Metal Storm logo
Brazilian Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 01:03
Here it is! For all Brazilian metalheads here in MS to discuss about everything we want (unfortunately in English... ). Talk about your favourite bands, shows, politics, World Cup, everything you want! Don't be shame.

Cheers.
06.03.2014 - 03:26
Sentinel65
Written by Karlabos on 01.03.2014 at 15:18

It depends on what you think is a good band. I like black metal, on that genre I know Luxúria de Lillith, Velho, Miasthenia, ...
There's also the ambient black metal band "Arvorar", but you probably wouldn't understand a word with that vocals...

Power and heavy scenes suck, I never found anything worthy... Well, but I'm not really into those genres anyway so... :p
You could specify which genre you want, maybe I will know more accurate recs then.

At this point I know so little about the Brazilian metal scene that really any hard rock/punk/metal would be awesome. I've really only found some early Raimundos stuff that I think is pretty good, but otherwise a good amount of the metal I've found is pretty weak. So any names anyone can throw out is great!
06.03.2014 - 13:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Sentinel65 on 06.03.2014 at 03:26

At this point I know so little about the Brazilian metal scene that really any hard rock/punk/metal would be awesome. I've really only found some early Raimundos stuff that I think is pretty good, but otherwise a good amount of the metal I've found is pretty weak. So any names anyone can throw out is great!

Not really my cup of tea, but here are some bands considerable "notable":
Ratos De Porão
Matanza
Motorocker
Azul Limão
Garotos Podres

Also Rodox is/was the band of Raimundo's old vocalist
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
03.06.2014 - 02:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
So huh... Aren't the Brazilian gonna start to talk about the world cup yet? 9 days remaining
I guess it's because I'm about the only Brazilian active left on MS anyway =P
----
- Reimu Hakurei
03.06.2014 - 11:17
no one
Account deleted
From what i'v seen you guys should have the world crack cup... seriously though surely they're all talking about it in the soccer thread.

Btw are there any good Brazilian black metal bands...you know..that i might like?
03.06.2014 - 17:31
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 03.06.2014 at 11:17

From what i'v seen you guys should have the world crack cup...

I don't doubt it =P That's why I'm gonna lock myself up home during the cup and never look outside

seriously though surely they're all talking about it in the soccer thread.

Well, I visited that thread to see if they were and this was the actual state:

Btw are there any good Brazilian black metal bands...you know..that i might like?

It's been a while since I didn't look upon new Brazilian bands, the scene seems to be stuck on the 2nd wave, so I don't even bother...
I can only think of Thy Light and Arvorar...
There's also Lamuria Abissal, but it's pretty average...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
03.06.2014 - 17:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff

You might actually like Sarcófago. One of those old black metal bands that by today's standards has more to do with thrash than black metal and the vocals are done in a predominantly growling style similar to old school death metal bands rather than the typical shrieks of black metal but ya... Brazil doesn't offer a whole lot by way of quality black metal and you like a bunch of stuff I don't that comes out of the '80s and early '90s so you might dig 'em.

That production though.

EDIT: read further comments in this thread - case of mistaken identity at hand here
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.06.2014 - 17:47
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.06.2014 at 17:33

you like a bunch of stuff I don't that comes out of the '80s and early '90s so you might dig 'em.

Wouldn't that be "dead" one instead? xD
----
- Reimu Hakurei
03.06.2014 - 17:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Karlabos on 03.06.2014 at 17:47
Wouldn't that be "dead" one instead? xD

Didn't even realize it was no one and not deadone...

In that case no one, I'd recommend Thy Light. Depressive black metal, not nearly as raw or old school, and right up your alley.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.06.2014 - 21:56
no one
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 03.06.2014 at 17:31

It's been a while since I didn't look upon new Brazilian bands, the scene seems to be stuck on the 2nd wave, so I don't even bother...
I can only think of Thy Light and Arvorar...
There's also Lamuria Abissal, but it's pretty average...

thanks, i didn't even know thy light was from brazil! i know them well already

i will check those bands and listen to that clip of troys when i get home from work

i hear you about the second wave thing, it's the same over here which really sucks because i have never been to a bm gig and the bands here just don't sound like there worth the effort
03.06.2014 - 22:01
no one
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.06.2014 at 17:49

Didn't even realize it was no one and not deadone...

i know my name is similar but how could you be so offensive!
03.06.2014 - 22:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 03.06.2014 at 22:01
i know my name is similar but how could you be so offensive!

You both have such a similar usernames but such different personalities. I'll be more careful when responding in the future.
----
03.06.2014 - 22:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 03.06.2014 at 02:15

So huh... Aren't the Brazilian gonna start to talk about the world cup yet? 9 days remaining
I guess it's because I'm about the only Brazilian active left on MS anyway =P

there was Uirapuru , who was great expert I love his Copa Libertadores, Sudameriana and also Copa America reviews, also Wild Child who was more spam child as I
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.06.2014 - 22:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

From what i'v seen you guys should have the world crack cup... seriously though surely they're all talking about it in the soccer thread.

read my post in S American metal scenre many years ago I have some bands there IMO some were black
----

apos;'
[image]
03.06.2014 - 22:37
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 03.06.2014 at 22:30

there was Uirapuru , who was great expert I love his Copa Libertadores, Sudameriana and also Copa America reviews, also Wild Child who was more spam child as I

I guess he "left" after I made my account here.
Also why am I not surprised for a Brazilian being spam child? =P I guess that must be our trade mark on every forum out there
----
- Reimu Hakurei
23.06.2014 - 16:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hello Brazilians
Can i ask
an you use car and train and go to all WC destinations .... well coat ine seems ok to me but how Cuiba and Manaus ?? can you reach both places whitcar and train?

I was watching a doc about amazon and river delhines close to manaus
Guy was easly swimmig there ... well river as wild as I dunno,... but isnt there living caimans and piranhas or both fuckers live just in some places, or some surounding rivers of amazon
----

apos;'
[image]
23.06.2014 - 16:33
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 23.06.2014 at 16:06

Hello Brazilians
Can i ask
an you use car and train and go to all WC destinations .... well coat ine seems ok to me but how Cuiba and Manaus ?? can you reach both places whitcar and train?

Guy was easly swimmig there ... well river as wild as I dunno,... but isnt there living caimans and piranhas or both fuckers live just in some places, or some surounding rivers of amazon

I don't know for sure, since I live in the other side of the country...
But it seems people are going by car until Belem and taking boats from there.
Also, by flight it is possible, of course.

Personaly I think it's better to travel by the air. As long as (except for Amazonas) the roads work well, the places are way too far from each other. Grab a world map and measure the size of Brazil. It's almost a whole Europe =P
----
- Reimu Hakurei
23.06.2014 - 16:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 23.06.2014 at 16:33

Written by Bad English on 23.06.2014 at 16:06

Hello Brazilians
Can i ask

I don't know for sure, since I live in the other side of the country...
But it seems people are going by car until Belem and taking boats from there.
Also, by flight it is possible, of course.

Personaly I think it's better to travel by the air. As long as (except for Amazonas) the roads work well, the places are way too far from each other. Grab a world map and measure the size of Brazil. It's almost a whole Europe =P

I know how far it is but sometimes such destinations is good do by train and car --- well amazon seems can be fucked... way to nature, forests. wide river sythems

and how about ansver to secodnm part wild life quastion?
----

apos;'
[image]
23.06.2014 - 16:46
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 23.06.2014 at 16:36

Well, as far as I know the area where the boat trips occur are all turistic, so the few indians living there are friendly, have restaurants and stuff... As long as you follow the instructions of the men in charge there should be no problem
Don't know about piranhas though... (personally I wouldn't risk swimming in the river)
----
- Reimu Hakurei
23.06.2014 - 16:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 23.06.2014 at 16:46

Written by Bad English on 23.06.2014 at 16:36

Well, as far as I know the area where the boat trips occur are all turistic, so the few indians living there are friendly, have restaurants and stuff... As long as you follow the instructions of the men in charge there should be no problem
Don't know about piranhas though... (personally I wouldn't risk swimming in the river)

I see, well I wanna have boat ride in amazon all till the see ... whity soem girs in the boat as well
I was wondering because it seeems risky.. maybe there are areas where are no those meat eaters .. or maybe in wide river and deep they dont live ,
----

apos;'
[image]
07.04.2018 - 21:57
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Any thoughts on the Lula matter?

I honestly don't care much whether he is arrested or not, as long as he doesn't win the next election. Now that would make the country dig the pit really quick.
And unfortunately I kind of think he will be elected anyway because Brazilians are stupid =/
----
- Reimu Hakurei