Metal Storm logo
Deeds of Flesh

Original post

Posted by Dangerboner, 16.11.2006 - 02:16
Deeds of Flesh is a brutal death metal band from California. Since 1994-ish, they have released many consistantly good albums, all of which I own. The drummer is very fast, with relentless blast beats, while Jacoby and Erik belch out the monstrous vocals. It's hard for me to pick which of their albums are their best because pretty much everything they've made is good, but I've been listening to Crown of Souls quite a bit lately. Not only do they make great music, but they founded one of the finest record label out there- Unique Leader Records.

I've had the pleasure of seeing them live twice and I must say that they are one of the best live death metal bands I've ever seen. They have great energy and the most pits are always as brutal as the music. They're really in tune with the fans which is a cool thing to see, and it's pretty obvious that they persuade the bands on their label to do so as well. Every time I see a band from Unique Leader Records live, the members always hang out with the crowd before and after the show and give autographs and have lengthy conversations with everyone. I've talked to Jacoby, the bassist and vocalist, a couple of times and he's a really cool guy.

Anyways, what do you guys think about them?
27.01.2010 - 16:27
theflyingmachine

Oh yea lol. That is probably what it is.
30.06.2010 - 07:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Hmm not enough death metal discussion on this site lately. Anyone else looking forward to their new album, Portal to Canaan? I love the last album, so this one should be good as well. I'm hoping it comes out this year
01.07.2010 - 04:19
theflyingmachine

Yeah this site has been missing that...I'm looking forward to at least listening to their new album. I just think that they kind of lost their trademark sound in favor of a Decrepit Birth sound on their last album (not that that is entirely a bad thing).
01.07.2010 - 05:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
They did change a bit, but I think it was still an improvement over Crown of Souls. It took me a few listens before I really started to like Of What's to Come.... Unearthly Invent especially is fucking tight
02.08.2010 - 21:14
Malphas

Yeah their small change was from old school brutal death to more technical brutal death on their latest album...but still it's awesome just as every release from Deeds of Flesh
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
06.08.2010 - 10:12
The Grindcorps

Written by Dangerboner on 30.06.2010 at 07:28

Hmm not enough death metal discussion on this site lately. Anyone else looking forward to their new album, Portal to Canaan? I love the last album, so this one should be good as well. I'm hoping it comes out this year

YEh. I"m excited. THey have had some good releases on unique leader this year and this will be another great one. I wish they would tour more. They are soo amazing but have a limited yet stong cult following so people refuse to book them for what they deserve. I was talking to my friend dave from cattle decap and he was saying that tours like summer slaughter only wanted to pay the legend deeds $200 a night. SUcks doesn't it?