Automatic4
All 3 Is Good4
Semi Automatic0

Total votes: 29

The original post

Posted by Bad English on 01.07.2012 at 16:59
What cars do you prefere more
There is 3 posibilities and what do you prefere

I personaly like only automatical, Its been long since I drove a car but manual is pain in ass, you need work whit legs, arms, its totaly nonsence to me
I prefere only automatical cars, you simply drive, car do all itr self, ok reverse but its easy , no work whit legs 2 pedales, one gass one brake
I know it was stupid think to do but I start even use one leg for gass one for brake, its easy one leg gass one rfake, even its totaly aganst all driving rules, but I dont care since I never willd rive manual car. I did it also when I have forth lift truck practice (it was 3 day job only) one gass, one brake, its much easyer,
So for me only automatic, IMO all manual cars can disapear , we have new loyouts, new HD TV, new PC whatever, why we need keep this old fassion crap manual car ?

Page 2 of 2

Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Fuck

02.07.2012 at 13:54
Written by M C Vice on 02.07.2012 at 10:54

It's the same if you drive on the left. All cars, as far as I know, have the pedals in the same order.

Oops, of course, you're right. Damn, how could I forget? I even rented a car when I was on holiday in South Africa about ten years ago.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

snake? snaaaake!

02.07.2012 at 20:28
Please never change the title.
BitterCOld
King of Arizona

02.07.2012 at 21:11
Written by snake? snaaaake! on 02.07.2012 at 20:28

i won't. and i was half tempted to "correct" MC Vice's latest post and refer to "the 3rd pedal" as the "Clutchical".
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
BoxCar Willy
John Doe

02.07.2012 at 21:25
Written by snake? snaaaake! on 02.07.2012 at 20:28

just looked at closer and I couldn't stop laughing
----
Pop punk crusader
MetalSpider

03.07.2012 at 00:21
Written by Valentin B on 02.07.2012 at 02:14

Written by MetalSpider on 01.07.2012 at 20:09

I've never driven a manual car. A lot of people say it's more fun and I can see it being fun for sure...but to drive a manual car everyday especially when you get stuck in traffic...I'd imagine you would be wishing you had an automatic car.

In my very first real traffic lesson (as in, not just small side-streets) about 2 months ago I got stuck in a huge line of cars and had to spend half an hour getting out of that jam. It was great exercise but then again if I had to do that every day I think I'd go nuts.

Automatic for me is more practical as I'm still a driving student and, to be honest, I'm quite clumsy at it, but then again I believe everyone should learn a manual transmission first. I love driving, I'm just pretty bad at it, because I could never practice on anything, as my family never owned a car and the first time I got behind the wheel in some yard was in mid-april this year. but then again using my almost 20-year bicycle experience I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be a good motorcycle rider

I sometimes change from 2nd to 4th by mistake and things like that, the engine starts rumbling, and my asshole driving instructor starts complaining, and even then I still believe it's better to learn to drive with a manual gear.

I definitely wish I had learned to drive manual first. I love driving and have a great appreciation for it but I think I would appreciate it even more if I learned how to drive manual. In any event, I want to learn still how to drive manual just for the fun of it.

But I don't think I would ever buy a manual car (although you never know). I just think automatic is definitely more practical and although it's like a moving couch, it can still be fun even in automatic.

I'd like to think I'm becoming even better as a driver. My job involves driving and I generally drive more than the average person (150km a day on average...sometimes less sometimes more). I still do stupid things from time to time but that's a result of me being either very tired or distracted (hot girl/woman in the car next to me or walking across the street for example lol )
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
Valentin B
Iconoclast

03.07.2012 at 10:07
Written by MetalSpider on 03.07.2012 at 00:21

I definitely wish I had learned to drive manual first. I love driving and have a great appreciation for it but I think I would appreciate it even more if I learned how to drive manual. In any event, I want to learn still how to drive manual just for the fun of it.

But I don't think I would ever buy a manual car (although you never know). I just think automatic is definitely more practical and although it's like a moving couch, it can still be fun even in automatic.

I'd like to think I'm becoming even better as a driver. My job involves driving and I generally drive more than the average person (150km a day on average...sometimes less sometimes more). I still do stupid things from time to time but that's a result of me being either very tired or distracted (hot girl/woman in the car next to me or walking across the street for example lol )

150 km every day is a lot, imo, I know taxi drivers who do a lot less than that. None of my co-workers drive to work as we all use public transport (which is insanely cheaper than braving the rush hour here), but some of them are still quite good at the wheel. you have the opportunity to practice though, and that's awesome.
----
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil.
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Fuck

03.07.2012 at 10:12
Here it's like f you leanred to drive in an automatic you are never allowed to drive a manual unless you take lessons again and again pass an exam.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

03.07.2012 at 11:17
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.07.2012 at 10:12

Here it's like f you leanred to drive in an automatic you are never allowed to drive a manual unless you take lessons again and again pass an exam.

Same, or similar, here. Auto licence is for auto only. Manual is for both. Most people learn to drive manual, even if they are gonna get an automatic. At least that way they can still drive a manual if they have to.
----
GO THE SHARKS!

Apathy is an emotion.
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Fuck

03.07.2012 at 11:22
Written by M C Vice on 03.07.2012 at 11:17

Same, or similar, here. Auto licence is for auto only. Manual is for both. Most people learn to drive manual, even if they are gonna get an automatic. At least that way they can still drive a manual if they have to.

That''s the way it is here as well.

No idea what it is like in most other countries though. But if there are countries where you are allowed to drive manual after only having learned to drive automatic that would be bloody dangerous and might actually explain the appalling driving abilities of a loads of people in lots of countries ahhahaha
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

03.07.2012 at 11:28
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.07.2012 at 11:22

Written by M C Vice on 03.07.2012 at 11:17

That''s the way it is here as well.

No idea what it is like in most other countries though. But if there are countries where you are allowed to drive manual after only having learned to drive automatic that would be bloody dangerous and might actually explain the appalling driving abilities of a loads of people in lots of countries ahhahaha

No it wouldn't, they don't know how to get out of first gear! Bit noisy, though, 60 kph in 1st.
----
GO THE SHARKS!

Apathy is an emotion.
Bad English
nobody

03.07.2012 at 13:17
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.07.2012 at 10:12

Same here I know one girl who did only auto and she was happy , till she get a job and she need use a company cars (not private ) and all was manual and sne cant do it and she get fired , and now she ha sno money to do it agan

Seems 90% cars what companies give to workers are manual , not automatical ,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
MetalSpider

04.07.2012 at 02:22
Written by Valentin B on 03.07.2012 at 10:07

Written by MetalSpider on 03.07.2012 at 00:21

150 km every day is a lot, imo, I know taxi drivers who do a lot less than that. None of my co-workers drive to work as we all use public transport (which is insanely cheaper than braving the rush hour here), but some of them are still quite good at the wheel. you have the opportunity to practice though, and that's awesome.

Yeah it's a lot and for the most part I love it, but it can get tiring that's for sure. 150km is the average basically...some days it's a lot less (less than 100...even less than 50 km on some days). But some days its more (almost at 200km...some days if Im not busy, I drive around aimlessly and can go over 200km in a day lol).

I think some people are naturally good drivers...in part because of their attitude and awareness behind the wheel and just their ability to somewhat know the size of the car (good depth perception etc.).
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave

04.07.2012 at 06:56
Manual is definitely the way to go for me, but as Marcel said, Auto is good for being more attentive to the road conditions and less confident drivers.
Fredd
Witch Doctor

05.07.2012 at 04:56
I prefer my anatomical gear stick.
----
Gonzo666

05.07.2012 at 10:32
Written by Dark Cornatus on 04.07.2012 at 06:56

Manual is definitely the way to go for me, but as Marcel said, Auto is good for being more attentive to the road conditions and less confident drivers.

Plus it's actually fun. Specially when you have a nice car.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/ChadwickAndo
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
― Hunter S. Thompson
MechanisT

11.08.2012 at 16:58
Manual. Automatic is too... I don't know what to call it.
MetallicA

13.08.2012 at 16:51
I haven't driven a manuel in a few years but I loved it when I did. I plan on getting a new car within the next month or so...it'll be a manuel for sure! They're just so much fun to drive and it keeps you engaged.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
CaLu

28.08.2012 at 20:24
I have driven an automatic geared car, and I really thought that it was like driving a go-kart. It can be fun, if you're having the right car for it.
Still I prefer manual gearing above automatic, as it gives me a more complete sense of driving a car.
----
- We must keep the spirit alive otherwise we'll drown in our negativity -

R. Wolf 2003
Stalker
Lone wanderer

19.09.2012 at 15:52
Even though I've never tried automatic, I vote for manual because of the following reasons. Firstly, in Europe (or at least this part of Europe) 90% of cars are manual, so its like a standard situation for me. Secondly, as Marcel nicely explained it, there are some advantages to manual - in situations where you need better control of your car or the gas spending. Also, when you learn to drive properly, your brain becomes "automatic" even though your car isn't That is, you don't really pay attention to the gearbox as much as to the road conditions.
I wish not to insult anybody, but I must say that its perfectly fine if somebody prefers automatic, but for me, if somebody says that they cant drive manual cars, for me that person is more like a half-driver, than a real driver. Sort of. Whatever
----
Bad English
nobody

19.09.2012 at 20:56
Written by Stalker on 19.09.2012 at 15:52

Even though I've never tried automatic, I vote for manual because of the following reasons. Firstly, in Europe (or at least this part of Europe) 90% of cars are manual, so its like a standard situation for me. Secondly, as Marcel nicely explained it, there are some advantages to manual - in situations where you need better control of your car or the gas spending. Also, when you learn to drive properly, your brain becomes "automatic" even though your car isn't That is, you don't really pay attention to the gearbox as much as to the road conditions.
I wish not to insult anybody, but I must say that its perfectly fine if somebody prefers automatic, but for me, if somebody says that they cant drive manual cars, for me that person is more like a half-driver, than a real driver. Sort of. Whatever

In all aipoprts and car rent is like 100 manual and 2 aurtomatical 99% in company cars has manual, many companies is contract if you need loamnd car company pays only for manual + fuel
My mothers BF company pay only for manual and also fuel if its manual (since he has auto only where he get pain for fuel is when he drove home from work 1000km from Stockholm up to north, work place - arland aiport he pay him self since he use his car), but still I hate werry much manual, I like automatical its like relax ride

Im not teqniqual expert but is it true manial brokes less like older manual cars and if its brokes its mechaniq if you know the way aroun car you can fix. but automatical is full whit electronics and only service can fix it and those brokes more?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Stalker
Lone wanderer

19.09.2012 at 21:31
Written by Bad English on 19.09.2012 at 20:56

Written by Stalker on 19.09.2012 at 15:52

In all aipoprts and car rent is like 100 manual and 2 aurtomatical 99% in company cars has manual, many companies is contract if you need loamnd car company pays only for manual + fuel
My mothers BF company pay only for manual and also fuel if its manual (since he has auto only where he get pain for fuel is when he drove home from work 1000km from Stockholm up to north, work place - arland aiport he pay him self since he use his car), but still I hate werry much manual, I like automatical its like relax ride

Im not teqniqual expert but is it true manial brokes less like older manual cars and if its brokes its mechaniq if you know the way aroun car you can fix. but automatical is full whit electronics and only service can fix it and those brokes more?

I don't know. I'm not a technical expert either, but it seems logical to me that automatic will suffer more, since you pay more attention to what you are doing to the motor and the car when you drive manual. And as you said, its more mechanics than electronics...
----
Malphas

20.09.2012 at 16:16
To be honest i don't really know if there is that much of a difference from manual to auto that u can't fix it yourself cuz i've never touched an automatic car...and about what marcel said (about 3 months ago) that you are more focused on the road when driving an automatic, i can't say that i agree because nowadays people are having special speed limiters or however they are called, so you reach a speed of let's say 70mp/h on a highway (yeah i wrote miles per hour cause those gadgets are mainly used in the US) then you press 1 button and the car will keep your speed constant at that same level...so basically u have nothing to do except for turning the wheel...and in that situation it's pretty easy to fall asleep. Another example, my personal favorite condition to drive in is at night, when it rains and the road is a bit slippery (and no i'm not saying this because i wanna imply that i'm be best driver in the world, i'm not, i'm just saying it's a little challenging and therefore very fun...and if u don't have to be very vary of the traffic and road conditions in such situations then i don't know) and i can't say i ever had any problems concentrating on what's happening around me as changing gears is not something that draws a lot of attention to itself...maybe in the 1st few weeks/months after u get your license, but once u get more experienced it just happens naturally and u basically don't pay any special attention to it (and u may have noticed i've had a license for just 3 years now). Another pro manual is driving uphill, so when u notice that you're losing speed and don't have enough power, you just go 1 gear lower and drive with a higher rev...on an automatic it would just go down up down up down up the gears and the speed which is very annoying, and it's also been mentioned before that you can save fuel by driving with a higher gear but lower speed (or simply, lower rev) and also if you suddenly have a huge truck on a tight road(for example a 2 line mountain road) in front of you and you just have a short straight to pass him, the acceleration is much better if you stay longer in a lower gear and go for a very high rev before changing a gear up...all of these things you cannot control when sitting in an automatic car
----
exclude the impossible, and what's left is the truth.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.