Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - Steve Harris To Release Solo Album In September

Iron Maiden's bassist Steve Harris announced that he will release a solo/side project album entitled British Lion through EMI Music on September 24th. The album features ten songs that Steve and his collaborators have been working on for the past few years between Iron Maiden tours and releases.

The following official press release was issued: "With a decidedly heavy rock-vibe this roaring debut paints with a full palette of sounds; brooding, melancholic, righteously indignant and exuberantly heavy. With Kevin Shirley at the mixing helm - whose credits include Iron Maiden as well as Led Zeppelin, Journey and Rush among many others - this is an album to sink your teeth into. From the growling riffage of opening salvo 'This Is My God' to the heavy forlorn balladry of follow-up Lost Worlds which showcases Richard Taylor's soaring vocals, it's clear that 'British Lion' is an altogether different beast from Maiden."

Steve explains: "And as far as the name British Lion; I've always been proud to be British. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be. It's a massive part of being me. It's not like I'm flag-waving or trying to preach, this is not a political statement at all. It's like supporting your football team, where you come from. I just think it lends itself to some really strong imagery too, and to me it fits in with the sound."

British Lion tracklist:

01. This Is My God
02. Lost Worlds
03. Karma Killer
04. Us Against The World
05. The Chosen Ones
06. A World Without Heaven
07. Judas
08. Eyes Of The Young
09. These Are The Hands
10. The Lesson

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 18.07.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 24   Visited by: 312 users
18.07.2012 - 20:10
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Hmmm, nah, I bet it sounds exactly like Maiden.
18.07.2012 - 20:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Unhealer on 18.07.2012 at 20:10

Hmmm, nah, I bet it sounds exactly like Maiden.

hahaha indeed
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.07.2012 - 22:51
Fat & Sassy!

That's so fucking metal.
18.07.2012 - 22:58
Cüca Beludö
Account deleted
I just KNOW it will be average, but looking forward for this.
19.07.2012 - 00:20
JohnDoe
Account deleted
This could be interesting (if it's something different from Maiden of course)
19.07.2012 - 00:47
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Interesting and not long after Adrian Smith did a side project album - see Primal Rock Rebellion.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
19.07.2012 - 00:55
Urizen367

I'll check it out, buuuut i'm still hoping Bruce will come out with a new solo album soon instead
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
19.07.2012 - 05:19
Arcticus

Still waiting for Nicko's solo album...
19.07.2012 - 05:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Even though it's probably inconceivable at this point, PLEASE don't let it be in the pseudo-prog rock vein that Iron Maiden's tapping now. Otherwise, fucking ZZZZZ
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.07.2012 - 07:50
The Voyager
The Table
Who cares?
19.07.2012 - 09:03
renai

Iron Maiden not Harris' solo project ? BTW, that is a superb nice bronze lion.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
19.07.2012 - 09:32
Dylan

Considering his signature sound is maiden's sound, it probably wont be too different.

still he's my favourite bassist, ill have to check it out
19.07.2012 - 10:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Please be better than The Final Frontier.. it's not that difficult, dammit.
19.07.2012 - 10:35
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Arcticus on 19.07.2012 at 05:19

Then it will be Bruce? Eh?

Come down crackpot. He was having a recorded songs way back and was getting ready for new album anytime soon. So he did it. No next member from Maiden gonna cruise out and will release some solo shit. Anyways, the next album coming out of from Maiden's arena gonna be IRON MAIDEN'S NEW ALBUM and I think that gonna be their last album they will ever recorded( probably, in 2013? not sure about it.).
19.07.2012 - 11:10
Snake? Snaaaake!
Account deleted
We dont have any lions in the uk. Unless you count the lions in the zoo.
19.07.2012 - 11:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 19.07.2012 at 11:10

We dont have any lions in the uk. Unless you count the lions in the zoo.

what about the lios on the English emblem?
Just like we the Dutch also have lions.

But to be honest the lion on the album cover looks more like a wolf
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2012 - 11:22
Snake? Snaaaake!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2012 at 11:16

Yeah i've never understood that. Its not like lions are an indiginous species here or that we're famous for our lions haha.
19.07.2012 - 12:55
Arcticus

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 19.07.2012 at 10:35

Written by Arcticus on 19.07.2012 at 05:19

Then it will be Bruce? Eh?

Come down crackpot. He was having a recorded songs way back and was getting ready for new album anytime soon. So he did it. No next member from Maiden gonna cruise out and will release some solo shit. Anyways, the next album coming out of from Maiden's arena gonna be IRON MAIDEN'S NEW ALBUM and I think that gonna be their last album they will ever recorded( probably, in 2013? not sure about it.).

Dude, chillax, I was joking. I hope Bruce has a new album soon too. Not sure about this one though - will have a listen when it comes out.
19.07.2012 - 20:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 19.07.2012 at 11:22

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2012 at 11:16

Yeah i've never understood that. Its not like lions are an indiginous species here or that we're famous for our lions haha.

Well, Norway has as coat of arms, a crowned yellow lion with a snake tongue holding an axe. don't ask questions, just try and make a badass coat of arms
20.07.2012 - 01:05
RavenKing

Written by Valentin B on 19.07.2012 at 10:19

Please be better than The Final Frontier.. it's not that difficult, dammit.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this turns out better than anything Maiden released recently.
Like you say, it's not very difficult.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
22.07.2012 - 02:47
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I just find this odd. The last time the Maiden boys started releasing solo albums in the late 80's the ones who did left the band, though I doubt that will happen now. Still, why a Steve Harris solo project? He's been the main songwriter in Maiden for over 30 years, never giving any indication that he has other musical interests to pursue, and now all of a sudden he's discovered he has other ambitions and ideas he needs to get out there? I doubt it will be all that different from what Maiden are doing nowadays.

But of course I will check it out.
22.07.2012 - 03:08
RavenKing

Written by Azarath on 22.07.2012 at 02:47

I just find this odd. The last time the Maiden boys started releasing solo albums in the late 80's the ones who did left the band

I was still a big Maiden fan when Bruce Dickinson released "Tattooed Millionnaire" and I remember that it made me worried back then. And, indeed, the band started to fall apart a few years later.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
24.07.2012 - 01:45
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by RavenKing on 22.07.2012 at 03:08

I was still a big Maiden fan when Bruce Dickinson released "Tattooed Millionnaire" and I remember that it made me worried back then. And, indeed, the band started to fall apart a few years later.

Yeah, but I doubt anyone would leave the band at this point. They're all older now and probably pretty comfortable being in Maiden. They can go out on massive tours and every now and then release an album if they feel like it. And Steve would probably be the least likely to leave.
01.08.2012 - 13:18
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by The Voyager on 19.07.2012 at 07:50

Who cares?

People who like Steve Harris or Iron Maiden... really what was the point of your post?

Hits total: 7164 | This month: 4