Metal Storm logo
Is there something you buy a lot of?

Original post

Posted by MetalSpider, 06.07.2012 - 06:59
Hopefully a thread like this hasn't been done before (can't find one).

So is there something (besides music and movies/games) that you buy a lot of? Are the items you buy expensive? Is it a collection you've been building for years? etc.

I have 5 headphones (well 4, 1 hasn't arrived yet). Collectively the 5 cost $1000. I've had headphones for many years but they were nothing special. Just the average headphones that you find anywhere and don't cost much. However, one day I bought a pair of $200 headphones (which I bought 4-5 years ago now and still have) and than a second for $250 not long after (the second pair still being used and still my favourite). Ever since than, I can't go back to cheap standard headphones. And it was just last week that I bought 2 more and today I bought my most expensive set yet $300 (originally $450 but they were on sale). I'm definitely thinking of buying more in the near future.

So anyone else out there crazy like me?
03.03.2013 - 23:13
R Lewis

Magnets, magnets, magnets. Everywhere I go, my mom forces me to buy one. I came back home yesterday with one from Wien and another from Bratislava.
P.S.: Bratislava, as a town, sucks. But it's DAMN FULL OF HOTTIES.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
04.03.2013 - 14:59
Sinnercist

Caffeine in any and all forms. The running joke around my social circle is if im not holding coffee, dont approach me, its hazardous. Other than that, I'd have to agree with R Lewis on the magnets phenomenon. They are awesome trinkets when I get back from anywhere that work awesomely as small souvenirs for everyone.
----
From YOLO to LOLOL. You're welcome.
10.03.2013 - 23:24
Sophist

Written by Sinnercist on 04.03.2013 at 14:59
Caffeine in any and all forms. The running joke around my social circle is if im not holding coffee, dont approach me, its hazardous.

On caffeine, but on the other hand my friends only joke about my caffeine affection (let's not call it addiction) when I don't consume anything with caffeine saying that I'm like a zombie.
Apart from that, cigarettes. I almost always have my favorites in my pocket, and often try out new stuff or buy tobacco from the local markets.
12.03.2013 - 01:37
Eddie the Head

I used to buy a lot of movies and CD's, but stopped it, mostly because of not enough room and short on funds.
15.03.2013 - 10:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
During the past months I started eating a LOT at Subway. So far I ate at around 9 restaurants in 4 cities in 3 different countries (Bucharest, Munich, St Petersburg, Moscow) and I love it! my favorite (though I'm sure my doctor would disagree) is the big steak and cheese with oregano bread and chipotle sauce. Shit, I'm making myself hungry
15.03.2013 - 11:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.03.2013 at 23:56

Written by Guest on 18.02.2013 at 10:52
Newly I smoke a lot!

My best friend is sort of giving me the habit. Thankfully I'm yet to actually buy a packet for myself. When i buy I usually just split it between 1-3 friends and smoke usually at parties while drinking.
My only addiction still remains Cds, band tshirts and movies and considering that a packet of cigarettes cost like... half a cd, to me it's just a waste of money since I barely smoke anyways and love cds way too much.

I think the cost of a pack of cigarettes is a main reason not to smoke in Sweden, so you're okay for now
15.03.2013 - 18:56
Volkie

Written by R Lewis on 03.03.2013 at 23:13

Magnets, magnets, magnets. Everywhere I go, my mom forces me to buy one. I came back home yesterday with one from Wien and another from Bratislava.
P.S.: Bratislava, as a town, sucks. But it's DAMN FULL OF HOTTIES.

Sounds like pretty dam good town to me then.
26.03.2013 - 17:00
Jpageforever

I buy lots of candy and junk food. Mostly candy. I can spend $20 at a gas station easily. I love candy💚