04. Necropolis
05. The Last Step Into Nothingness
06. Beyond The Abyss
07. Maniacal Madness
08. Bestial Torture
09. Dismal Sign
10. Mankind's Decline
11. Vermin Of The Earth

In case you've been living under a rock for the past few years, allow me to explain just who these guys are. Embrional are a Polish death metal group that take influence from the old school but certainly don't limit themselves in any way. In fact, they're a unique death metal band in a sense.

Not in that you've never heard anything like this before, but in that they manage to combine all of their influences while giving the concoction their own special flavor. Kind of like throwing some Big Mac Sauce on a hamburger you just cooked up. Sure hamburgers have been made millions of times before, but this special sauce just makes it your own. Probably not the best example, being that Mac Sauce is the property of McDonald's. (I'm willing to negotiate an endorsement deal, for the record.)

Fast food originality aside, Absolutly Anti-Human Behaviors is a pretty fun death metal album, absolutely ripe with chainsaw melodies, varied forms of blasting drum patterns, and excellent execution. The Deicide-esque layered vocal moments support the subtle evil vibe while the raw mixing style gives the guitars an incredibly lethal kick, especially when they go for these lengthy instrumental runs.

The highly technical musicianship on display is nothing short of inspiring, regardless of whether or not you're a musician. The pin-point accuracy all-around makes this incredibly easy to listen to if only for its smooth texture, while the organic sound all but maintains the authenticity of the music. Think Brain Drill or Origin with a dirtier production, better flow to their songs, and more focus on groove and catchy hooks as opposed to technicality for the sake of technicality. Or Nile without all the Egypt and atmosphere. The drummer seems to possess a more inhuman strength as well, not in that he necessarily blasts as quick, but his fills just seem louder, as if his drumsticks are on the verge of shattering with every hit.

If you were looking for some new profound take on the death metal genre, then you've wasted a lot of time reading this review. If, however, you want some old-school sounding technically proficient evil-vibe death metal, then Absolutly Anti-Human Behaviors is precisely what the doctor ordered.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 9

Written on 19.06.2012 by I'm total pro; that's what I'm here for.

Comments

Comments: 37   Visited by: 223 users
19.06.2012 - 20:01
strade

Seeing yet more positive reviews for Pandemonium and Embrional has me really excited to have Godz of War feeding me stuff. Another good (and positive) review from the supposed 'Killjoy.' I think you'll have to switch your username to 'Givejoy' pretty soon.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
19.06.2012 - 20:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by strade on 19.06.2012 at 20:01
Seeing yet more positive reviews for Pandemonium and Embrional has me really excited to have Godz of War feeding me stuff. Another good (and positive) review from the supposed 'Killjoy.' I think you'll have to switch your username to 'Givejoy' pretty soon.

So far they've given me nothing to hate on, and coupled with the fact that I've been reviewing albums on my own that I enjoy, I'm definitely not living up to my handle...

If I have time perhaps I'll take a look at my 2012 list and review some 4s and 5s or something.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.06.2012 - 21:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Typo on "property" =P
19.06.2012 - 21:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 19.06.2012 at 21:24
Typo on "property" =P

Jolly good eye you have there, chap!
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.06.2012 - 01:15
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
I kinda have been living under a rock (small-town Texas)...so, yeah! Holy shit this is badass! Thanks man. Wasn't aware of these guys. (Fun review, too.)
20.06.2012 - 15:25
Illog1cal
Account deleted
I would not say they are unique at all since (I believe) they have a strong resemblance to Immolation or early Decapitated. They do have a particular style which is more focused on sticking with a riff and building on it which is nice.
20.06.2012 - 17:34
dizzlemahnazgul

Gotta love a review that opens and closes with cliches. ". . . living under a rock . . ." & " . . . precisely what the doctor ordered."

Come on. Just because the music is old hat doesn't mean the reviews have to be too.
20.06.2012 - 22:14
Mattybu

Written by dizzlemahnazgul on 20.06.2012 at 17:34

Gotta love a review that opens and closes with cliches. ". . . living under a rock . . ." & " . . . precisely what the doctor ordered."

Come on. Just because the music is old hat doesn't mean the reviews have to be too.

You're going to base the value of the entire review on portions of two sentences?

Jesus man, just because you heard a cliche in it you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
21.06.2012 - 03:04
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by Mattybu on 20.06.2012 at 22:14

You're going to base the value of the entire review on portions of two sentences?

Jesus man, just because you heard a cliche in it you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

Maybe if he woulda done the review in Klingon it would please you?
21.06.2012 - 04:37
Mattybu

Written by Tristus Scriptor on 21.06.2012 at 03:04

Maybe if he woulda done the review in Klingon it would please you?

Not sure if this was directed at me or Staff Sgt. I Hate Troy but I have no qualms with this review, in fact I thought it was very well written.

Believe me, Troy pleases me in ways you couldn't even begin to imagine...
21.06.2012 - 04:54
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
It was directed at dizzlemahnazgul. I fucking hate it when people just jump into something and make it incredibly obvious that they merely desire the pitiful and narcissistic self-buzz of insulting someone's work. He obviously approached that one looking for flaws from the start. I was all about your comment. You're cool in my book. (...even if you hate Troy, who's also cool in my book...)
21.06.2012 - 05:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Gotta love a review that opens and closes with cliches. ". . . living under a rock . . ." & " . . . precisely what the doctor ordered." Come on. Just because the music is old hat doesn't mean the reviews have to be too.

Gotta love a comment that starts with a user's bias against reviewers by pointing out some of the most irrelevant "flaws" in online publications.

Just because you have nothing better to do doesn't mean you have to make it so obvious.
----
21.06.2012 - 05:14
Mr. Blonde

Maybe he wasn't using cliches after all. I, in fact do live under a rock, and when I first read that, my first thought was cool, this article is personalized for me. My next thought was... wtf... how did he know that I live under a rock?

Here is why I live under a rock, because not only have I not heard of Embrional before, but it has been ages since I've heard some good traditional styled death metal from a band that formed in the 2000's and onward.

I've yet to hear a track, but I'm going to check these guys out. I wonder: How do they compare to their fellow countrymen in Vader? Anyway, the idea of an Origin but with more focus and a grittier production sounds intriguing. I like tech death, but sometimes bands within that genre can get into a bit of a technical arms race, and I'd like something that harkens back to the days of straight forward DM.
21.06.2012 - 20:19
dizzlemahnazgul

Good writing avoids the use of cliches. This is something you learn in any Intro to Creative Writing class. Or at the very least good writing reinvents old cliches. Now you must fancy yourself - in some way - a man of letters. There must burn within you somewhere the desire to be read and heeded. Otherwise you'd be just another idle listener and you wouldn't pen shit for this or any other website. You're probably very outspoken and no doubt you pride yourself on your vast knowledge of music, specifically metal and all its progeny. But that's not all it takes to be a good album reviewer. So why not man up and take a little (de)constructive criticism? Or you could just close your next review with something like "If this doesn't make your head bang then you must not have a fucking pulse!"
21.06.2012 - 20:26
dizzlemahnazgul

Also, upon reading the title of this record I thought that the spelling error was the band's own, as it usually is with ESL bands. But it's actually MetalStorm.net that can't spell "absolutely" correctly. Jesus Christ, guys. You realize most of the world thinks we metalheads are all numbskull morons, right? Let's try our hardest - please! - to avoid perpetuating that stereotype.
21.06.2012 - 20:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by dizzlemahnazgul on 21.06.2012 at 20:19
Assumptions of my personality based on reading two cliches within a review.

Ya I'm just gonna go ahead and point out two things...

1. I write reviews because I enjoy it.
2. I've never taken any special classes for writing.

I don't claim to be a professional writer, I volunteer my services for a more or less non-profit webzine, and I happen to have an opinion I find worth sharing with others.

Also, the copy of this album I was sent features the Absolutly typo, without the "e". God forbid someone makes a mistake.
----
21.06.2012 - 21:12
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by dizzlemahnazgul on 21.06.2012 at 20:19

You know what? Fuck off.

We don't need you critizising other peoples reviews just because you don't like a cliche at the beginning. I don't see you writing shit, and people being stuck up prick's on the internet has gotten way more than annoying.

So please, if you don't have anything worth while to contribute, refer back to my first statement and, kindly, fuck off.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.06.2012 - 22:58
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I think this guy has an axe to grind, must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Criticizing Troy is barking up the wrong tree, there is no need to upset the applecart. You should take the bull by the horns and write your own reviews. Even the playing field. I bet they can't hold a candle to his clichéd writing (I hate it too ). You shouldn't jump to conclusions, the gun, or a book by it's cover and jump down someone's throat based on one sentence. Last but not least, I'm not trying to rub you the wrong way or open up a can of worms, FYI.
21.06.2012 - 23:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Boxcar Willy on 21.06.2012 at 21:12

You know what? Fuck off.

Easy easy... You don't have to be an overprotective girlfriend. Pretty sure Troy is big boy so he can take care of himself.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.06.2012 - 23:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.06.2012 at 23:22

Written by Boxcar Willy on 21.06.2012 at 21:12

You know what? Fuck off.

Easy easy... You don't have to be an overprotective girlfriend. Pretty sure Troy is big boy so he can take care of himself.

My man don't take shit from anyone!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.06.2012 - 23:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 21.06.2012 at 22:58

I think this guy has an axe to grind, must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Criticizing Troy is barking up the wrong tree, there is no need to upset the applecart. You should take the bull by the horns and write your own reviews. Even the playing field. I bet they can't hold a candle to his clichéd writing (I hate it too ). You shouldn't jump to conclusions, the gun, or a book by it's cover and jump down someone's throat based on one sentence. Last but not least, I'm not trying to rub you the wrong way or open up a can of worms, FYI.

This post is awesome.
22.06.2012 - 03:37
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Full of himself, too proud of his own education, out of line, and certainly not popular on this thread. This dizzlemahnazgul guy/girl/tranny...whatever...SHOULD take Box Car Willy's advice. Funny that the fact that people think metalheads are stupid was brought up, 'cause people think we are a lot of unsavory things; and this douche just embodied quite a few of them.
22.06.2012 - 03:53
sladetroityer

Good review Killjoy... Why all the hate on this site... Damn guys..... I am actually a little excited to nto this album after reading the review.
22.06.2012 - 04:06
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by sladetroityer on 22.06.2012 at 03:53

Good review Killjoy... Why all the hate on this site... Damn guys..... I am actually a little excited to nto this album after reading the review.

Read what the dude that we are talking about said. You'll understand. (And I agree...I discovered an incredible band and album due to Troy's review here.)
22.06.2012 - 13:13
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by dizzlemahnazgul on 21.06.2012 at 20:26

Also, upon reading the title of this record I thought that the spelling error was the band's own, as it usually is with ESL bands. But it's actually MetalStorm.net that can't spell "absolutely" correctly.

Yah, we did a pretty swell job at photoshopping that "e" out of the album cover you see up there, didn't we? Almost looks like the cover would indeed say "Absolutly", doesn't it?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
22.06.2012 - 14:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Promonex on 22.06.2012 at 13:13

Yah, we did a pretty swell job at photoshopping that "e" out of the album cover you see up there, didn't we? Almost looks like the cover would indeed say "Absolutly", doesn't it?

Yeah, we really are retards here at this site. Nothing to do with the band at all...

22.06.2012 - 16:11
Fredd
Account deleted
Another hilarious thread.
22.06.2012 - 20:30
dizzlemahnazgul

Troy, you've never taken any "special" classes for writing? Wow. Next you'll be telling me your last name isn't actually Killjoy.

And well done, Introspekrieg. Clever and very inspired. I'm glad to have brought it out in you. Though a quick proof-read wouldn't've hurt.

Promonex, I stand corrected. Couldn't actually see the cover art in that little thumbnail you guys've got up there so I consulted the Archives:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Embrional/Absolutely_Anti-Human_Behaviors/329655

Now tell me that that cover doesn't seem have to correct spelling of "Absolutely" on it. Go on. Tell me that it doesn't.

Also the idea of me being proud of my own education is truly funny. But you'll have to read my blog and find out more about me if want to know why.

</another successful trolling adventure>
22.06.2012 - 23:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by dizzlemahnazgul on 22.06.2012 at 20:30

Now tell me that that cover doesn't seem have to correct spelling of "Absolutely" on it.

But you'll have to read my blog and find out more about me if want to know why.

A quick proof-read wouldn't've hurt.
22.06.2012 - 23:05
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
@dizzlemahnazgul- I read enough self-absorbed, over glorified bullshit when standing in line at the store as celebrity scandal mags stare at me like freak shows in a circus. I'd rather read something of my own choice (like Troy's "undereducated" reviews...*sarcasm*_)- than you talking about yourself anymore. You belong on Youtube with all the angry, pubertized 15-year olds. I'm done with you, and this thread...bud.

Hits total: 6407 | This month: 7