Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - Drummer Leaves Band

After months of rumors and speculation, British extreme metallers Cradle Of Filth have officially confirmed the departure of drummer Adrian Erlandsson. According to an official press release, "Erlandsson has found that his two side projects Needleye and Nemhain are taking up more and more of his time and has made the decision to leave Cradle Of Filth so he can concentrate more of his energies on them."

Commented Adrian: "I have enjoyed my time with Cradle but it is now time to move on. I feel I am going out on a high as 'Thornography' is definitely our best album to date."

Over the course of the last few months, rumors of Adrian's departure have been gaining strength, with several "in-the-know" parties claiming that Adrian was fired from the group just days before they were to sign a new publishing deal. As a result, it was reported (but not officially confirmed) that Erlandsson was relegated to the status of a "session" member (whereby he was paid only for time worked and was not entitled to any publishing or artist royalties), a situation which was rumored to have strained his relationship with the band's frontman Dani Davey (a.k.a. Dani Filth).

In the last few weeks, Erlandsson ? a native Swede who was in At The Gates and The Haunted prior to joining Cradle Of Filth ? has been getting increasingly involved in outside projects ? such as Nemhain (which is fronted by Erlandsson's wife, fetish model Morrigan Hel; a.k.a. Amber England) and Needleye ? culminating in his non-appearance in Cradle Of Filth's new video for the song "Temptation".

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 16.11.2006 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 27 users
16.11.2006 - 00:11
Baz Anderson
staff
'Thornography' - best? haha - thats laughable
the band went down-hill after Nick Barker left in my opinion, so we'll see what they do now. i feel it will be an even more cringe-worthy path though unfortunatly
16.11.2006 - 00:19
Talvi
It's normal each band considers their last album their best. If not, they wouldn't had made it xD
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
16.11.2006 - 00:24
Bararey
Winter is Coming
elite
Another line up change for cradle of filth? What a shocker :
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
16.11.2006 - 00:27
Baz Anderson
staff
well this one was a surprise to me - Adrian has been in the band seven years or so
16.11.2006 - 00:36
Silhouette
Adrian is just trying to be nice and polite.
In drumming, Thornography is definitely their worst album.
Adrian's probably leaving 'cause they've made him play boring drums.
16.11.2006 - 00:42
iaberis
Advice Troll
At last! One by one these shity bands start to disband!
----
Bitch! Please
16.11.2006 - 01:21
Princ_Of_Horror
Well,he was in COF for a long time..so its time for him to go too..well maybe Dani is next to go..lol
16.11.2006 - 01:40
X-FrEaK
hum...i guess he was one of the best in the actual line-up loler...
----
16.11.2006 - 02:24
ChristianMetaler
Account deleted
Good for Adrian! The drumming is horrible and boring on Thornography. I'm pretty sure he just said it's their best album to be polite and not to cause shit with the band. They should get Barker back on board. Cradle seemed to have gone downhill since he left. Although Damnation and a Day and Nymphetamine in my opinion were still good albums, the style was changed way too much.

Hopefully he'll be happier playing in his side bands. As for Cradle of Filth. They god too cocky. Fuck 'em! And Thornograhpy for the record, sucks balls.
16.11.2006 - 04:40
tulkas
el parcero
well, another member to Cradle's collection of former members (that thing's huge!!)
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
16.11.2006 - 06:50
autumnal requiem
Account deleted
for the fucking hell..it's pull shit..making him play in that shity way of course w'll take the dicision out..:nono:
16.11.2006 - 09:11
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
havent heard new album, i guess i wont like it. but any ways, ill listen to it, just to feed my hate towards COF
16.11.2006 - 10:14
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I was surprised that the drummer decided to leave.. Oh well, COF is going down-hills anyway..
16.11.2006 - 14:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
NO! He's a great drummer and were the one with most talent in the band, after Dani Filth.
----
16.11.2006 - 14:50
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
A great drummer indeed, and Thornography didn't need a great drummer, he was tired to play in that way... I think Adrian made the right decision.
Another change of line-up... Dani, calm down and pay more attention to your musicians, Thornography isn't a great album, really!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
16.11.2006 - 16:12
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by iaberis on 16.11.2006 at 00:42

Agreed!
What you think the next will be?
----
16.11.2006 - 22:59
jadawal
Sorry but Cradle isn't just starting to disband, just look at the band profile for fuck sakes!

But it is kinda shitty to hear this, even though I hate the new Cradle, Adrian was still a good drummer. But good for him, he got out of a band that's gone totally downhill and useless. Maybe he we try and grow his two other side-bands into huge multimillion dollar projects like Cradle was/is. Except maybe he'll try and do it playing good music?
16.11.2006 - 23:51
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Written by tulkas on 16.11.2006 at 04:40

well, another member to Cradle's collection of former members (that thing's huge!!)

My thoughts exactly, tulkas.
17.11.2006 - 18:42
Mr Heartbreaker
Account deleted
was there EVER a point where COF was any good?
18.11.2006 - 07:06
Eye Of Horus
Account deleted
Good For You Adrian They They Were Making You Look Bad....and yeah Thornography blew balls..Midian and Damnation where your 2 good ones !!....C.O.F should just end it....they were all god albums except The lates and for those of u who havent heard it dont drop the 15$ like i did you'll find it in the Used section because thats right were i dropped it back off and got my money back for that shitty ass album..tisk tisk tisk..this band for starters went down hill when Nicholas left..and again when Gian Left That also was a big fuck up for them....fuck you dani filth you self centered brit fuck !!:nogood:
18.11.2006 - 11:58
Wotan
Account deleted
bla bla bla.. soon they'll make supreme vampyric pop metal ...:necro:
22.12.2008 - 22:47
Slayer666
Written by 4look4rd on 16.11.2006 at 16:12

Written by iaberis on 16.11.2006 at 00:42

Agreed!
What you think the next will be?

You know what?You better hope I never find you two fucks in real life!CoF is THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!OK,Thornography really sucks ass,but nobody's perfect.They have to make a crapy album once....
But,look at their earlier works:The Principle of Evil Made Flesh,Dusk...And Her Embrace,Cruelty and The Beast,Bitter Suiles the Succubi,From The Cradle to Enslave,Damnation a Day,Godspeed on The Devil's Thunder.........Listen to something before you pass judgment on it,you n00b!
27.12.2008 - 11:17
Chriss26
Haha believe me .. Dani filth is next

Hits total: 8834 | This month: 11