Metal Storm logo
Have you ever literally wept upon the first listening of a song?

Original post

Posted by Tristus Scriptor, 19.06.2012 - 00:27
I know it's sooo not metal to be sensitive. It's sooo not cool to have a heart. Blablabla, yadda yadda. Let's all just pretend we aren't actually demons from the abyss for a moment and admit to this question if it applies to us. What song was it? Under what circumstance was it?
27.03.2013 - 14:16
Jtbmetal123

I haven't cried to any song or album. I've been close but no tear.
08.04.2013 - 01:18
velkito

Don't think I've cried, but I do remember the first time I listened to 'Sailing into Eternity' by Black messiah. When that bassoon/trumpet struck the notes, my instinctive reaction was a fist in the air and that familiar, spectacular feelings of shivers all over your body you get when you listen to something awesome
14.04.2013 - 15:12
Metal_Elle

Yes, I've cried after I have listened to some songs, for example "Dust To Dust" from french power metal band Heavenly. That's a very emotionnal song. And also after Stratovarius' "Forever"...
25.04.2013 - 09:21
abaozuibang

You can communicate with many friends, maybe you can find the best answer

cheap wow gold
25.04.2013 - 10:12
R Lewis

I did. Listening to Sonata Arctica's "Shy". It remembers me of a friend of mine I love but I haven't the courage to tell her. Idiot
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
25.04.2013 - 17:01
Mercyful_Kate

I've cried my first time listening to a lot of songs. Anathema's Judgement probably takes the cake though. The lyrics are so permeating and haunting.
28.04.2013 - 19:37
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I may have had a few beers in me but one time I got all emotional listening to "Garden Of Light" by Isis.
----
rekt
29.04.2013 - 00:33
MetallicA

Nope.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
04.08.2013 - 19:48
Lit.
Account deleted
I think A Question In Heaven by Iced Earth is the closest I've ever come to openly tearing up.
That end part is just so fucking beautiful and tragic, and the waterworks especially start around the lines "I know you can't forgive me, I know I'm on my own, I know that I've betrayed you, you know I walk alone..."
The vocalization in the background doesn't help, either.
05.08.2013 - 10:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 04.08.2013 at 19:48

I think A Question In Heaven by Iced Earth is the closest I've ever come to openly tearing up.
That end part is just so fucking beautiful and tragic, and the waterworks especially start around the lines "I know you can't forgive me, I know I'm on my own, I know that I've betrayed you, you know I walk alone..."
The vocalization in the background doesn't help, either.

It's a very good song especially covering the history of 'Simmons', it made up the whole environment of song very catchy and remorseful. Probably, my one of the favorite off Iced Earth.
06.08.2013 - 01:21
Pennywise
Account deleted
Nope never, if it wouldn't be a metal song, not an extreme one for sure.
06.08.2013 - 03:05
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.08.2013 at 01:21

Nope never, if it wouldn't be a metal song, not an extreme one for sure.

I'M HEADBANGING SO HARD, TEARS ARE FALLING OUT!
21.08.2013 - 07:17
FOOCK Nam

Weeping is not cry... I do believe music can move the ppl emotion. Songs like sound of snow, raindrops, no one remeber your name of shamrain made me drop but it actually evokes my wild hard live touch life attacking...when in high school forever and one of helloween very deep, wonder is there anyone still knows or listen to that old veteran band...
21.08.2013 - 22:36
Pazu

If we talk about crying, I came pretty close listening to 'Paradise Lost' by Symphony X for the first time, if I remember correctly. But no, I don't hink I have ever cried or wept the first time I listened to a song, at least not in metal. The only piece of music to achive that was probably 'To Zanarkand' by Nobuo Uematsu.
23.08.2013 - 04:22
Lady Eternity

"I Was Buried in Mount Pleasant Cemetery", by Woods of Ypres. I cry just about every time I listen to it. "I Long" by Saturnus as well. They're both such beautiful songs.
23.08.2013 - 05:32
Mattybu

Let me set the scene. It is a windy, rainy night. Inside my library, the mood is somber. I am sitting and reflecting upon the deep matters of life, by dim candlelight. At this point I decide to place Opeth's Blackwater Park in my compact disc player for the first time, and commence listening. Each note tugs at my heart strings... Each beautiful plucked droplet of heavenly music cascades upon my very soul, I feel an immense wave of sheer emotion flush through me, filling my every orifice with melancholy, mystery, and pure, unadulterated passion. I wept uncontrollably as the waves of effervescent music washed over me, as my very being was filled with the essence of life itself. It would be hours before my weeping met an end; long after the conclusion of the album, I could not bring those mighty tears to stop flowing in light of the transformation that took that place that day... Opeth had made me ascend from human, to ultrahuman.

Just kidding it has never happened
23.08.2013 - 06:41
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
No not exactly, however the closest I've gotten to that feeling was probably when listening to Anathema's Weather Systems (specifically the tracks "Sunlight" and "Internal Landscapes") from last year.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
24.08.2013 - 14:45
schlakt

Lost in paradise - evanescence! first time i heard it, couldn't hold it together
24.08.2013 - 20:56
MDM87

Megadeth - a tout le monde, reminds me of a good friend