Metal Storm logo
Deep Purple - Founding Member Jonathan Douglas "Jon" Lord Passes Away Aged 71

Sadly, we have to announce the passing of Jon Lord, former keyboard player of Deep Purple, who suffered a fatal pulmonary embolism today, Monday 16th of July, at the London Clinic, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Jonathan Douglas "Jon" Lord co-wrote many of the band's legendary songs including "Smoke On The Water" and played with many bands and musicians throughout his career, including Whitesnake, but he retired from Deep Purple in 2002. Lord was also a celebrated composer. Since retiring from Deep Purple, Lord released two classical albums: Durham Concerto (2008) and To Notice Such Things (2010).

[Thanks to Marcel Hubregtse]

Source: jonlord.org
Band profile: Deep Purple
Posted: 16.07.2012 by BloodTears

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 64   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 306 users
21.07.2012 - 17:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 19.07.2012 at 22:33
I guess I respect and love Jon Lord and Deep purple too much to think such a joke is OK (on this thread).

As others have said, there's really nothing to be upset about here. Especially considering how inoffensive the joke was.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.07.2012 - 18:19
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.07.2012 at 17:41

Written by Guest on 19.07.2012 at 22:33
I guess I respect and love Jon Lord and Deep purple too much to think such a joke is OK (on this thread).

As others have said, there's really nothing to be upset about here. Especially considering how inoffensive the joke was.

I honestly apologize if I upset anyone with my complaint, it was not my intention.
21.07.2012 - 18:33
RavenKing

Sad news. At least he was at an age that it's normal to die, and not only 30 or 40.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
23.07.2012 - 20:14
Kwis

What a legend. His work on Highway Star remains my favourite keyboard part ever.

Hits total: 6308 | This month: 9