind of cool you've seen both bands live in the same night.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
10.12.2006 - 04:15
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I find Adema pretty enjoyabvle. About KoRn., well, I know their singles, you know, ADIDAS, freak on a leash, Falling away from me...

Well, I have the irst Adema albums, Adema, insomniac'0s Dream and Unstable. I don't have any KoRn album, I hae the aforementioned songs. There can be some common points, but not to make a comparisson.

BTW, what can you tell me about Adema's new album, Planets, should I get (download) it? Is it similar to the previous ones?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
10.08.2007 - 14:43
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.12.2006 at 04:15

I copied Planets onto my computer one day my nü-loving best friend was over here, and I've kept 13 of the 16 tracks - half of them rated 5 out of 5 stars, which is pretty good for a band like this. The last track is a good cover of Metallica's Thing That Should Not Be which I like way more than the original (easily my most hated 80s Metallica song). Enter the Cage, Until Now, Refusing Consciousness and Vikraphone are other highlights for me as well as Better Living through Chemistry (though not as good as the QotSA song of the same name )... bear in mind I tend to like the more aggressive songs and kill off the melodic/electronic bs. The title track is a sweet song though that may touch some people... sorry I can't really compare with other Adema albums.

I just checked out their Myspace, Planets seems a little bit more mature (better) effort. Less rapping... also I think that album is where the vocalist was no longer the Davis-brother

BTW, why don't you add to your sig "Formerly known as Mister Cat, Cat Eyes, Reinh..."?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
11.08.2007 - 00:18
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Written by Arwen on 18.05.2006 at 23:41

NU metal and hmm guess what The vocals Chavez is the brother of Jonathan Davis whom you all know from KORN.

So I must say that the link between brothers is obveiously seen. Their vocals are similar (though there are some oppositions to this opinion ). In general those who listen KORN like ADEMA too. Simple though freesingly good nu metal. They aren't so popular yet but I thik soon they will be. They have released four albums ( Planets, Insomniac's Dream, Adema and Unstable ) and gradually taken their aim on heavy metal from light rock.

Those who haven't heard yet have to hear it...otherwise you will not know how sings Davis' Brother (Joke)
Just that the band is really good and even not less than KORN. I've seen them both live and I honoustly can't say which one is better...it's your turn to deceide and give your opinions...

Chavez, is the half-brother Jonathan Davis, just to let you know.

To me Adema was like Diet KoRn.

The biggest problem is Adem sounds like Korn too much. They really are Korn part II.
----
(space for rent)
12.08.2007 - 19:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Syk on 10.08.2007 at 14:43

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.12.2006 at 04:15

I copied Planets onto my computer one day my nü-loving best friend was over here, and I've kept 13 of the 16 tracks - half of them rated 5 out of 5 stars, which is pretty good for a band like this. The last track is a good cover of Metallica's Thing That Should Not Be which I like way more than the original (easily my most hated 80s Metallica song). Enter the Cage, Until Now, Refusing Consciousness and Vikraphone are other highlights for me as well as Better Living through Chemistry (though not as good as the QotSA song of the same name )... bear in mind I tend to like the more aggressive songs and kill off the melodic/electronic bs. The title track is a sweet song though that may touch some people... sorry I can't really compare with other Adema albums.

I just checked out their Myspace, Planets seems a little bit more mature (better) effort. Less rapping... also I think that album is where the vocalist was no longer the Davis-brother

BTW, why don't you add to your sig "Formerly known as Mister Cat, Cat Eyes, Reinh..."?

I'll get it soon then, thanks partner! About my signature... It's done!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!