Metal Storm logo
Nicole

19.05.2006 - 00:29
KryptoN
imperceptible

I suppose many of you haven't heard of this band, Nicole. They're a Finnish metalcore band with two full-lengths so far. Their lyrics are in Finnish which I usually don't like myself, but somehow they manage to use it in a way that really hits me. Their influences include Meshuggah, Killswitch Engage and similar. Nicole are one of my all-time favourite bands, and I don't know if it's the brutality of the vocals & sound or the many simple, yet very effective, songs. My favourite songs would be: Kaaos, Suljetut Ajatukset, Valta and Maalaudun.

So, those who have heard their stuff, talk about it here. What do you think? Your favourites? Etc.
Those not familiar with the band and like metalcore (and why not others too) should check them out, especially the album "Suljetut Ajatukset" which frankly is completely different from their earlier work.

Here are some downloads:
Kaaos (.wmv video, recommended)
Suunta (.wmv video)
Suunta (full song)
Kaaos (1:20 sample)
Suljetut Ajatukset (1:11 sample)

For more downloads go to http://www.nicoleband.com/media.php
09.06.2006 - 23:54
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I've only heard the song Kauas. It has a solo with turntables. Pretty cool. I check those songs you put there
01.08.2006 - 20:43
Stigmatized
They have a truly great sound. I can't understand what they're saying but I'm not about to let that keep me from enjoying their music.
08.12.2007 - 02:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Nicole is a perfect example of modern-day metalcore that is fresh and inspired. N00bs that have only heard mainstream metalcore that is so fucking tainted that it can barely even be called metalcore need to listen to Nicole.