Found in 13 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 298 users
23.06.2012 - 21:32
Rating: 8
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Anybody else like this album? It got just destroyed by the media at the time, but listening to this now the last two tracks are fucking huge!
----
rekt
23.06.2012 - 21:40
Mattybu

Written by tea[m]ster on 23.06.2012 at 21:32

Anybody else like this album? It got just destroyed by the media at the time, but listening to this now the last two tracks are fucking huge!

This album is in my top 5 of all time easily!!!! Also my favourite Rush album. The Necromancer is especially retardedly good.
23.06.2012 - 21:42
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Mattybu on 23.06.2012 at 21:40

]This album is in my top 5 of all time easily!!!! Also my favourite Rush album. The Necromancer is especially retardedly good.

Thanks hundo, hope we are not alone, need the Rush and prog fans to step forward! Amazing how albums 35 years old can stand the test eh?
----
rekt
23.06.2012 - 21:48
Mattybu

Written by tea[m]ster on 23.06.2012 at 21:42

]This album is in my top 5 of all time easily!!!! Also my favourite Rush album. The Necromancer is especially retardedly good.

Thanks hundo, hope we are not alone, need the Rush and prog fans to step forward! Amazing how albums 35 years old can stand the test eh?

You got that right, I also have a serious thing for Rush's debut album which a lot of people see as only average to slightly good, but they never went back to that style and it is actually so good. Like, Working Man, what more do I need to say.
23.06.2012 - 21:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

I am totally not a prog fan and only a cursory Rush fan, but Caress Of Steel is awesome. Fav track of mine would be Bastille Day
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.06.2012 - 21:58
Mattybu

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.06.2012 at 21:54

I am totally not a prog fan and only a cursory Rush fan, but Caress Of Steel is awesome. Fav track of mine would be Bastille Day

Once again Marcel, you are a bag of surprises... I saw you had posted in this thread and expected some kind of grumpy dismissal of this album as garbage I am surprised you like it!
02.07.2012 - 05:12
RavenKing

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.06.2012 at 21:54

I'm not a prog fan either but I like this album very much. It should not come as a surprise, however, since I like almost anything from Rush until "Presto".
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
17.07.2015 - 03:27
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Probably the most underrated album by Rush if ever there was one. The only song on here that I really don't care for is "I Think I'm Going Bald," but other than that, this album is really good! "Bastille Day" (rocking opener) and "Lakeside Park" (laid back fireside anthem) are great shorter songs and the last two epics "The Necromancer" and "The Fountain of Lamneth" are excellent. The transitions in the last two long songs can be a little awkward at times, but I have no real complaints regarding the music itself since it is very well done. This is an album that certainly deserves more credit and attention than is currently being given.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
23.02.2023 - 11:56
Rating: 7
majormalfunction

Even if I've heard it a plenty of times I still feel like there's still something to unlock here for my part. The Necromancer is the highlight here where every three part are excellent in their own right, very atmospheric and heavy.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands

Hits total: 8566 | This month: 17