Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Swedish Tour And Acoustic Shows Announced

Proggers Opeth have recently announced that they will be doing a Swedish Heritage Tour this coming November and December, starting in Malmö on November 29th and concluding in Norrköping on December 7th. The shows in Gothenburg on December 2nd and 3rd plus the Stockholm shows on December 4th and 5th will be 'Unplugged' shows. The special guests for this tour will be announced shortly and the tickets went on sale yesterday with a limited number of special, VIP tickets available.

Swedish tour dates:

Nov. 29 - KB - Malmö, Sweden
Nov. 30 - Katalin - Stockholm, Sweden
Dec. 01 - Club 700 - Örebro, Sweden
Dec. 02 - Nefertiti - Gothenburg, Sweden
Dec. 03 - Nefertiti - Gothenburg, Sweden
Dec. 04 - Sodra Teatern - Stockholm, Sweden
Dec. 05 - Sodra Teatern - Stockholm, Sweden
Dec. 06 - Maxim - Gävle, Sweden
Dec. 07 - Skandiateatern - Norrköping, Sweden

Source: opeth.com
Band profile: Opeth
Event: Opeth: Swedish Heritage Tour 2012
Posted: 21.06.2012 by Warman

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 144 users
21.06.2012 - 13:15
Slyfang

Acoustic shows..?! I know they're getting old, but this is going too fast
21.06.2012 - 13:28
InnerSelf
proofread free
".... Special guests being Steven Wilson. Mikael and Wilson will be sucking each other off on stage while playing some awesome retro prog stuff.
Thanks for coming"
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
21.06.2012 - 14:47
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Nice poster.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
21.06.2012 - 14:47
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I think it'd be cool to see them playing Acoustic, I'd probably go see this if it was in Thunder Bay
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.06.2012 - 15:21
Unhealer
Eclecticist
This should be nice, something tells me they are going to release yet another DVD of the acoustic shows.

And I will buy it because I'm that kind of fanboy.
21.06.2012 - 17:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Fuck this and and S sweden
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.06.2012 - 17:26
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by InnerSelf on 21.06.2012 at 13:28

".... Special guests being Steven Wilson. Mikael and Wilson will be sucking each other off on stage while playing some awesome retro prog stuff.
Thanks for coming"

Replace Mikael's name by someone else's, and that is something Mikael would say in good comedy inspired day.

This should be interesting. I hope they bring this tour to Europe.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
21.06.2012 - 18:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
I might go to both acoustic shows in Stockholm. Why? Because I'm a nerd.
----
21.06.2012 - 20:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Definitely going to the Malmö one even though I won't dig their heritage songs. Hopefully they will at least play one or two older songs.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.06.2012 - 22:00
SlaytanicGonzo

Mikael is the best metal musician of the last 20 years, he can do whetever the fuck he wants to.
21.06.2012 - 22:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.06.2012 at 20:42

Definitely going to the Malmö one even though I won't dig their heritage songs. Hopefully they will at least play one or two older songs.

I've seen them three times and they've been pretty generous with older tracks every time. Maybe I've just had some luck? Not an expert on Opeth setlists. I'm sure though that they will play at least or possibly around 2-3 songs from the first three albums.
----
21.06.2012 - 22:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Warman on 21.06.2012 at 22:13

Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.06.2012 at 20:42

I've seen them three times and they've been pretty generous with older tracks every time. Maybe I've just had some luck? Not an expert on Opeth setlists. I'm sure though that they will play at least or possibly around 2-3 songs from the first three albums.

I like everything from Orchid to ghost Reveries... I only start having problems with Watershed. I have never been on a Opeth concert so that's why I have no idea of their setlist
I would be very happy to hear something from Still Life and Blackwater Park. After those two songs, I guess I will be happy!
----
Rod, let me love you.
21.06.2012 - 22:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.06.2012 at 22:17

I like everything from Orchid to ghost Reveries... I only start having problems with Watershed. I have never been on a Opeth concert so that's why I have no idea of their setlist
I would be very happy to hear something from Still Life and Blackwater Park. After those two songs, I guess I will be happy!

Then I wouldn't be worried. To my knowledge the setlists are often covering most of the albums, Blackwater Park usually getting at least two songs. Too bad you'll probably hear some Watershed and Heritage then.

I think Heritage is great, even love it sometimes. Not sure what to think of it live though. Yeah, it'll probably be a bunch of those songs during the acoustic shows and I don't mind it there. It's special shows and I know they probably won't be covering the old albums. But I'm talking about the general shows, like I'm also going to see them now in September and to hear a bunch of Heritage then? Naaah, I don't even want Damnation songs or other "clean" and/or "ballad" stuff. It's Opeth damn it! Give me patented Åkerfeldt groooooowls!
----
21.06.2012 - 22:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Warman on 21.06.2012 at 22:25

Then I wouldn't be worried. To my knowledge the setlists are often covering most of the albums, Blackwater Park usually getting at least two songs. Too bad you'll probably hear some Watershed and Heritage then.

Well, I do like some Watershed stuff, I mean... I definitely don't hate it since I would give it around a 7 myself, but it's on that album it started to go a bit meh... and Heritage is... just ok I guess. It just doesn't feel natural for them But yeah I'm still very optimistic and I'm sure it will be great if I make it there!
----
Rod, let me love you.
22.06.2012 - 05:38
infernaldeath87

Who cares, it's Opeth? They're legends for Crom's sake! They change just like any other band so whoopty doo! I love them to death, so it's all good.

Hits total: 3654 | This month: 6