Metal Storm logo
Hour Of Penance - Announce New Drummer, Sign Endorsement Deals

Italian brutal death metal act Hour Of Penance has announced the addition of drummer James Payne to their lineup.

Guitarist Giulio Moschini had the following to say: "Please welcome our new drummer James Payne. I've known him for quite a long time and he's a very talented drummer. We're proud to have him on board! James will be playing with us starting at Hellfest this weekend, and all of our dates on the Extreme fests here in Europe."

Payne is currently endorsed by Tama, Vic Firth, and Zildijan and hosts his own YouTube show in which he has interviewed several drummers including Derek Roddy (Hate Eternal, Nile), Inferno (Behemoth), Paul Mazurkiewicz (Cannibal Corpse) and more. Payne commented: "I started my drumming career as a death metal drummer, but over the years I ended up playing several different styles. While I still enjoy playing those styles, death metal has always remained in my heart and now it's time to bring it back! I am honored to be playing with a great band such as Hour Of Penance!"

To check out a preview of Payne's intense blasting, you can watch an exclusive video of him playing the track "Enlightened Submission" off the band's latest album Sedition here.

Hour Of Penance also have some other exciting news to share: "We're proud to announce that we've recently signed a endorsement deal with the mighty Seymour Duncan pickups! All the guitars and basses we abuse will be equipped with the newest Seymour Duncan Blackouts active pickups for a more intense sonic attack."

In addition to this, guitarist Paolo Pieri also announced his newest endorsement with Strictly 7 Guitars. "It's an honour to be part of the Strictly 7 Guitars artist team," he says. "The gear they deliver is absolutely awesome! We're working together on a customized 7-string beast; stay tuned."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Hour Of Penance
Posted: 14.06.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 44 users
14.06.2012 - 16:46
psykometal
A staff guy...
Wonder what happened to Simone Piras? That dude was a beast, loved his style and technique. Oh well, This dude can play the stuff on the new album pretty good but I wonder how he will compare to Simone in terms of writing...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

16.06.2012 - 08:35
Misfit74

Is the new drummer a computer?

Hits total: 2489 | This month: 3