04. Master Life Down
05. Tears From The Sky
06. Seeds Of Chaos
07. World Dominators
08. Xenomorph
09. Cryogenic Empathy
10. Zero Tolerance
11. Hord

Hord is a new young French band that chose to follow the way of Meshuggah, Strapping Young Lad and compagny. As you can already understand, you'll not be able to find classic Metal here, at the opposite the music of Hord is totally crazy and all the ones who like extreme Progressive Thrash and Indus will probably love this first good release.

It's not so comme to listen to music like the one of Hord. Of course, the band is inluenced by bands like Meshuggah but well it's just influences really and at the end we're not in front of something really similar. Actually, "Reborn From Chaos" is a melting pot of a lot of different music, from Thrash to Progressive, Indus and even electronic stuff (we have samples and turntables on this album). It's complex, definitely not commercial and not so easy of access but the songs sound good. You'll be able to find a lot of different things, blasting drums, aggressive riffs (a la Meshuggah), "terrific" guitars soli, electronic sounds but also Death like clean vocals. At the opposite, you'll also find some cool atmospheric break, that's really nice. It's a bit disturbing on a side but at the end the music of Hord is just "different". If you're not afraid of Cyber Thrash, you'll enjoy a lot this release and I'm sure that some of you will even take a good kick in their asses, but on the other hand I really recommend to all the fans of Power Metal and others classic Metal to avoid this release, that's definitely not for them.

Nonetheless, you have to know that the album is a bit messy sometime. And, that's its principal problem. The songs can go in a dozen of direction and sometime it's a bit hard to follow the rhythm and it can become a bit boring. But of course, if you're not afraid of "crazy" Metal a la Strapping Young Lad it should be ok for you, especially if you know that the production is really good and then, that it will be easy to hear all the different instruments in the songs.

"Reborn From Chaos" is a surprising album. Not so easy of access it will probably be a bit hard for a basic Metalhead to enter in the music but if you're open minded and like "new forms" of sonorities in Metal I'm sure that you'll like this release. Extremely original, powerful as hell and fresh, "Reborn From Chaos" is a good start and let's hope that the band will be able to release others albums with such quality in the future.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 9
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 13.11.2006

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 19 users
13.11.2006 - 15:49
Talvi

I'm touched by that Cyber Metal thing... sounds cool xD
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
13.11.2006 - 17:53
Götter
yeah, what is cyber metal? Something to do with techno?
03.04.2009 - 05:31
HORD
Account deleted
Thank you for the review and the comments!

New album is coming soon, produced by Jochem Jacobs of Textures!

Hits total: 6180 | This month: 5