Metal Storm logo
Lamb Of God - Randy Blythe Arrested, Prosecutor's Complaint Against Release Dismissed (Update)

UPDATE on 17.07.2012: [Thanks to Ace Frawley] According to Czech news site iDNES.cz, a Prague Municipal Court has now dismissed the prosecutor's complaint to deny Blythe bail with the intent of blocking his release. However, the cost of Blythe's bail has been doubled, from $200,000 to $400,000. Moreover, the prosecutor can file another complaint against the latest decision, which would further delay Blythe's release even if he does pay the $400,000. So, there is no telling when this will stop.

Randy Blythe's next Czech court appearance is scheduled for Thursday, July 19th. Blesk.cz has also released an interview reportedly with Randy Blythe conducted via his attorney about his arrest last month and you can read the translation over here.

UPDATE on 06.07.2012: Lamb Of God singer Randy Blythe is still in prison even though his bail has been posted. The band's manager Larry Mazer revealed in an interview with Blesk.cz that it may take up to 20 days for Randy to be released because "the investigator may require more time to investigate the case." Meanwhile, the band has set up a page where fans can donate to Randy's legal fund.

Lamb Of God posted the following message: "As many of you know, Randy is being held in Czech jail for a crime we believe he did not commit. We are still learning about the legal system there and the situation is fluid. We have retained local legal counsel, have support from the US Embassy and we are flying over additional lawyers to try and assure that Randy has the best representation possible. As many of you have pointed out, the simple fact is that the legal fees are adding up very quickly."

"While we appreciate the outpouring of support, we are not interested in trying to profit or gather press or sympathy from this event. We have assembled this page to make it possible for people that feel so inclined to donate to the expenses incurred in defending this case. One hundred percent of the money raised will go to the legal fees and any remaining balance will be given to a charity of Randy's choice upon his release."

UPDATE on 02.07.2012: According to the Czech Republic's Novinky.cz, Lamb Of God singer Randy Blythe remained in custody Monday in Prague, as his bail money had not arrived in the court account, informed the judge of the District Court for Prague 8 Peter Fassati. Management is trying to transfer funds as soon as possible, although Blesk.cz is reporting that Blythe may remain in Pankrác prison at least ten more days.

UPDATE on 01.07.2012 [Thanks to Cynic Metalhead]: Czech website Blesk.cz and TV Nova report that Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe was reportedly released on 4 million Czech Koruna bail (approximately $200,000) from a Czech jail, where he had been held since Wednesday (June 27) on suspicion of manslaughter. Reports state that Blythe has been released on the condition that his bail be secured as soon as bank access allows, presumably on Monday (July 2nd).

Randy Blythe appeared before court yesterday at 10:00 a.m due to his alleged involvement in the death of a 19-year-old fan at a 2010 show in Prague. Randy was also considered a flight risk by the judge and will reportedly have to remain in the country at least for the next two days but the manslaughter charges haven't been dropped, and the investigation is still ongoing.

The following message was posted on the band's twitter: "RANDY IS FUCKIN' FREE!"

The band's guitarist Mark Morton tweeted: "finally HOME! 4/5 of us anyway. I can't wait to give Randy a big bear hug & kiss his pointy, stubbly face! Thanx for all the support yall!"

An official statement is expected to be released tomorrow with details about the proceedings.

UPDATE: Adrenaline PR, the PR firm that works with Lamb Of God, has released the following full statement regarding the reports of Randy's arrest: "Lamb Of God Management will be issuing an official statement on Monday regarding the charges made against singer Randy Blythe. As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos."

"Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far. Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head."

"Again, until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released, but clarity and the facts needed to be addressed on this one reported point which is totally inaccurate."

Original news, published on 29.06.2012

According to Czech news site Novinky.cz, Lamb Of God vocalist Randy Blythe has been arrested in Prague yesterday on charges of manslaughter, and the band has cancelled their performance with All Shall Perish and Skeletonwitch at the Rock Café in Czech Republic.

Blythe's arrest apparently is from a concert that took place on May 24, 2010. Allegedly, a fan jumped on stage during the show, resulting in a physical altercation with the frontman. The fan eventually succumbed to his injuries and died, leading to the charges Blythe now faces.

A spokesperson for Lamb Of God says that Blythe is "wrongly accused", that the band's "lawyers are dealing with it", and that "we expect him to be fully exonerated."

Also, in the early hours of this morning the band tweeted "#FreeRandyBlythe".

Source: metalsucks.net
Band profile: Lamb Of God
Posted: 17.07.2012 by carpe diem

Comments page 5 / 6

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 178   Visited by: 796 users
06.07.2012 - 17:38
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by jupitreas on 06.07.2012 at 15:51

Given the facts that we have access to at this point, it is fairly obvious that Randy is liable for the fan's death.

Well I haven't seen the actually incident, so i can't really say for sure, but I'm thinking that security may have "helped" Randy out? The certainly did in the other video.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.07.2012 - 18:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I thought I might stay out of this but then again it seems that there is a high possibility that Blythe might get punishment for this act, but it's not just him. I do pity the kid and see it as an incredibly unlucky chain of events, and while I don't want to take anyone's side in this I see that this will most definitely have consequences on metal concerts at the very least in the Czech Republic and the surrounding countries, and for some people it will only further the stereotype that metalheads are brainless gorillas at concerts and festivals. thus, crowdsurfing, stage diving and the likes might get banned
06.07.2012 - 18:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Wake me up when the lawyers sort it out.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.07.2012 - 19:14
Mattybu
LOL if anybody contributes money to his "legal fund".
06.07.2012 - 22:44
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.07.2012 at 17:38

Given the facts that we have access to at this point, it is fairly obvious that Randy is liable for the fan's death.

Well I haven't seen the actually incident, so i can't really say for sure, but I'm thinking that security may have "helped" Randy out? The certainly did in the other video.

It is certainly possible and this new information might change the case... I'm just saying that the information that we actually possess at this moment points to him being liable.
06.07.2012 - 23:05
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by Valentin B on 06.07.2012 at 18:15

... and for some people it will only further the stereotype that metalheads are brainless gorillas at concerts and festivals. thus, crowdsurfing, stage diving and the likes might get banned

Well, we are. How many times have you been injured at shows? I have been, even when I tried to stay away from moshpits. And all those things should be banned - Dimebag was shot on stage, and now this kid died. It's obvious that accidents happen when people leave their good manners/common sense at home and attend shows. A ban should at least curb the number of those incidents.

As for this particular incident, Randy is liable according to what evidence we have. He didn't have the attention of hurting the kid, and yes, the kid was stupid, but he's liable.
----
7.0 means the album is good
07.07.2012 - 01:16
Butters49
Population control starts with Randy Blythe.
Blythe 4 prez in 2016
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
07.07.2012 - 07:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Milena on 06.07.2012 at 23:05
A ban should at least curb the number of those incidents.

Really? Divide the amount of serious incidents by the amount of shows and that number equals not enough to ban simple traditions like stage diving and crowd surfing.

That's almost as much of an overreaction as the United States arresting random "Iraqi looking people" on suspicion of terrorism after 9/11. Not even .01% of a population commits a crime and all of a sudden 100% of people who look similar are being arrested for having a certain skin tone.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.07.2012 - 07:55
machiavelli
Account deleted
F that stupid kid. Why are people weeping for one knucklehead when 1000's die in an instant due to natural and unnatural catastrophes? Come on. And justice? As Eastwood said in the Unforgiven "DESERVING's got nothing to do with it."
07.07.2012 - 12:25
Maldoror
Account deleted
Why do you call that kid stupid? Do you know anything about him? Would you react the same way in case your brother or friend is killed in similar accident? Everybody knows that it wasn't Randy's intention to kill him but he is still responsible for his deeds. I can understand that members of Lamb of God don't like stage-divers at their gigs but as far as I know nobody informed the audience about that fact either before or during that concert. Concerning possible self-defense, all the guys climbing the stage were just normal metalheads who had paid to see their favorite band, nobody was threatening the musicians or carrying weapons. They probably expected that security would push them off the stage but they couldn't expect such a harsh treatment from Randy. The videos you can find on the Internet do not show everything that happened during that concert. There are several reports released few days after that gig which describe Randy's behavior including punching fans, kneeling on them, pulling their hair, etc. These reports were written mostly by people who actually like Lamb of God and nobody knew about Daniel's death at that time. I believe that in case that it is proven that Daniel's death was not caused by Randy, he will be released as soon as possible but I don't understand why so many people sign petitions to free Randy without any investigation or trial. What should be the reason for that? Do they think he should not be treated like any normal suspect just because he is a famous metal singer, American citizen or just because he is a really cool guy?
07.07.2012 - 14:54
afu
What about the liability of the fan? Does him acting in an unsafe manner have any bearing on his death? This whole arrest uses the same kind of reasoning that enables a burglar (in certain jurisdictions) to sue for damages if they get injured stealing your shit.
07.07.2012 - 15:22
Maldoror
Account deleted
Written by afu on 07.07.2012 at 14:54

What about the liability of the fan? Does him acting in an unsafe manner have any bearing on his death? This whole arrest uses the same kind of reasoning that enables a burglar (in certain jurisdictions) to sue for damages if they get injured stealing your shit.

Well, I suppose that you can call stage-diving "acting in an unsafe manner" but as far as metal concerts go it can also be called "quite usual activity". Some bands and venues tolerate this activity, others don't. It still doesn't mean that security guys or band members should not be responsible for the consequences of their actions. Everyone should be aware of the fact that if you beat someone up and then throw him head first off the stage, you can hurt or even kill him. I think Randy should have left the responsibility to the security guys and in case the band members really felt threatened by the stage-divers (I don't think that was the case) they should have interrupt the concert. As far as I know stage-diving is usually tolerated in the club where the incident happened and nobody warned the audience that the band which performed that particular evening did not approve that.
07.07.2012 - 15:40
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.07.2012 at 07:06

Really? Divide the amount of serious incidents by the amount of shows and that number equals not enough to ban simple traditions like stage diving and crowd surfing.

That's almost as much of an overreaction as the United States arresting random "Iraqi looking people" on suspicion of terrorism after 9/11. Not even .01% of a population commits a crime and all of a sudden 100% of people who look similar are being arrested for having a certain skin tone.

Paranoia is one thing, and what I've proposed is an entirely different thing. Maybe not banning certain traditions entirely, but increasing the number of security people at each show and giving them more responsibility would prevent unfortunate incidents from happening. I mean, look at this. It's ridiculous. Sure, the number of people that wind up dead or badly injured is not "significant", but every life lost is important, and there are minor injuries happening at every other show. As it stands now, metal shows are not exactly a place where you can go and not expect anything bad to happen to you. Why should it be that way?
----
7.0 means the album is good
07.07.2012 - 15:47
afu
I grew up with moshing, crowd surfing, and stage diving. I've also pummeled people for being pricks about it. There's a certain point where someone just needs a chill pill and it's usually about the time when I get kicked in the head or the pit includes psychotic, gorilla, meat head motherfuckers who think fondling women and causing severe bodily injury are good pastimes.

Did I mis-read that his third attempt to make the stage was the successful one? What part of being pushed back the first two times didn't register as "Hmm, maybe I shouldn't do that?"
07.07.2012 - 18:20
Maldoror
Account deleted
Maybe he shouldn't do that and maybe Randy shouldn't get involved and leave it to security. Maybe we all should wait with our opinions until the investigation is over and its results are published. Daniel's death could have been caused by himself, Randy, some of the security guys or no-one in particular (just some stupid accident nobody could prevent). I just don't like that almost everyone is saying that the guy was stupid, asking for it, or even deserving his death. I also don't like that the same people consider Randy innocent and falsely accused just because they like his band.
07.07.2012 - 20:22
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.07.2012 at 07:06

Written by Milena on 06.07.2012 at 23:05
A ban should at least curb the number of those incidents.

It was actually "Afghanistani looking people", remember Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11... and most werent arrested, but they were wiretapped and watched.

I kinda agree with what Mora is saying, Metal shows can be insane sometimes. it helps when there is both a seated section and a floor section(to divide the poeple who do and dont want to mosh) but this isnt always the case with venues. I went to a venue where moshing/crowdsurfing was banned and enforced and everyone was bummed on it but it was still one of the best concerts ive been too. but I just think these things are to deep-rooted into metal tradition to ban them from shows and its what everyone expects.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
07.07.2012 - 20:56
machiavelli
Account deleted
Guess what fools... stage diving has broken plenty of necks... and Malodor, that kid was stupid for getting on the stage even though it is part of "metal", I've never jumped on stage and stage dived so I guess I'm missing out on all the joy of spending the rest of my days in a wheelchair. RANDY is INNOCENT!
07.07.2012 - 22:08
afu
I'm not saying Randy has no liability at all. I just feel like weighing it against the liability of the victim's actions makes a little bit of a difference. People in general always want to lay blame for the poor decisions on another person and both of them made poor decisions. It's unfortunate, but at some point personal responsibility comes into play from both sides.
07.07.2012 - 22:22
Mattybu
Written by Guest on 07.07.2012 at 07:55

F that stupid kid. Why are people weeping for one knucklehead when 1000's die in an instant due to natural and unnatural catastrophes? Come on. And justice? As Eastwood said in the Unforgiven "DESERVING's got nothing to do with it."

Guess how much quoting Eastwood will accomplish in a courtroom.

(nothing)

Also, most people seem to be weeping for Randy Blythe, not the kid who he supposedly killed. The band has continually issued updates so the public can spend their hard earned money on his legal fees. Not to mention some idiotic petition going to the white house.

And I'm seeing #freerandyblythe on the facebook pages of bands, banners of websites, etc.

Personally I couldn't care less what happens to him.
08.07.2012 - 01:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by AngelofDeth on 07.07.2012 at 20:22
It was actually "Afghanistani looking people", remember Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11...

That was a jab at Bush not being able to differentiate between "all those Arabian countries".
----
08.07.2012 - 22:14
Kamil
Account deleted
Events with Randy Blythe - my top candidate for drama of the year
09.07.2012 - 23:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by jupitreas on 06.07.2012 at 22:44

Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.07.2012 at 17:38

It is certainly possible and this new information might change the case... I'm just saying that the information that we actually possess at this moment points to him being liable.

He is liable to a certain degree regardless of what the security should have been doing.

You'll notice he is being charged with manslaughter, not premeditated murder. So regardless of the circumstances, if he did in fact push the fan to the floor, causing his death, accident or not, it technically is still manslaughter. For this I think he deserves a lighter sentence, but a sentence regardless.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.07.2012 - 01:53
Void Eater
Account deleted
Randy Blythe getting sentenced for this would be as wrong as those cases where a burglar sues the owners of a house he was trying to steal from because he got hurt in it.
11.07.2012 - 15:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Bulldoggin33 on 11.07.2012 at 15:55
You don't want that kind of trouble.

Calm down cowboy - if you push a guy to his death you're liable. It just depends how liable they make him out to be that's worth paying attention to...

PS your country would never invade another one just to get a metal vocalist back.
----
11.07.2012 - 16:03
Bulldoggin33
He's fucking innocent. Get him out of there and back home. This is the most ignorant case I've ever heard of.
To Hell with the Cech Republic.
Don't make us come over there and free him our selves. You don't want that kind of trouble.
Oh and good job to the crowd for catching the guy. In America we hold our own, pick you up if you fall and catch you if your being thrown or diving off stage.
Idiots.:devil:
11.07.2012 - 16:10
Bulldoggin33
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.07.2012 at 15:57

Written by Bulldoggin33 on 11.07.2012 at 15:55
You don't want that kind of trouble.

Calm down cowboy - if you push a guy to his death you're liable. It just depends how liable they make him out to be that's worth paying attention to...

PS your country would never invade another one just to get a metal vocalist back.

Ha ha ha. "Maybe" the country won't but the people would and will.
Unless you and any other country haven't heard, the U.S. is constantly destroying countries and has been & will continue too for years to come.
11.07.2012 - 16:14
Bulldoggin33
Passivity is a weakness that will cause all to crumble.
SALUTE!
11.07.2012 - 22:30
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.07.2012 at 17:07

Legalstorm
12.07.2012 - 00:39
Mattybu
Written by Bulldoggin33 on 11.07.2012 at 16:14

Passivity is a weakness that will cause all to crumble.
SALUTE!

What does this guy think he's an Indian? What is he a god damn asshole, what the fuck is he doing? Not ever. No way. Now he's Johnny Hammersticks. Hammering away like he's, friggin, Tommy Noble. The hell's he doing? Thinks he's.... Thinks he's got it going bossa nova. No way, hahaha no way. What is this garbage.
12.07.2012 - 13:00
Maldoror
Account deleted
Written by Bulldoggin33 on 11.07.2012 at 16:03

To Hell with the Cech Republic.
Don't make us come over there and free him our selves. You don't want that kind of trouble.

Yeah, nuke them to the stone age!!! That will teach those Slavic bastards not to fuck with the most democratic country in the world. Who cares if Randy killed the guy or not. He is AMERICAN, he can do anything!

Now seriously, I don't think that USA will invade Czech Republic anytime soon. There is no oil there.

Hits total: 21413 | This month: 26