07. Among The Vultures
08. Show No Fear
09. Restless Mind
10. Left Behind
11. Killing In The Name [Rage Against The Machine cover]

Staff review by
wormdrink414
Rating:
Of all the bigger names of the resurgence of popular(ish) thrash, Bonded By Blood have remained the one that I haven't ever really wanted to put on. Their stuff hasn't been all that bad, it's just it's always felt more stale than the work of Warbringer, Havok and the like. They never quite provided the right amount of uniqueness with their tunes to make their albums must-buys.

Read more ››
published 03.10.2012 | Comments (15)

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 13   Visited by: 166 users
30.06.2012 - 23:49
Rating: 7
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
My first BbB experience , and i fucken like it .. n RATM cover ,, although its a straight forward cover ,, still sounds great
02.07.2012 - 19:04
Rating: 4
Nirk

Now I have my choice for the "The Biggest Letdown" award of 2012 u_u
02.07.2012 - 19:24
JÄY
Metal slave
From what I've heard so far, this is their best.....speedy.
03.07.2012 - 04:21
Rating: 5
Joppe
Steelemeister
Really disappointing album.
----
My vision is augmented
06.07.2012 - 11:34
Void Eater
Account deleted
How the hell do these guys manage to come up with so many memorable riffs? Hasn't every good thrash riff already been used? Apparently not.
16.07.2012 - 07:34
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Yeah it's.... not good, honestly. Big disappointment to hear them go from Feed the Beast and Exiled to Earth to this
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
16.07.2012 - 08:10
Rating: 6
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Auntie Sahar on 16.07.2012 at 07:34

Yeah it's.... not good, honestly. Big disappointment to hear them go from Feed the Beast and Exiled to Earth to this

But then, you going from ratings perspective. Honestly, this album kicks some real Thrash in. Amazing riffs, great drumming and unexpectedly this time bass do however were pretty decent as compare to their last album( which was really low and unsupported). The problem here is vocals, as I'm actually quite reading about this fuss that the vocals is been plagiarized and straight taken away from "Kreator's catalog" which inadvertently I think is not true at all. Definite 8/10 from my side.
23.07.2012 - 03:17
Rating: 10
btbamfan20

I dont understand the hate that these guys are getting... they mash trash with hardcore and come out with this "Thrashcore" sound that i really dig... i guess its a hit or miss with everyone... all i can say is it doesnt deserve a bloody 6.8/10...
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
29.07.2012 - 21:40
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by btbamfan20 on 23.07.2012 at 03:17

I dont understand the hate that these guys are getting... they mash trash with hardcore and come out with this "Thrashcore" sound that i really dig... i guess its a hit or miss with everyone... all i can say is it doesnt deserve a bloody 6.8/10...

Because, of all the New Wave of Thrash Metal, Bonded By Blood are the most unoriginal (Even down to the fact that their logo being a ripoff of Death Angel's) and boring. Face it, it deserves the bloody 6.8/10 if not lower.
01.08.2012 - 13:01
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
The cover is the best song on the album . Same story as with Testament's latest...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
06.08.2012 - 15:48
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by K✞ulu on 01.08.2012 at 13:01
The cover is the best song on the album ... Same story as with Testament's latest...
No great surprise there, for me anyway, haha. Are you talking bout Powerslave? And here, Killing, is it a bonus track, or on all copies of The Aftermath?

And can you tell just why this is such an "average" release? I heard and liked some of their previous albums, ain't heard the new stuff and am wondering what's caused this one's reception to be so comparatively sour. From 95% of respondents, anyway...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
06.08.2012 - 17:41
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Syk on 06.08.2012 at 15:48

Written by K✞ulu on 01.08.2012 at 13:01
The cover is the best song on the album ... Same story as with Testament's latest...
No great surprise there, for me anyway, haha. Are you talking bout Powerslave? And here, Killing, is it a bonus track, or on all copies of The Aftermath?

And can you tell just why this is such an "average" release? I heard and liked some of their previous albums, ain't heard the new stuff and am wondering what's caused this one's reception to be so comparatively sour. From 95% of respondents, anyway...

As far as the Testament reference, I really enjoyed the Scorpions cover. It just sounds so appropriately massive.

As for Bonded by Blood, I remember their debut and sophomore being quite good, but I don't remember them well enough. The new album sounds quite derivative. "Shepherds of Rot" is a total "Holy Wars..." rip-off. The vocals are also quite weak. I might give it another listen to form a better opinion, but nothing really stuck out that much except for a solo or two.

Don't know whether the cover is present everywhere.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
06.08.2012 - 17:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Wow, love hate thing going on here. Might actually have to listen to this
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse