Metal Storm logo
36 Crazyfists

19.06.2012 - 06:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
36 Crazyfists are an Alaskan alternative metalcore band formed in the early '90s with more than a handful of full-length releases to date and some EPs on the side. They're a fairly successful band and have been given some mainstream exposure in the media here in North America, with some material being promoted on Roadrunner compilations and MTV airtime.

This is just a place for fellow metalheads to discuss anything 36 Crazyfists - favorite songs or albums, changes in sound, band members... whatever.

Now for some good music from my two favorite 36CF albums:

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.06.2012 - 06:14
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.06.2012 at 06:59

BAHAHWHHAHWAHWAHAHA WHAT?!

You're a fan of 36CF? Seriously?

Wow, anyway, yeah I don't mind them, There was a track on one of the Headbanger's Ball Cd's that i used to dig.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.06.2012 - 07:46
JD
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 20.06.2012 at 06:14

There was a track on one of the Headbanger's Ball Cd's that i used to dig.

Same here.

Is it this one?

20.06.2012 - 14:34
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 20.06.2012 at 07:46

There was a track on one of the Headbanger's Ball Cd's that i used to dig.

Same here.

Is it this one?

Yuppers
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.06.2012 - 05:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff

If I had a nickel for every time I could laugh at your taste in music, I'd have enough money to buy a Tardis so I could go back in time and kill your mother so you'd never be born.

But yes, I do enjoy a few of their albums.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.06.2012 - 05:19
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.06.2012 at 05:14

If I had a nickel for every time I could laugh at your taste in music, I'd have enough money to buy a Tardis so I could go back in time and kill your mother so you'd never be born.

But yes, I do enjoy a few of their albums.

You misinterpreted, I was stuttering while saying what, (not laughing at your musical taste) because I'm astonished that you, kvlty mckvltystein likes a melodic metalcore band from Alaska. It just seems so out of your styles. I assume you liked them from your metalcore days.

I also said, I don't mind them, and what's wrong with my musical taste? >:{
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.06.2012 - 05:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Boxcar Willy on 21.06.2012 at 05:19

I was just living up to my handle, nothing personal.

I don't think it's too surprising I like them to be honest. I may favor black metal but I'm also drawn by a lot of non-metal genres, most of which are far less extreme than metalcore.
----
21.06.2012 - 05:23
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.06.2012 at 05:21

Written by Boxcar Willy on 21.06.2012 at 05:19

I was just living up to my handle, nothing personal.

I don't think it's too surprising I like them to be honest. I may favor black metal but I'm also drawn by a lot of non-metal genres, most of which are far less extreme than metalcore.

I haven't actually listen to them a lot, so maybe I'll check something out.

Also, WoY > Deafheaven.

(not really, but really)
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.06.2012 - 06:54
oblong
Account deleted
I listened to these guys once upon a time and enjoyed their debut, but I sort of fell away from them after only their second release (which I thought wasn't too bad, but was a bit of a let down, imo).
26.06.2012 - 10:37
Uldreth
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.06.2012 at 06:59

<snip>

Hmm, this thread compelled me to check these guys out, and indeed they are quite good.
However I am a bit surprised you like them as stylistically they do seem to be very close to regular melodic metalcore (with some unique elements).

Do you only like the first three albums or their entire discog? Since I heard on the last two they dropped some of the stuff that made them unique.
Even Rest Inside The Flames seems more "typical" than the two before it on first listen tbh. Which is not necessarily a problem.
26.06.2012 - 15:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Uldreth on 26.06.2012 at 10:37
Do you only like the first three albums or their entire discog?

Only the first three, really, but The Tide is still far from a bad album in my opinion. They just seemed too focus on trying too hard to be a melodic metalcore band instead of displaying their traditional mix of post-hardcore. And while I don't really care for melodic metalcore, for some reason these guys have always managed to keep me entertained. Well, up until Collisions, anyway. As I Lay Dying do the same to a much lesser extent, and I can also appreciate bits and pieces of Heaven Shall Burn, but that's pretty much it.
----
26.06.2012 - 17:30
Olli
I quite like this band but their clean singing can be truely atrocious sometimes. Rest inside the flames was the first I heard and it's still my favorite.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."